Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

Even if he doesn't go who can honestly see this being sorted in the long run? Short of an Abu Dhabi takeover.

Me, it's called compromise

Is that it's called? Cheers for letting me know.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post in this thread cos ive been feeling a bit :D

Ive a feeling both ashley and the keegan will stay and that 1 of llambias and wise will fall on their swords.

I Hope youre right Laz marra. COme and join in the fun, well look after you :lol:

B):rolleyes:

Ashely needs to go. He has made KK look stupid this summer. KK has come out saying i want x amount signings i wana keep milner owens contract needs doing etc etc and they havent done anything he wanted. Why the fuck was ashely trying to sell MO if he is just after money why didnt he take the offer of a takeover a couple months ago. WTF!!!!

My first post in this thread cos ive been feeling a bit :lol:

Ive a feeling both ashley and the keegan will stay and that 1 of llambias and wise will fall on their swords.

I agree - the statement by the club made it clear Ashley is still in it for the long term, and I honestly think he does mean well for the club and isn't just trying to make a quick buck, but he sure as hell hasn't gone about the whole business very well.

I to hope Llambias and wise go out, and hopefully we can get just 1 person in replacement, a good chairman/director who knows his football and how a club works

Even if he doesn't go who can honestly see this being sorted in the long run? Short of an Abu Dhabi takeover.

No bother. If you need any more advice in amongst all the weeping and wailing that's going on then just let me know

How has this thread only had 3,300 views?

This is due to being merged with other Keegan threads to tidy the place up because people keep starting threads that don't particularly deviate from the subject of this one.

In reality this thread will have about thirty to forty thousand views.

No bother. If you need any more advice in amongst all the weeping and wailing that's going on then just let me know

Tbf, I think the fans have a right to be upset.

From BBC....

The club are 11th in the Premier League having picked up just four points from their opening three games.

Lazy fucking journalism... no mention that two of those games have been Arsenal & Man Utd away..... :D

What a difference 24 hours makes.... I wish they'd make up their minds :lol:

The Magpies currently lie 11th in the table after a positive start to the new campaign.

After drawing 1-1 with Manchester United, they beat Bolton 1-0 before losing to Arsenal 3-0.

Thats just it. I cannot see any way KK can continue as manager. But if that happens I cannot see Ashley staying around much longer what with the backlash he will get...

Its a fucking shambles..

I think all depends on what has actually gone on - something nobody knows tbh. Is it a rift between Ashley and Keegan? Then it depends how deep is it. Is it a rift between Keegan and the likes of Labiarse and/or Wise etc. then it will depend where Ashley places his loyality. Was it about players signed, sold or both of it? Was it about finances in general?

Knowing Keegan it could easily have been a storm in a teacup that just went out of hand within a short periode of time. As I said, if the main persons settle down the fans will too, especially if things go well on the pitch...

The Keegan. I like it.

I agree - the statement by the club made it clear Ashley is still in it for the long term, and I honestly think he does mean well for the club and isn't just trying to make a quick buck, but he sure as hell hasn't gone about the whole business very well.

I to hope Llambias and wise go out, and hopefully we can get just 1 person in replacement, a good chairman/director who knows his football and how a club works

Llamblias and wise out and mort back in!

Move jiminez to chief scout in charge of all other scouts and there assignments and he and only he should report to KK with suggestions, of which KK decideds who he likes and dislikes. He then would present his own wishlist consisting of the players good enough fromt he scouts and his own choices too.

Too me thats how the recruitment side should work.

Mort, he was real, down to earth and communicated well with us, we seen a direction when he was upstairs. We need him back!

Llamblias?? Cock

From BBC....

The club are 11th in the Premier League having picked up just four points from their opening three games.

Lazy fucking journalism... no mention that two of those games have been Arsenal & Man Utd away..... :D

What a difference 24 hours makes.... I wish they'd make up their minds :lol:

The Magpies currently lie 11th in the table after a positive start to the new campaign.

After drawing 1-1 with Manchester United, they beat Bolton 1-0 before losing to Arsenal 3-0.

assholes they are

I can't see Mort coming back. His role was only short-term. On top of that he knows nothing about football so that's not exactly how I view my ideal chairman. Also, I think people are just viewing his time in charge with rose-tinted specs because of what has happened over the last few days and yesterday in particular. It's also wishful thinking to expect him to be able to patch this up imo.

Of course they do but no-one knows what's happened and people are just making stuff up to lay the blame at somebodys door

Of course they do but no-one knows what's happened and people are just making stuff up to lay the blame at somebodys door

You can see from the way the summers gone that KK hasn't had much say in whats gone on.

Keegan apparently walked or was sacked yesterday and then the club made an ambiguous statement which only muddied the waters. People are speculating as to what has happened on a NUFC messageboard. What else would you expect exactly? Apart from which you're actually speculating an agreement could be reached.

If it's annoying you, log off for a while.

