The Olympics

AbsolutKazakh

24 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Suspect the olympic spirit (meths) gone a bit sour down the road (at the BNX, spotted another one as well)

IMG_5142.jpeg

She was quick off the mark. Wasn't that shirt only released yesterday?

image.png.c44c33eaf2decdaea910090cb7fc2680.png

No sign of the Americans, which is a surprise.

I guess maybe they'd fare better if the targets were unarmed black men, or school children?

4 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Robbed

I hate events like that where a) a judge decides and b) I know fuck all about how scoring works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Ridiculous that from Alex Yee. The commentators on Eurosport kept theorising that he might still have something in the tank, but there's no way you let someone put that big of a gap into you unless you can't go with them. 

Couldn't believe it when he came back to win at the end. (still don't think the commentators were right though!) 

Aye, it wasn't planned. Wilde imploded on the last lap. Ran 11 seconds slower than previous lap, whilst Yee ran 8 seconds quicker. He just saw the lad in front of him faltering and whipped past him. 

• Like 1

Canoe Slalom final starting in the next 5 to 10 min. GB lass won a medal in Tokyo and qualified in 6th, so she has a chance. 

If anyone wants to watch.... 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Canoe Slalom final starting in the next 5 to 10 min. GB lass won a medal in Tokyo and qualified in 6th, so she has a chance. 

Watching it on iPlayer later, so SPOILERS FFS! 

Thankee :lol:

That reminds me for when the season kicks off. Sometimes the first chance I get to watch the Newcastle match is on MotD on the Sunday morning. So will you please fuck off with all your spoilers on the match threads? TIA. 👍

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Shame Jess Fox didn't take her father's nationality.  I suppose she could have taken her mother's, so not too bad.

16 hours ago, trophyshy said:

I was FORCED to have a racing bike, my mother is a pathetic snob.  

This reads like something out of Adrian Mole 😂

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, it wasn't planned. Wilde imploded on the last lap. Ran 11 seconds slower than previous lap, whilst Yee ran 8 seconds quicker. He just saw the lad in front of him faltering and whipped past him. 

Aye. I think Yee is considered the better runner. But Wilde broke away to try and win it. Yee might’ve decided not to go with him initially but there’s no way he allowed such a big gap to develop as a tactical move. Wilde’s gamble didn’t quite pay off, as he tired really badly just before the end. Which Yee was then able to capitalise on. Like you say, Yee wasn’t deliberately saving up a sprint finish knowing he’d be able to overhaul the leader 

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Born a female apparently (and in a country where it's illegal to change your sex). Clearly some intersex issues but if the rules let her compete then it's a bit shit that everyone is calling her a cheating bloke/lassie basher

• Like 1