Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Nothing they can do will make me believe Kev's at fault. Ashley can fuck off if he thinks it's possible - they need to back down and sharpish.

Back down on what exactly? The Transfer window is closed. No-one's been sold that he wanted to keep, not since he said it was his choice to sell Milner anyway.

Keegan has happily gone along with the set-up for 8 months

They're the ones that made this mess, they need to fix it. If they made promises to Keegan and haven't followed through with them then had the cheek to call his bluff when he's blown up about it then they need to back down and admit they were wrong. I don't see Kev returning though because it'd always be underlying now and the press would never leave it alone, Kev couldn't work with Fat Ashley and Wise. IF, and it's a big if, Ashley was going to try and sort it out he'd need to dismiss Wise as a gesture that Keegan isn't being undermined.

Aye. It's all if's.

The only thing we know is Keegan hasn't been sacked and his most recent comments have been about how happy he was with player acquisitions and departures up until Saturday.

I don't know if Keegan's been misled, but he's been lying to the fans one way or another.

I don't understand, are you supporting Ashley in all this? :lol:

It's a time to come together people. :D

I can see you goose stepping down the Champs-Élysées back in '41 "Come on people, just go along with it".

I would have carpet bombed the French back to the stone age.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he doesn't go who can honestly see this being sorted in the long run? Short of an Abu Dhabi takeover.

Me, it's called compromise

Is that it's called? Cheers for letting me know.

No bother. If you need any more advice in amongst all the weeping and wailing that's going on then just let me know

Tbf, I think the fans have a right to be upset.

Of course they do but no-one knows what's happened and people are just making stuff up to lay the blame at somebodys door

Keegan apparently walked or was sacked yesterday and then the club made an ambiguous statement which only muddied the waters. People are speculating as to what has happened on a NUFC messageboard. What else would you expect exactly? Apart from which you're actually speculating an agreement could be reached.

If it's annoying you, log off for a while.

It isn't annoying me you baldy prick, you are :lol:

Job done then.

Even if he doesn't go who can honestly see this being sorted in the long run? Short of an Abu Dhabi takeover.

No bother. If you need any more advice in amongst all the weeping and wailing that's going on then just let me know

Of course they do but no-one knows what's happened and people are just making stuff up to lay the blame at somebodys door

You can see from the way the summers gone that KK hasn't had much say in whats gone on.

Agreed but who's that down to? Nobody knows for sure. I hate Wise but I'm still none the wiser if he's actually at fault. The biggest shame for me is that I like the new scouting structure and would be happy to see Barton and Smith moved on but not without KK's permission. 100k a week wages and 11.8m transfer fee for those two wasters

I doubt Keegan would have had a problem with the sales of Barton, Smith or indeed Milner (esp. for £12m) if he'd then been allowed (or better still been allowed in advance) to bring in around 4 quality first team players (on top of those who had already came in).

He will sue the club, but pending such an action he won't be able to talk to us.

More likely the club will sue him.

They couldn't sue a shirt. Complete fucking amateurs.

If you say so.

I thought Ashley's boys were all top lawyers...like Mort who everyone seems to think was competent.

Not a dig at KK but I think it's feasible he did walk then subsequently realised that he would then have to pay the quoted £1m. It would make anyone think twice, especially if his reported financial problems are true.

That said, he would only have walked with good reason.

You can see from the way the summers gone that KK hasn't had much say in whats gone on.

Agreed but who's that down to? Nobody knows for sure. I hate Wise but I'm still none the wiser if he's actually at fault. The biggest shame for me is that I like the new scouting structure and would be happy to see Barton and Smith moved on but not without KK's permission. 100k a week wages and 11.8m transfer fee for those two wasters

I doubt Keegan would have had a problem with the sales of Barton, Smith or indeed Milner (esp. for £12m) if he'd then been allowed (or better still been allowed in advance) to bring in around 4 quality first team players (on top of those who had already came in).

