Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Cayman Islands, which is the Caribbean. I'm pretty sure its him but I'm in meetings and cant get out the bloody office. Cracker of a wife (for her age) if it is him..

and yep, I post on forums so that I look busy during meetings ;)

Edited by scoobos

The mail reckons old ginger quiff gave the players 72 hours off before games, and they players fucked off at lunch. If that's true it's no wonder the team look so shit.

Was definitely a lack of respect between the players and staff but it's worth mentioning that Craig Hope from the mail hates McClaren

Cayman Islands, which is the Caribbean. I'm pretty sure its him but I'm in meetings and cant get out the bloody office. Cracker of a wife (for her age) if it is him..

and yep, I post on forums so that I look busy during meetings ;)

*Mrs.Shearer, browsing the forum back home in Ponteland...

"Alaaaaaaaaaan!!"

• 3 months later...

What's bad about McClaren?

I think he has a personality that might conflict with some players. I think as a bloke he's a prat and can see players thinking that too. Especially if he rolls into a club like billy big bollocks. He's had 3 jobs where he's not lasted 25 games. Awful starts with a new manager are a sign that the players just don't want to play for him. See Clough at Leeds. The players just wouldn't show up for him from the get go.

He had short shitty spells like that at Forest and Wolffsburg and England. But anywhere else his record is very decent. Also when fans have disapproved, he has resigned.

Suggests that if he is going to fuck up, at least he'll have the decency to do it from the start and move quickly on his way, unlike Pardew, clinging on without shame.

I was right about his shit start. Wrong that he'd do the decent thing.

What I like about McClaren is that he only got one thread on here in his entire time, and even this thread wasn't started to respect his appointment in 2015 but in 2008 because he did a shite impression of Harry Enfield's Dutch coppers.

Fucking naysayers. This is the final piece of the jigsaw. It's all good. Upwards and onwards.

Get aboard the positive train. (Yes its pub night )

But ffs, this is the real deal.

:CT:

CT: "People on this board, join hands, join my love train, genius train."

Mrs CT to daughter: "Get your dad off the dance floor, two pints and he's rocking. It's only half eight, the pubs empty and he's still got tomato sauce on his cheek."

• 2 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37318373

Steve McClaren: Former England manager turned student wants to run a club

Former England and Newcastle United boss Steve McClaren says he eventually wants to run his own football club.

The 55-year-old Englishman, who was sacked by Newcastle in March, says he still has ambitions as a manager.

But he has recently enrolled at Manchester Metropolitan University in order to gain a Masters degree in Sporting Directorship.

"The next step in the future will be as a chief executive or sporting director, or even running my own club," he said.

"To do that I had to acquire different skills and go back to school. It's probably old age. I always wanted to coach and manage. I know that won't last forever."

McClaren managed England from August 2006 to November 2007 and also had spells in charge of Middlesbrough, Derby County, Nottingham Forest, German side Wolfsburg and Dutch club FC Twente.

"I still have a few years left in me yet on the field," he told BBC Sport.

"I have had offers from abroad, but nothing that appeals. I don't want to go to China. I feel I have something to offer here. If not here, then in Europe."

The two-year part-time course, the first of its kind in the United Kingdom, counts former England cricketer Ashley Giles among its alumni.

McClaren is in the third intake of students, a group that includes:

• Kevin Davies, a former footballer with England, Chesterfield, Southampton, Blackburn, Bolton and Preston;
  • Mark Cueto, a former rugby union player with England and Sale Sharks;
  • Karen Bardsley, the England and Manchester City Women goalkeeper;
  • Gary Bowyer, the manager of League Two football club Blackpool;
  • Mike Rush, the chief executive of top rugby league club St Helens.

Former Manchester United and Everton assistant manager Steve Round, another current student, was recently appointed technical director at Aston Villa.

'I was the right man at the wrong time'

McClaren has suggested that his spell with Newcastle came at the wrong time.

He was sacked after nine months in charge at St James' Park, winning six of 28 Premier League games.

Newcastle appointed former Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid boss Rafa Benitez as his successor, but suffered relegation to the Championship.

McClaren believes the club have now restructured well under the Spaniard.

"Run correctly and righty, as a football club it will thrive," said McClaren. "Unfortunately, I was the right man at the wrong time.

"What Rafa has done is gone in and gained control. It needed a big change.

"He has bought players with Championship experience, leaders in the dressing room, which was something that was badly needed."

:lol::jesuswept:

• 2 months later...

Has anyone ever had a record as mixed as his? I know he started well at Derby last time before fading off, but we didn't even get a one game bounce last season...

I'd be hard pressed putting anyone below him during the Ashley era overall (caretakers aside).

Edited by rogerbarton