Why is it that

LeazesMag

It is true about Fergie and his results. Even on the few occasions he's sold a player for petulent reasons (and he has done it more than once) he can sit back and say look at the trophies i won you after making that decision, at which point the fans won't give a toss who he got rid of or why.

Fergie replaced Stam with Rio.

Souey replaced Bellamy with Owen.

Results count, yes...and since Owen has came we've been unbeaten in 4. Let's see how long it can go on for.

44717[/snapback]

Boring to have to say it again but Souness is replacing the sooon to retire Shearer with Owen and i totally agree with him on that decision, currently he hasn't replaced Bellamy (and Kluivert for that matter) and will have to replace Bellamy in January.

Results count, yes...and since Owen has came we've been unbeaten in 4. Let's see how long it can go on for.

44717[/snapback]

Boring to have to say it again but Souness is replacing the sooon to retire Shearer with Owen and i totally agree with him on that decision, currently he hasn't replaced Bellamy (and Kluivert for that matter) and will have to replace Bellamy in January.

44917[/snapback]

....... just beat me to it

Add that he won't replace him adequately for 4.5m quid either ....

Then he has to match the results of Bobby Robson, 50m + later

owen at the moment is the eplacement for bellamy,we'll see if a replacement for shearer comes,...as for "results results results"etc,good job man u didnt take that on board and got rid of ferguson eh ?

45001[/snapback]

hmmmm you are referring to his first few years at manu ..

A manager who wins a european trophy and smashes the 2 man league in Scotland is most definitly worth giving time ....... rather than a man who leaves most of his clubs on the slide

The point is the money Owen cost is the Shearer replacement money..whereas the Bellamy replacement money is only 4.5 m quid........who do you think we will get for 4.5m quid.....as spending more is money wasted due to fuckwit and his ego which is what some of us have been saying for a while now .....

owen at the moment is the eplacement for bellamy,we'll see if a replacement for shearer comes,...as for "results results results"etc,good job man u didnt take that on board and got rid of ferguson eh ?

45001[/snapback]

Its a myth that Ferguson didn't do well at ManU from the off, it really is. It took him about 4 years to actually win something, but iirc he got them to 2nd in the league in their second year. Not too shabby considering the mess they were in when he inherited them (this topic has been debated before).

Anyway, I still find it utterly laughable that anyone can look at Ferguson's record and seriously try and draw any comparison with Souness. Seriously, even Alistair Campbell wouldn't try and get away with that much spin. :)

45001[/snapback]

A manager who wins a european trophy and smashes the 2 man league in Scotland is most definitly worth giving time ....... rather than a man who leaves most of his clubs on the slide

The point is the money Owen cost is the Shearer replacement money..whereas the Bellamy replacement money is only 4.5 m quid........who do you think we will get for 4.5m quid.....as spending more is money wasted due to fuckwit and his ego which is what some of us have been saying for a while now .....

45002[/snapback]

come on LM.no doubt a few months ago you were laughing off getting owen,before that any attempt at rooney. OK then i'll go for it,i reckon we'll spend more than £4.5MILL on forward come jan or next summer.

45001[/snapback]

45002[/snapback]

come on LM.no doubt a few months ago you were laughing off getting owen,before that any attempt at rooney. OK then i'll go for it,i reckon we'll spend more than £4.5MILL on forward come jan or next summer.

45008[/snapback]

we more than likely will mate. But the point is, how much, and will he be as good ?

Will the end result be an inferior replacement, for more money, leaving more money spent overall, for a worse league position. If this is the eventual scenario even those who are still supporting fuckwit cannot possibly say he has been anything but a failure.

With all the wishful thinking in the world, Souness isn't going to suddenly turn into Alex Ferguson any more than Ameobi is going to turn into Alan Shearer.

I wasn't laughing at an attempt at buying Rooney, I thought the club may have done it because I believe when it comes to spending money, Shepherd delivers the goods, he always has, I was just worried as to how they would get it and put it together. Like now and the recent spending spree [ie being overcharged for some players] to bail fuckwit out

Edited by LeazesMag

45001[/snapback]

Its a myth that Ferguson didn't do well at ManU from the off, it really is. It took him about 4 years to actually win something, but iirc he got them to 2nd in the league in their second year. Not too shabby considering the mess they were in when he inherited them (this topic has been debated before).

Anyway, I still find it utterly laughable that anyone can look at Ferguson's record and seriously try and draw any comparison with Souness. Seriously, even Alistair Campbell wouldn't try and get away with that much spin. :)

45004[/snapback]

Exactly, and if mufc-allover came on and took the piss for it, I for one wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

Anyway..where is he ?

44717[/snapback]

44917[/snapback]

So what are you saying? Our tactics are now that Shearer feeds off Owen's flick-ons are they? Souness really does need shot. :yes Bellamy was the number 10 striker, so is Owen. I think you'll find someone like Anelka or Kuyt will be the Shearer replacement...NOT Owen.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

44717[/snapback]

44917[/snapback]

So what are you saying? Our tactics are now that Shearer feeds off Owen's flick-ons are they? Souness really does need shot. :yes Bellamy was the number 10 striker, so is Owen. I think you'll find someone like Anelka or Kuyt will be the Shearer replacement...NOT Owen.

46142[/snapback]

Shearer was the number one striker, Owen will be.

Shearer was the number one player responsible for scoring goals, Owen will be

Shearer had the worldwide reputation, Owen does

Shearer was a proven scorer at EVERY level consistently, Owen is

The team relied heavilly on Shearer, they will/do now on Owen

Shearer was a massive signing finacially and to lift the club, so is Owen

I could go on alot longer but if you can't understand the fact Owen is Shearers replacement because they are different types of player you will never get it. Bellamy's replacement doesn't have to be lightning fast and Welsh, Shearer's replacement doesn't have to be a big tough geordie.

And add in the fact that Shephered said Owen is Al's replacement, Souness said it, Shearer said it and OWen acknowledged it as well as he knew he was retiring.

So what are you saying? Our tactics are now that Shearer feeds off Owen's flick-ons are they? Souness really does need shot.  :yes Bellamy was the number 10 striker, so is Owen. I think you'll find someone like Anelka or Kuyt will be the Shearer replacement...NOT Owen.

46142[/snapback]

sorry mate, I realise you are trying to justify the sale of Bellamy and defend Souness by saying he's been replaced by Owen, but he hasn't.

At the end of the day, if it cost us another 10m quid to partner Owen next summer :

1. There is no guarantee he will be as good as the player fuckwit sold

2. You are then looking at the sum of 26m quid to replace Shearer and Bellamy and build a new striking partnership, when it could have been done for 16m [or 20m if you take Bellamys fee into consideration] - thats a lot of money, we could have bought a top player for another position with that 6m quid, thus lessening the opportunity of fuckwit to complain about injuries weakening his small squad, which is entirely his own doing.