That's probably the crux of it and like I said it's a shame. Not that I don't trust Keegan's transfer judgement but the new transfer policy shows some promise

He will sue the club, but pending such an action he won't be able to talk to us.

If you say so.

I thought Ashley's boys were all top lawyers...like Mort who everyone seems to think was competent.

They will bottle it and come to a compromise with KK.

Think for a min about the fallout from such a long running court case.

Some johnny-come-latelies suing the idol of Newcastle football club.

Believe me if their amateurishness needs any conformation then taking KK to court will leave nobody in any doubt.

I'd like to see them hire another manager while that is ongoing.

If KK feels he has a case for constructive dismissal I for one don't doubt it, I take his word over Ashley anytime.

COMPLETE AND UTTER DOWN COLD AMATEURS.

Edited by Park Life

That's probably the crux of it and like I said it's a shame. Not that I don't trust Keegan's transfer judgement but the new transfer policy shows some promise

Depend who was a product of what. Although squad size-wise it's rather iffy.

Come back

Keegler, come back

Keegler, come back

Keegler, come back

This is the second time in your stay

That you have run away

I'm asking you for the first time

Fuck me [unintelligible] stay (all right)

Hey (all right)

Hey (all right!)

Hey, yeah

Aye, it shows some promise, i.e. in the scouting structure. That said we've been iirc outspent by the clubs we're hoping to challenge in the near future, let alone the 'big 4' in the last two summer transfer windows now. The likes of Everton, Villa, etc. who already had better sides than us. Overall, that policy will get us nowhere.

Aye, it shows some promise, i.e. in the scouting structure. That said we've been iirc outspent by the clubs we're hoping to challenge in the near future, let alone the 'big 4' in the last two summer transfer windows now. The likes of Everton, Villa, etc. who already had better sides than us. Overall, that policy will get us nowhere.

Totally agree.

Broken down to the bones it is just a money making strategy and nothing to do with football whatsoever.

KK was the only one batting for us reg what happens on the pitch, the rest of them don't give a toss.

Totally agree.

Broken down to the bones it is just a money making strategy and nothing to do with football whatsoever.

KK was the only one batting for us reg what happens on the pitch, the rest of them don't give a toss.

Honestly believe this like. I was slaughtered by some on here with that story about Modric, KK's reaction etc. Seems like it was true now iyam.

If you say so.

Believe me if their amateurishness needs any conformation then taking KK to court will leave nobody in any doubt.

If KK feels he has a case for constructive dismissal I for one don't doubt it, I take his word over Ashley anytime.

Similarly I'd like to see Keegan try and take them to court. They'd wipe the floor with him.

It's all hypothetical bollocks anyway.

Totally agree.

Honestly believe this like. I was slaughtered by some on here with that story about Modric, KK's reaction etc. Seems like it was true now iyam.

Sadly it looks that way.

If you say so.

Similarly I'd like to see Keegan try and take them to court. They'd wipe the floor with him.

It won't go to court, the first sign that KK is serious they will bottle it....They are nothing more than bullies and small time smash and grab merchants.

Totally agree.

Sadly it looks that way.

Tbh, I chose to put it to the back of my own mind because I didn't really want to believe it.

Not even long term after getting the wage bill sorted and the dead wood shifted?

If you say so.

I would imagine the contract is pretty explicit about what happens in the event either party decide to prematurely end it. Ashley is too clever in terms of business acumen for this not to be the case imo.

Why is no cunt talking??

Keegan has said via the LMA that he hasn't quit and the club said via .co.uk that they haven't sacked him.

Aye that was last neet. That's not talking.

Not even long term after getting the wage bill sorted and the dead wood shifted?

That would mean a change in the current policy though. We could have still spent more in the medium term than we have and we would have been more competitive. There's the increased TV revenue, the extra ST money (whether that was from people stumping-up for 3 years in advance or the increase on the basic price). There was also the money Ashley used to pay off the entire debt in one fell swoop. It’s not like he had to do that. Even another £20m of that on transfers would have made a big difference.

Edited by alex