The Olympics

AbsolutKazakh

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

Silver and a bronze. Another sport I am suddenly an expert on

Same. :lol:

It's an absolute fucking lottery right from the start where they dump you into the water from about 15 feet up. Being in the lead heading into the gates isn't even an advantage cos the next boat just smashes you out the way. Tremendous.

If you're the multiple world champion, 70% of that must just be a run of lucky landings off the starting drop. 

Was doing a training session on the bike at the local track and was chatting with Jonny Brownlee this aft.  He said he was chuffed to bits with the lad that replaced him in the relays but it still smarted him not being picked like.

name drop GIF by SAG Awards

• Haha 4

That ginger kid did well tbf. The two lasses both got handed leads and blew them. I hope you pointed that out to him. 

"Hashtag just sayin' Jonneh! I'm not sexist or owt, but what the chuff?!" 

• Haha 5

GTB and Potter both train in Leeds too.  Beth lives around the corner from me.  It will hit her hard that.  But I don't know what to say really.  You can't take anything away from the yank, but at the same time Potter had a canny lead and then increased it.  Did she get her pacing wrong?

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

GTB and Potter both train in Leeds too.  Beth lives around the corner from me.  It will hit her hard that.  But I don't know what to say really.  You can't take anything away from the yank, but at the same time Potter had a canny lead and then increased it.  Did she get her pacing wrong?

Don't say anything to her. Just stare at her and shake your head. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Don't say anything to her. Just stare at her and shake your head. 

She had an extension built on her house and made a separate insta page for it.

Being a structural engineer I thought I would take a look.  Fuck me. Masonry piers not big enough, she hadn't got planning either!  So no doubt didn't get a party wall surveyor and was doing work on the party wall.  Fuck me.

• Haha 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

She had an extension built on her house and made a separate insta page for it.

Being a structural engineer I thought I would take a look.  Fuck me. Masonry piers not big enough, she hadn't got planning either!  So no doubt didn't get a party wall surveyor and was doing work on the party wall.  Fuck me.

Shop her to the council. You won't be the only one after what she did today. 

• Haha 2

I realised I didn't know much about her - place of birth, age, bra size etc - so 10 seconds after she won wiki'ed her. Fucking hell the update it quickly. 

Screenshot_20240805_205146_Wikipedia.thumb.jpg.5521e34bd96b90057c5bbf09d80fe7bc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She rang the bell 'nobody has rang it that hard' 

FUCK OFF BBC. FUCK OFF. Yes you're british and biased but give it a fucking break. 

Lyles almost broke the cunt yesterday 

• Haha 4

Some nerd will have already made the edit in a draft and been ready to hit publish as soon as she crossed the line. Wiki wars are real. :D

• Haha 4

Unbelievable achievement winning Olympic gold in such a competitive event. But doing it in such a high quality field, as favourite, with all that pressure, with such a confident display? Fucking class that like 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Some nerd will have already made the edit in a draft and been ready to hit publish as soon as she crossed the line. Wiki wars are real. :D

Ah, come on, man. It’ll have been before she crossed the line

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

FUCK OFF BBC. FUCK OFF. Yes you're british and biased but give it a fucking break. 

Eurosport is so much better

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Aye, that’s exactly what I thought must be happening at the time :lol: 

10 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

BBC  

I honestly don’t know how this could wind anybody up.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye, that’s exactly what I thought must be happening at the time :lol: 

Or iPlayer. It’s normally a good 30 seconds+ behind…as I noticed every time England scored in the Euros and my neighbour celebrated.

Every time this happened I told the kids “I think there is a goal coming here lads. I can feel it in my bones”. 

• Haha 3