XP to Vista File-Sharing

Besty

I've got a few files shared on my XP computer which I want to copy over to the laptop which is on Vista but when you go to 'Network' on Vista it only lets you open the shared files in Windows Media Player.

Is there anyway I could just share the files like you do on XP to another XP computer where you can just copy the folders over, etc?

I've got a few files shared on my XP computer which I want to copy over to the laptop which is on Vista but when you go to 'Network' on Vista it only lets you open the shared files in Windows Media Player.

Is there anyway I could just share the files like you do on XP to another XP computer where you can just copy the folders over, etc?

Memory stick, perhaps?

Edited by Attain

Memory stick, perhaps?

Yeah probably the best idea, was just wondering though, would be helpful. :huh:

1. Make sure the machines have different names and both are shown as being part of the WORKGROUP network (I believe XP uses MS_HOME as its group by default).

2. Ensure that all accounts on the Vista machine have passwords, theres talk that if any vista account doesnt have a password then file sharing is disabled, not sure how true that is.

3. Allegedly Norton causes big problems with XP filesharing as well.

however I do believe that if you have the same username and password set up on both PCs then you can network a lot easier.