The Olympics

AbsolutKazakh

Just watching the end of the showjumping on the Beeb now. I realise it's a posh sport (and not really much of one at that), but it's hilarious hearing the BBC commentators pretending they're not willing the others to fail now that the British lass has racked up a clear round. :icon_lol:

I was watching that on the telly and wasn't sure it actually happened. Citius, altius, fortius. :icon_lol:

Quite a lot fail like that, it's strange as you'd think they'd all go for a safe weight first.

I wasn't talking about the weightlifting bit. :icon_lol:

Aye, but if she'd not failed so stupendously (which she wouldn't have done with a safe weight, not maybe Citius, Altius, Fortius though 302_person_lifting_weights.gif) she might have been paying more attention/crying less and not done it.

Although having said that it's fairly common for them to walk into things, probably due to all the dizziness/faintness that goes with the sport.

Just watched Michael Phelps in the 200m freestyle final, oh my god, how good is he ! Looks like Mark Spitz record might finally be broken.

I can't bear that name any longer. You have no idea what kind of media wankfest is going on over him over here. American commentary is always cringeworthy, not to mention that they don't even bother showing events Americans aren't in, but this Phelps furore has almost sent me over the edge, I was seriously considering hoying a marble coaster at the TV yesterday.

You dont reach Olympic greatness until you have a computer game named after you. More so if you have one that actually makes the keyboard melt during play (Decathlon on the rubber keyed Spectrum!)

You dont reach Olympic greatness until you have a computer game named after you. More so if you have one that actually makes the keyboard melt during play (Decathlon on the rubber keyed Spectrum!)

Me and my brother broke multiple joysticks on our C64 playing Daley Thompson. In the 80's playing computer games was a form of exercise in itself.

Me and my brother broke multiple joysticks on our C64 playing Daley Thompson. In the 80's playing computer games was a form of exercise in itself.

These days they just use computers to generate fake fireworks then pass them off as real ones in Olympic opening ceremonies. :icon_lol:

1. United States- 28 (10g, 8s, 10b)

2. China- 25 (17g, 3s, 5b)

3. S. Korea- 12 (5g, 6s, 1b)

4. Australia- 12 (4g, 2s, 6b,)

5. Russia- 12 (2g, 7s, 3b)

6. Italy- 10 (4g, 4s, 2b)

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

I am anticipating Aliya Yussupova. She is our best chance at a gold medal:

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

That tables wrong.

Shouldnt China be top? I see it as

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

Even then there are countries with Golds missing.

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

That tables wrong.

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

I was doing it by total medals. I just think it is strange to do it by gold medals.

So Phelps has won 5 gold medals so far all in world record times? I guess these new swimming suits are doing what all the experts thought they would loads of WR being smashed.

I wonder when they are going to end up having to legislated against stuff like that. Especially in swimming it's a big effect, probably nearly as big (with/without) as an athlete being on performance enhancing drugs.

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

That tables wrong.

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

I was doing it by total medals. I just think it is strange to do it by gold medals.

You think it's strange to do it on who has won the most events? Going against the Olympic motto there :icon_lol:

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

That tables wrong.

7. France- 9 ( 7s, 2b)

You think it's strange to do it on who has won the most events? Going against the Olympic motto there :icon_lol:

I'm close to mathematics...it just makes too much sense to do it by total accumulated. :icon_lol:

Phelps becomes the greatest ever Olympian.

Greatest ever Olympian in a sport where you can enter multiple related events, anyway.

I guess that's Carl Lewis, Mark Spitz, Nadia Comeneci and even Steve Redgrave discredited then,

No hopers that they are....