You can see from the way the summers gone that KK hasn't had much say in whats gone on.

Agreed but who's that down to? Nobody knows for sure. I hate Wise but I'm still none the wiser if he's actually at fault. The biggest shame for me is that I like the new scouting structure and would be happy to see Barton and Smith moved on but not without KK's permission. 100k a week wages and 11.8m transfer fee for those two wasters

I can't see Mort coming back. His role was only short-term. On top of that he knows nothing about football so that's not exactly how I view my ideal chairman. Also, I think people are just viewing his time in charge with rose-tinted specs because of what has happened over the last few days and yesterday in particular. It's also wishful thinking to expect him to be able to patch this up imo.

Bobby Robson for chairman.

Arthur Cox for DOF.

:lol:

Keegan apparently walked or was sacked yesterday and then the club made an ambiguous statement which only muddied the waters. People are speculating as to what has happened on a NUFC messageboard. What else would you expect exactly? Apart from which you're actually speculating an agreement could be reached.

If it's annoying you, log off for a while.

It isn't annoying me you baldy prick, you are :lol:

Agreed but who's that down to? Nobody knows for sure. I hate Wise but I'm still none the wiser if he's actually at fault. The biggest shame for me is that I like the new scouting structure and would be happy to see Barton and Smith moved on but not without KK's permission. 100k a week wages and 11.8m transfer fee for those two wasters

If you believe the stories the club are intent on giving the fans what they want (Smith & Barton out) while Keegan is hindering that....and Keegan gets all the fans support.

:D

:lol:

Nothing they can do will make me believe Kev's at fault. Ashley can fuck off if he thinks it's possible - they need to back down and sharpish.

Back down on what exactly? The Transfer window is closed. No-one's been sold that he wanted to keep, not since he said it was his choice to sell Milner anyway.

Keegan has happily gone along with the set-up for 8 months

They're the ones that made this mess, they need to fix it. If they made promises to Keegan and haven't followed through with them then had the cheek to call his bluff when he's blown up about it then they need to back down and admit they were wrong. I don't see Kev returning though because it'd always be underlying now and the press would never leave it alone, Kev couldn't work with Fat Ashley and Wise. IF, and it's a big if, Ashley was going to try and sort it out he'd need to dismiss Wise as a gesture that Keegan isn't being undermined.

Aye. It's all if's.

The only thing we know is Keegan hasn't been sacked and his most recent comments have been about how happy he was with player acquisitions and departures up until Saturday.

I don't know if Keegan's been misled, but he's been lying to the fans one way or another.

I don't understand, are you supporting Ashley in all this? :lol:

It's a time to come together people. :D

Knowing Keegan it could easily have been a storm in a teacup that just went out of hand within a short periode of time. As I said, if the main persons settle down the fans will too, especially if things go well on the pitch...

That's a bit of a myth with Keegan IMO, the media and other fans like to paint him as some prima donna that is on a hair trigger for storming off.

But in reality he's only ever left anything when there's been good reason (people have repeatedly broken promises to him, or he's believed he can't do the job).

All I can see with this (whether he was sacked, walked or a bit of both) is a lot of small things and then a few bigger things on the last day that just went too far (maybe being made worse by having to deal with the monkey rather than the organ grinder).

Nothing they can do will make me believe Kev's at fault. Ashley can fuck off if he thinks it's possible - they need to back down and sharpish.

Back down on what exactly? The Transfer window is closed. No-one's been sold that he wanted to keep, not since he said it was his choice to sell Milner anyway.

Keegan has happily gone along with the set-up for 8 months

They're the ones that made this mess, they need to fix it. If they made promises to Keegan and haven't followed through with them then had the cheek to call his bluff when he's blown up about it then they need to back down and admit they were wrong. I don't see Kev returning though because it'd always be underlying now and the press would never leave it alone, Kev couldn't work with Fat Ashley and Wise. IF, and it's a big if, Ashley was going to try and sort it out he'd need to dismiss Wise as a gesture that Keegan isn't being undermined.

Aye. It's all if's.

The only thing we know is Keegan hasn't been sacked and his most recent comments have been about how happy he was with player acquisitions and departures up until Saturday.

I don't know if Keegan's been misled, but he's been lying to the fans one way or another.

I don't understand, are you supporting Ashley in all this? :lol:

It's a time to come together people. :D

I can see you goose stepping down the Champs-Élysées back in '41 "Come on people, just go along with it".

KK will not come back.

He will sue the club, but pending such an action he won't be able to talk to us.

As time passes, people will start to question KK cause they don't want to worry their little heads with real issues and it's

the easiest option.

Ashley will introduce a new manager who we can get behind or will have serious pull (he will then be out of the shit).

We will spend a little more in Jan than than Ashley really wanted to.

The club will continue to be rationalized behind the scenes.

Ashley will sell the club and it will be an after dinner butt of jokes for him and his hangers on.

It will just be pot luck who the new owners are.

Edited by Park Life