Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

I'm still "optimistic" because I'm certain we'll sign a few players, we won't get relegated and McClaren is a dramatic improvement on Pardiola.

I'm more certain Garde will be our new manager

I'm more certain Garde will be our new manager

Is that more or less certain that we'll be playing in the 2015/16 Championship? :scratchchin:

I wish I was so certain, I was back in the day when we were promoted from the championship, but then he sacked Chris and its all been same old same old from there on in.

There is no hope imo, or any credible evidence to suggest optimism isn't just blind. Only an insane person sees the same actions and expects different results. But that's what being an optimistic toon fan requires nowadays, borderline insanity.

The thing I'm certain of, is that once Ashley dies or sells (probably not the latter) then things will get better and we might be a football club rather than a marketing business.

I think it's daft to say an expectation of mediocrity is optimistic.

Just need a few through the door and it will a moderately positive anticipation to the new season for some fans, many will need to see more than a few new faces laying out the cones, and an unpronounceable named midfielder before they rip their cocks off.

de-CTed your post.

Dave you know fine well your are almost as excitable as me. You just try and hide it to escape the ridicule ;)

You could feed a red bull to a puppy and throw him in a pen of hens and he wouldn't be as excitable as you, dear boy.

I'm expecting better coaching, and a few players in, that's not to say we're suddenly going to reverse half a decade of the Ashley effect. Lowered expectations, lower hope, lower mood, lower reputation in world football.

Depends what you compare it to or what your expectations are.

I've already had my best years I'll ever have during the Keegan years. Even an Arab buy out and millions pumped in wouldn't come close.

That doesn't mean I won't positively look forward to a new season.

I think the coaching set up will make a massive difference.

I think we'll see more from under performing players.

I think the young exciting players will be even better next season.

And I think we'll get new players in.

All makes for a quite exciting season in my book.

Hope and mood are whatever you want them to be and I couldn't give a flying fuck about our reputation in world football.

Social media has almost made it cool to moan and express your depression.

I'm sure it can't be healthy.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Depends what you compare it to or what your expectations are.

I've already had my best years I'll ever have during the Keegan years. Even an Arab buy out and millions pumped in wouldn't come close.

That doesn't mean I won't positively look forward to a new season.

I think the coaching set up will make a massive difference.

I think we'll see more from under performing players.

I think the young exciting players will be even better next season.

And I think we'll get new players in.

All makes for a quite exciting season in my book.

Hope and mood are whatever you want them to be and I couldn't give a flying fuck about our reputation in world football.

Social media has almost made it cool to moan and express your depression.

I'm sure it can't be healthy.

Alright Ryder?

The "squad" would have finished comfortably mid table had it not been for Pardews poor management and Carvers atrocious stewardship.

It therefore follows that a much improved coaching set up should achieve more with the same squad.

The "squad" would have finished comfortably mid table had it not been for Pardews poor management and Carvers atrocious stewardship.

It therefore follows that a much improved coaching set up should achieve more with the same squad.

I agree that Pardew, Carver et al were fucking terrible, but I'm not going to assume that good coaches can turn Mike Williamson into Bobby Moore.

We're some way off a good side, with or without a much improved coaching set up.

That's poor even by your standard CT.

That's poor even by your standard CT.

It's just plain logic.

Are you honestly trying to say that you think we would have finished exactly the same had McClaren and the new coaches been in charge at the beginning of last season?

It's just plain logic.

Are you honestly trying to say that you think we would have finished exactly the same had McClaren and the new coaches been in charge at the beginning of last season?

No I believe we are better off now. But to say we would have been comfortably mid table is ridiculous given the squad we had.

:lol:

Ex-nufc staff are like ex-wives to CT. He's licking their blit one day and calling them slags in a pissed up haze the next.

Poor response :lol:

You agree they are better coaches but couldn't have got another 9 points. Daft.

What do you mean 'only'? It's a massive margin at the top of the league, where teams average significantly more points per game, than it is to those near the bottom or those 'comfortably in mid-table'.

Daft indeed.

What do you mean 'only'? It's a massive margin at the top of the league, where teams average significantly more points per game, than it is to those near the bottom or those 'comfortably in mid-table'.

Daft indeed.

Rubbish. People can't have it both ways (except me).

Either Pardew and the carver were atrocious or they weren't. If you believe the current coaching set up is much better, then it follows they would have faired much better had they been there last year.

Last season, even under Carvers bit, featured the most consecutive run of losses in our history.

Completely daft to think the new lot at the very least wouldn't have managed a couple of extra wins and draws.