Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Brendan Rodgers according to rumours this morning

Is Brendan Rodgers a good manager?

I genuinely can't decide, he seems like a total arse either way mind you...

LB aside we look like we now have reasonable choices for all first team positions, certainly more than enough to get us out of trouble. Time now for McClaren to do his stuff. Anything below 16th will have been a disaster of a debut season.

We're still 3rd favourite to go down. I'd take 16th

Who have we signed that has provided this boost of confidence? We've got the players that have got us here and a couple of additions that no one was very keen on.

We didn't get the proven premiership striker Berahino, Remy, Gomis (I know) we've got Doumbia for the rest of the season let's hope he can knock them in starting tomorrow night. We can't afford to mess about we need to start winning games.

Who have we signed that has provided this boost of confidence? We've got the players that have got us here and a couple of additions that no one was very keen on.

shelvery and townsend will hopefully be good signings. remains to be seen about the other two. i think we're at least two signings short of what we needed

Agree with Gemmill, where's the old favourite saying of the pundits' gone? - "Players need a season to gel in a team" - got pretty irratating how much they used it, but it does hold some truth.

Who've we signed to give such confidence?

I see a foreign striker on loan (not purchased) who may or may not do well

Andros who's played what? Less than 5 premiership games in a year (that's not a fact, its just my guess)

Shelvey - out of favour at Swansea and not technically strong either.

Even if we'd bought 3 first team regular premiership players, expecting an immediate impact that the manager is fully accountable - for me, is a bit manic. Just look at teams like Man U and Arsenal etc - it takes months for new players to adapt.

Edit : - ok on re-read that's a bit whingy -> what I'm over the moon with in this window is Perez signing a new contract. This lad , if he can stay with Mitro and Gini has amazing potential. (in fact, I think he's already very handy as a number 10 or wide forward)

Edited by scoobos

From McClarens press conference today

"Seydou Doumbia is ‘touch and go’ for the Everton game. Newcastle are still waiting to hear about his visa. He’ll definitely be eligible for Saturday.Saido Berahino bid showed Newcastle’s “ambition”, according to McClaren. It would have been a “bonus” if it’d have come off.McClaren “delighted” with January. Says there’s a spring in the step of the players.Jack Colback is ‘close’ to being fit. Paul Dummett’s fine. Kevin Mbabu and Massiado Haidara are a month away from fitness.Andros Townsend will feature at some point at Goodison Park, probably from the start.McClaren now believes NUFC have a “very good squad”.

shelvery and townsend will hopefully be good signings. remains to be seen about the other two. i think we're at least two signings short of what we needed

Two sandwiches short of a picnic. The mackems must be gutted however.

how does not signing berahino show our ambition? :lol:

i think signing this kid with no PL experience from Roma is a better indication of our ambition.

Aye, it's like arguing that stalking Beyonce (or Denise Welsh) is showing ambition

Edited by Alex

It worries me that we still don't seem to have any sort of tactic. We just sort of meander about games without any real direction, of course doing stuff like setting up to whip balls in from the wings and then playing Perez as lone striker don't help that. The team looks lost and by this point it should have at least a direction, he has had long enough to put his stamp on the side. Again though I'm not sure what else we could have expected appointing a bloke who got the sack from Derby County.

We're back here again though aren't we. I can't buy into getting rid of him, because we're just going to get worse. he's the pinnacle of who will work under Ashley. That said, today's setup, strategy and attitude absolutely baffle me.

We're back here again though aren't we. I can't buy into getting rid of him, because we're just going to get worse. he's the pinnacle of who will work under Ashley. That said, today's setup, strategy and attitude absolutely baffle me.

Thats it. Who would we bring it. But we need something because this is a one way ticket to the Championship at the moment. He is tactically inept. I couldnt give a shit how calm he is etc with all this like the commentators were saying. These cockwombles need a fucking rocket up their arses. Sissoko was utter gash tonight now the window is shut.

They need to fucking pull their fingers out.