Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

You've touched on arguably the biggest issue there, Fish. The short-termism endemic within the club and the inability to see the bigger picture.

You've touched on arguably the biggest issue there, Fish. The short-termism endemic within the club and the inability to see the bigger picture.

That's why I've never been put out by the idea of employing a Director of Football. It make sense to me to have someone in a position to guide the club towards a long term goal, who isn't bogged down in the day-to-day horseshittery. Who looks 1, 3 or 10 years down the line. Who holds back the spending in this summer because we're going to spend more on the youth team, who replaces a popular manager because to get to the next level will require a different animal, who fires an under-performing manager because this shit just won't fly.

Obviously the *right* person will be rare.

SBR would have been perfect, if he could have stomached being separated from the stuff he seemed to really love.

:lol: Wearing his Everlast ski jacket.

I can't understand Ashley delegating this btw. Or completely delegating it. It's probably the most important decision in the recent history of the club

:lol: The fact he got it for free ensured there was no decision on which coat to buy so it was a fantastic afternoon for Lee.

Oh aye it's completely mental, hundreds of millions on the line and he's willing to put the decision in the hands of Lee Charnley, Bob Moncur and Alan Carr's dad? that's some crack team he has on the case. For a bloke that is quite well known for decisive and cut throat action he is surprisingly fine with complete inaction at one of his fairly substantial assets.

So there's a good few successes in there for Wor Graham, :good:;)

The second para is key for me; I do believe the right manager and the right progression on the pitch could persuade players like Cabaye to stay until the end of the season, or whatever. So, say we've finished 5th, Cabaye wants off to PSG in the January window. Keep him until you've replaced him with Shelvey or Payet or whomever and fine. What you don't do is sell him without a replacement and then, instead of addressing the team's weakness, buy lads for positions that aren't as vital.

I'm sure it's been posted before, but the team Newcastle could have had if we'd kept a hold of the players we've bought... it's ridiculous! And we wouldn't have needed to splash north of £70m in the last couple of windows to try and survive either.

If we'd invested after finishing fifth instead of only bringing in dross like Anita, we'd have been in a much better position to keep cabaye, Ba and Debuchy (further down the line).

The biggest mistakes have obviously been made at the highest level.

:lol: How fucking shit is Anita btw, 8m for a bloke of very similar ability to a shitter like Colback no wonder Cabaye thought fuck this place after driving the team to 5th place.

If we'd invested after finishing fifth instead of only bringing in dross like Anita, we'd have been in a much better position to keep cabaye, Ba and Debuchy (further down the line).

The biggest mistakes have obviously been made at the highest level.

Definitely.

Also, Pardew was on buttons at that time and hadn't yet had his contract extended, right?

Well that was the time to get the next level of boss in (or maybe a couple of levels, given how piss poor Pardew is), that in itself could have been enough to convince that lot to hang around, add a few bodies and fatten out the squad for the Euros and there you have it, the core of a top club for the foreseeable.

Pochettino was available then, right?

:suicide:

:lol: How fucking shit is Anita btw, 8m for a bloke of very similar ability to a shitter like Colback no wonder Cabaye thought fuck this place after driving the team to 5th place.

He's needs some Lipo done also, without doubt the fattest arse in the Prem (Even bigger than Ivanovic's).

Awful player. I bet there's kids in our hopeless reserves who could do just as much as he does.

He's needs some Lipo done also, without doubt the fattest arse in the Prem (Even bigger than Ivanovic's).

:lol: Aye it's well out of proportion, Large shorts, Kids large top.

Awful player. I bet there's kids in our hopeless reserves who could do just as much as he does.

I used to always say similar but the howkings the youth team endures on a weekly basis make me doubt that thought, it seems Paul Dummett is the best the academy has had to offer in 5 years.

Ben Arfa would've given him a run for his money. Well more of a waddle.

:lol: Aye it's well out of proportion, Large shorts, Kids large top.

I used to always say similar but the howkings the youth team endures on a weekly basis make me doubt that thought, it seems Paul Dummett is the best the academy has had to offer in 5 years.

I know what you're saying but I actually think it's because our kids these days are being trained to be clones of Anita. Players who are tidy on the ball and pass it about from side to side. I was at a function with Frank Stapleton a few weeks ago and he said that was a reason why there was so few home grown players coming though these days. They are taught to just keep possession and avoid being any sort or maverick who actually do something special. Clearly we are poor even within that framework mind.

Oh aye it definitely comes down to coaching, it's impossible that the North East suddenly has no one capable of becoming a Premier League player. We've got total morons as coaches, I can only imagine what the youth coaches are paid when you look at how underpaid the first team coaches are compared to other clubs, so you get what you pay for really.

Anita is very poor like. being stuck with having him and Colback as our centre midfield, plus a very weak left side, was one of the main reasons I was willing to give Mclaren the benefit of the doubt until relatively recently. With that centre mid we were never going to dominate even the weakest teams. Neither of them give any sort of impetus, invention, dynamism or aggression to the centre of the park, where you need it most. With Shelvey coming in and playing like he did against west Ham I thought here we go, season starts now, but it just hasn't happened.

I just don't think you can expect anyone signed in January short of a world class player to give immediate impact like that in a new club. It's no fuckin good buying a handful of players at the tail end of a massive downward spiral and then saying "well its 12 weeks later and we haven't done better, must be the manager's fault (who isn't even a fuckin manager) - instead of the clubs fault top to bottom.

I kicked off at the 80 mil is a load of money stuff to much flaming - but lets use say, spurs they spent 48 mil since September on mainly squad players and it looks like they've spent steadily over years - we throw 80 mil in 2 windows at (some) players we don't even fucking need. We need defenders, strikers not more saleable midfield prospects. That said the quality of our signings these 2 windows has been a little better at least.

Edited by scoobos

The fact they keep banging on about Benitez makes me doubt their claim he is going to meet Charnley, he's probably off to put his feet up have a cup of Yorkshire tea then practice his Dutch accent.

I just cannot think why Benitez would want to join NUFC? It is also so far out of the managers they have appointed in the past I wouldn't be surprised if Charnley and Ashley were unaware of who Benitez is.

I genuinely hope that Ryder was next to the fence with the photographer (which I hope was cock-eyed Mala), I imagine him dressed head to toe in camo he bought from the surplus store hoping to get the 'exclusive' that Steve McClaren has OFFICIALLY left the training ground despite everyone else knowing that it was a fucking given because he leaves the training ground at some point every day.

Edited by Howay

I doubt we will hear anything until tomorrow about this shambles now anyways.

"Steve and I had a discussion and he convinced me that he still has a plan to get us fighting back higher up the table, I want to thank the fans for their patience while we underwent this decision and I look forward to getting behind Steve as he leads the club on to bigger and better things."