Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

The p.s. is less polite, mentions gutless french cunts and thumb headed moneymen with no idea about running a football club.

Yeah that's a fair statement. A dignified response. Doesn't make me think he's a decent manager but at least it's ended with a modicum of professionalism on his side, which has been lacking on ours.

Well, it's all over now, and McClaren has to live with the fact he's the worst permanent NUFC manager in living history.

It's funny, I was wiling to give him a chance for a lot longer than I probably should have. I thought the style of football he was trying to impress on the players was encouraging in (some) home games. We just kept waiting for it to click. And waiting. And waiting.

He had a number of opportunities to press on and it never happened. You make your own luck and all that. Goes down as a worse appointment than Pardew in my book. Sorry.

Well, it's all over now, and McClaren has to live with the fact he's the worst permanent NUFC manager in living history.

It's funny, I was wiling to give him a chance for a lot longer than I probably should have. I thought the style of football he was trying to impress on the players was encouraging in (some) home games. We just kept waiting for it to click. And waiting. And waiting.

He had a number of opportunities to press on and it never happened. You make your own luck and all that. Goes down as a worse appointment than Pardew in my book. Sorry.

yeah, i agree with that assessment. the football looked better, in patches, than it had for a while. i was quite patient with him and hoped he would come good. there were glimpses he might, but you can't be too surprised to be sacked when you're second bottom in march.

Yeah he had to go after Bournemouth (and Rivière-gate), if not sooner, but I do think he had bad luck with things going against him. The horrendous run of fixtures at the start which snowballed with the underlying lack of confidence in the squad.

Could have made a decent mid-table side who played attractive football.

Yup, and that would have given Benitez 18 days in La Manga to prepare for 2 winnable games before this one and 12 games in total to get us to safety. 4 points from those two would have had us on 28pts, 3pts clear of sunderland.

He should have gone after Chelsea. He was so far out of his depth after that result. The performances preceding and after compounded that fact.

Got a horrible feeling,this is what we are going to be saying in May

Yup, and that would have given Benitez 18 days in La Manga to prepare for 2 winnable games before this one and 12 games in total to get us to safety. 4 points from those two would have had us on 28pts, 3pts clear of sunderland.

Yup! If Benitez was in charge for both those games I think we'd have had a guaranteed 3 points against Bournemouth at least and I think if we go down then it's that 2 game period we'll be looking at come May.

As much as I backed McClaren, it was the belief that people like Rafa were way out of our league.

With Rafa being interested, they should have moved McClaren within 5 minutes of the call.

Yup! If Benitez was in charge for both those games I think we'd have had a guaranteed 3 points against Bournemouth at least and I think if we go down then it's that 2 game period we'll be looking at come May.

We would have been 2-4 points better off from those two games imo. The bloke is all positioning and putting the team through drills so 18 days of that and we would have seen a much improved side. I fear it's too late now.

There's a quote kicking around today where he says they've had Mitro doing finishing training, it wouldn't shock me if this is the first time he's done that sort of training since he got here.

We would have been 2-4 points better off from those two games imo. The bloke is all positioning and putting the team through drills so 18 days of that and we would have seen a much improved side. I fear it's too late now.

There's a quote kicking around today where he says they've had Mitro doing finishing training, it wouldn't shock me if this is the first time he's done that sort of training since he got here.

I've a daydream that the lunches that Rafa is apparently to have with Shearer is about convincing Large Alan to help our strikers with finishing training.