The Olympics

AbsolutKazakh

:lol:

And they've been making their gobs go about the Chinese athletes who have been allowed to compete after doping. 

I'm just happy that none of the boys and girls from jolly old blighty would ever involve themselves in any of this. We compete and we win through inherent superiority over other lesser nations. And then we get our tallywhackers right up all the fittest lasses in the Olympic village. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Kite sailing looks decent. 

CT has entered the chat.

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, Alex said:

I think it was Gothenburg at the world championships where Edwards  smashed the world triple jump record. Only to break it again about half an hour later. The pressure got to him at Atlanta and he ‘only’ won Olympic silver there the following year. He was so good he was still the best in the world 4 years later, winning at the Sydney Olympics. 
My uncle used to work for Gateshead council and would often use the gym at Gateshead Stadium. He bumped into Edwards there a lot. Apart from saying he was a genuinely lovely fella he also commented on how he could lift insane weights. Especially squats. More than all these blokes in there about twice his size. That’s part of the reason he was so good. Obviously he had great speed on the runway. He was technically brilliant too. The best description I can think of is someone saying most triple jumpers are like a bouncing ball but he was like a stone skimming over water. Maintaining the speed through all the stages. But his power to weight ratio too. He was slightly built compared to most triple jumpers 

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Triple jump was won last night with a jump of 17.44. Bronze medal didn't even get over 17m.

Edwards' WR stands at 18.29m and it's 29 years old this year. 

This made me look up how long Bob Beamon’s long jump record stood for… 23 years… and Ed Moses 400m hurdles run of wins… 9 years, 9 months and 9 days…broke his own world record numerous occasions during that time… this post is brought to you in association with Ron Pickering, David Vine and Stuart Storey ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, PaddockLad said:

This made me look up how long Bob Beamon’s long jump record stood for… 23 years… and Ed Moses 400m hurdles run of wins… 9 years, 9 months and 9 days…broke his own world record numerous occasions during that time… this post is brought to you in association with Ron Pickering, David Vine and Stuart Storey ☺️

Beamon’s was a mental jump. Albeit at altitude. Lynn Davies was actually one of the favourites, as reigning champion. Beamon’s jump, apart from adding more than half a metre to the world record was about 80 centimetres longer than Davies’ jump four years before. That’s absolutely insane. Ie 10% or thereabouts longer :lol: Beamon supposedly got close in training but never came near again in competition. But when you watch the footage he looks like he nearly jumps out the pit. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Beamon’s was a mental jump. Albeit at altitude. Lynn Davies was actually one of the favourites, as reigning champion. Beamon’s jump, apart from adding more than half a metre to the world record was about 80 centimetres longer than Davies’ jump four years before. That’s absolutely insane. Ie 10% or thereabouts longer :lol: Beamon supposedly got close in training but never came near again in competition. But when you watch the footage he looks like he nearly jumps out the pit. 

You’ve just quoted my old man on Beamon’s jump when they showed it at some point in the 80s “ He jist aboot leaped oot the pit!!” :D 

• Like 1

Fuck off Lyles. Comes out dick swinging. Has his arse handed to him and gets taken off in a wheel chair. 

That ADHD medication needs to be upped along with the asthma and all the other fucking shit you're on. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Oh apparently he's got Covid. But he's still beat 5 others and been in warm up mixing without a mask. 

I'm calling Bull shit. 

But not a word about Peaty when he said he had Covid?

People with Covid (but only if they’re black)

• Haha 3

GUSo9VoW4AAHvIE?format=jpg&name=large

No medal for her tonight, but at least she can go back to her day job of asking people to select all squares with traffic lights.

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But not a word about Peaty when he said he had Covid?

People with Covid (but only if they’re black)

Tbh I wasn't watching that 😂 

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Oh apparently he's got Covid. But he's still beat 5 others and been in warm up mixing without a mask. 

I'm calling Bull shit. 

Except he DID have a mask on!

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

No medal for her tonight, but at least she can go back to her day job of asking people to select all squares with traffic lights.

:lol:

Who dares mark all the bikes?  

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

'Press the square where the willy is'

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Surprised you didnt find a post I did 64 years ago about it 🙄

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Tbh I wasn't watching that 😂 

On 29/07/2024 at 07:25, wykikitoon said:

She was all emotional about Adam Peaty. You can just tell she's a canny lass who loves the sport

You really want me to catch you out on previous posts? ;) 

• Haha 3