Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

It's pretty abject but if they sack him it has to be now, not later on in the season. Either they use this window to give McClaren a chance to save himself, or they get shot now and give someone else the opportunity to have their desired players ignored in favour of cheap French imports. It's only fair.

For my two cents I don't think sacking him will change anything really. He's clearly capable of putting a decent team together, and he's inherited an absolute shitshow here, but at the same time he's clearly not about to bring about any positive change on his own. But then, who could? Probably no one, because the growing reality is that it's the players who are not bothering themselves, as we see every time they go up against a team worth playing up to.

I also don't think relegation will change anything. I've pretty much given up, in truth.

There's stacks of things not in McClaren's control, but it's him persisting with the midfield joke shop.

Exactly. We all know Ashley is a prick and has fucked the club up massively, but he's not picking the team, he's not the one putting Dummett left back week after week, he's not the one playing our best player out of position, he's not the one playing 2 of the softest CM's in the Prem as our only 2 CM's, he's not the one setting teams out to defend first and attack second.

It's Pardew all over again only McLaren is way less smarmy.

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Exactly. We all know Ashley is a prick and has fucked the club up massively, but he's not picking the team, he's not the one putting Dummett left back week after week, he's not the one playing our best player out of position, he's not the one playing 2 of the softest CM's in the Prem as our only 2 CM's, he's not the one setting teams out to defend first and attack second.

It's Pardew all over again only McLaren is way less smarmy.

To be fair, he's got a cheekier grin than the King.

Kinda glad this doesnt even hurt anymore.

Questionable management playing the same team seeing how a few of them seemed to be so tired. Who knows how much the injuries had to do with them.

Squad wise, manager wise, tactics wise we're shite anyway so what does it matter. Deserving to go down based at the end of half the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Colback did nothing wrong at left back. Positionally he was fine and neat and tidy use of the ball. improvement on Dummet

I think Dummett did ok today and at times was fairly involved in the link up forward play. Nearly had his 2nd goal in two games as well.

I wouldn't say Colback was an improvement on Dummett. Neither of them is a left back but they both seem like decent lads trying their best. Dummett has looked a good prospect at centre half. Who knows, maybe this experience at left back will benefit him in the long run. Mclaren's doing a good job in my opinion.

Colback did nothing wrong at left back. Positionally he was fine and neat and tidy use of the ball. improvement on Dummet

Apart from when he lost possession by holding on to the ball for far too long as he was confused as he had nowhere to pass it back to?

Is Mbabu injured? Even though he's not really a left-back (did well there when he has been put in) I'd much rather give him a shot there than persist with shoehorning Colback into the team at all costs.

Apart from when he lost possession by holding on to the ball for far too long as he was confused as he had nowhere to pass it back to?

Aye, that was particularly shite. Their goal was atrocious.