Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

They dont need the head coach on the Board, its basically a waste of time. He can attend any board meeting to discuss football matters, he doesnt need to be a director. A new dawn will be when they sign some decent players and have a go at having a season.

Charnley: " Right now we turn to agenda item 54. The proposition is downsizing toilet roll stocks by 25% to deliver savings estimated at 52 pounds a month"

Schteve: " Errr Lee can I go, I need to get the team ready for Saturday?"

Charnley: " No Steve this is important"

Moncur:" I agree with Lee!"

Schteve: "Well can we talk about buying some new players?"

Charnley" "No Steve if its not on the agenda we dont discuss it"

Moncur:"I agree with Lee!"

etc

The state of most of these comments, man...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32994477

:jesuswept:

They can say what they want about the club, the staff, and the owner but "Newcastle fans hounded out Alan Pardew, a great manager, they're all awful people" argument is as tiresome as ever. Not sure how people can be so ignorant about his failings, and what some fans did (if anything the only hounding was towards the 'board' to sack Pardew, not to get Pardew to walk, hence sackpardew.com not resignpardew.com).

Edited by Monroe Transfer

They can say what they want about the club, the staff, and the owner but "Newcastle fans hounded out Alan Pardew, a great manager, they're all awful people" argument is as tiresome as ever. Not sure how people can be so ignorant about his failings, and what some fans did (if anything the only hounding was towards the 'board' to sack Pardew, not to get Pardew to walk, hence sackpardew.com not resignpardew.com).

Your average football fan is ignorant, I wouldn't expect anything else. They wouldn't know about the repeated humpings and awful football, losing streaks and spawny wins, rlegation battles etc, it's just "but he took you to 5th in the league". It was the same with Allardyce and it's the same with our so-called "deluded" expectations. Best to ignore it tbh

Honestly they make me want to kick them in. Arseholes. We all know Pardew's reason for leaving, he's doubled his money at Palace and they are ran like a football club not a business.

As much as he comes across as another smug prick, let's just give him a chance and judge on results. At least there's been some sort of shake up at the club, I'll have more enthusiasm in August after we've signed some decent players hopefully.

As much as he comes across as another smug prick, let's just give him a chance and judge on results. At least there's been some sort of shake up at the club, I'll have more enthusiasm in August after we've signed some decent players hopefully.

I agree. Hopefully he extracted some kind of guarantee about buying decent players, otherwise he's going to struggle.

I have to say, he wasn't my first choice. Now he is our Manager and I am more than happy to give him the chance, hopefully he will be supported by the hierarchy with some decent players coming in over the summer. Maybe we will achieve something.

I have to say, he wasn't my first choice. Now he is our Manager and I am more than happy to give him the chance, hopefully he will be supported by the hierarchy with some decent players coming in over the summer. Maybe we will achieve something.

He gets my backing because he isn't a toadying knob.

Fucking naysayers. This is the final piece of the jigsaw. It's all good. Upwards and onwards.

Get aboard the positive train. (Yes its pub night )

But ffs, this is the real deal.

It's just a corner piece man.

He's a good coach and I think we'll definitely be more likely to enjoy saturdays. I do believe he'll give the cups a proper go. However, we're still going to scrimp & save, we're still going to limit our ambitions and we're still about 8 players off a side that can seriously compete for top 6-8.

We still need to sign a load of good players and we're still to see if McClaren can produce in the modern Premier League.

I'm not saying he won't, but I'm not getting carried away yet.

It's just a corner piece man.

He's a good coach and I think we'll definitely be more likely to enjoy saturdays. I do believe he'll give the cups a proper go. However, we're still going to scrimp & save, we're still going to limit our ambitions and we're still about 8 players off a side that can seriously compete for top 6-8.

We still need to sign a load of good players and we're still to see if McClaren can produce in the modern Premier League.

I'm not saying he won't, but I'm not getting carried away yet.

Proof in the pudding and all that but it's not just the arrival of the proposed 6 players, but also what more he can get out of current players.

Training them better, playing them in better formations with more nouse and motivating them as a team.

Will he be able to get the best out of Anita or get Sissoko playing to the standard he's shown glimpses of? Maybe even get Cisse back to his best. A lot of it is down to confidence for me and having 4 or 5 new first teamers will make a massive difference.

Quite happy to see the following in the starting 11

Krul

Janmaat

Sissoko Tiote de-Jong

Cisse

Add to that new signings and the best way to utilise Perez, Aaron's Anita etc and I think we will be a very strong side.

Proof in the pudding and all that but it's not just the arrival of the proposed 6 players, but also what more he can get out of current players.

Training them better, playing them in better formations with more nouse and motivating them as a team.

Will he be able to get the best out of Anita or get Sissoko playing to the standard he's shown glimpses of? Maybe even get Cisse back to his best. A lot of it is down to confidence for me and having 4 or 5 new first teamers will make a massive difference.

Krul

Janmaat

Sissoko Tiote de-Jong

Cisse

Add to that new signings and the best way to utilise Perez, Aaron's Anita etc and I think we will be a very strong side.

:CT:

Krul

Janmaat

Sissoko Tiote de-Jong

Cisse

We've already lost 2 squad players, likely to lose a few more before the window closes. I do believe we'll bring in a decent number of transfers, but we've a very small squad of players who're up to the rigours and requirements of the Premier League. And while I trust Carr to bring in more hits than a lot of Premier League clubs manage, we need 6-8 hits to seriously compete for a top half finish.

McClaren is a decent start but I don't think that appointing a decent coach is the "final piece of the jigsaw."