The Olympics

AbsolutKazakh

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Peaty won Olympic silver with covid apparently. 

hoping to spread the infection to the other nations through their swimmers? That's some 4D chess right there.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Peaty won Olympic silver with covid apparently. 

I was scrolling down the BBC News page like

"Peaty tests positive..."

oh fuck

"...for Covid"

oh phew it's just a damaging respiratory virus :boogie:  

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's cycle science. 👍

Well I presume that's what you lot are chuntering on about and why Wykiki is on the vinegar strokes, its hard to tell for us workers. 

I mean him and Gemmill didn’t even bother to mention the actual event they were inexpertly gibbering on about like a couple of fuckin Eyemouth fishwives :cuppa:

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

13:00 Actually

Its Tom Pidcock defending his Mountain Bike cross country medal.

He's said its a boring course (which I agree).  He quite the Tour de France early because of Covid.  That could be a blessing if he's fully recover from Covid as he should be fresher.

He will be favourite for it.  He's current world champion and has flown in the World Cups this year.  Ones to watch out for;

Victor Koretsky

Nino Schurter - The fucking GOAT.

Mathias Fluckiger

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

23 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

This is what I was trying to tell you earlier. The IOC are bought off by cunts wanting to inflict their crappy minority sports/hobbies with no real history of being a spectator sport on to the rest of us every four years. Hope you and Gemmill are happy 😞

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is what I was trying to tell you earlier. The IOC are bought off by cunts wanting to inflict their crappy minority sports/hobbies with no real history of being a spectator sport on to the rest of us every four years. Hope you and Gemmill are happy 😞

IMO Road Racing / TT shouldn't be in the Olympics.  It's not the pinnacle of the sport.  The Tour De France and the world champs is.  

Mountain bike, that's a little different.  The World Cup is big and then throw in the Worlds.  But other than that it doesn't have the stuff like Tour etc.  So the pinnacle is the World Cup / Worlds.  The Olympics is on par with the Worlds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Renton said:

Canny difference between herbivore and carnivore shit though isn't there? Also it's the fact that dog shit is small that means you can easily stand in it. Dog shit can spread disease and parasites that can kill or blind you. Horse shit, not so much. Not to mention dogs outnumber horses several hundred to one. You want an argument, I'm up for an argument. 👍

This lad knows his shit 

• Haha 6

Watching the archery the other day and they were saying that the targets were SEVENTY METRES away, and that if you're holding the bow to aim, if you lifted your thumb, your nail would be big enough to completely obscure the target. 

And these motherfuckers are just pinging bullseyes. :lol:

I'm aware they practice and they're the best around, but it's still ludicrous that anyone can do that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Watching the archery the other day and they were saying that the targets were SEVENTY METRES away, and that if you're holding the bow to aim, if you lifted your thumb, your nail would be big enough to completely obscure the target. 

I'm aware they practice and they're the best around, but it's still ludicrous that anyone can do that. 

Robin Hood Comedy GIF by Laff

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One for you 

img_1_1722350152054.jpg

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It’s incredible isn’t it? I knew that because Jonathan Agnew ended up doing the commentary for London 2012 because the archery was held at Lord’s 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

If catapult was an olympic event then Walker would've won gold every four years when I was a kid as every cunt had one made out of old bed springs. :good:

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If catapult was an olympic event then Walker would've won gold every four years when I was a kid as every cunt had one made out of old bed springs. :good:

Honestly thought you meant one of these things

homer simpson couch gag GIF

• Haha 2

On 29/07/2024 at 10:08, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Any chance of expanding? Some of us don’t do twatter.

You can still read it even if not a twatterer

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Honestly thought you meant one of these things

homer simpson couch gag GIF

One simply didn’t do that sort of thing growing up in Blyth, I mean Seee-tone Slowss ;) 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Ireland’s gold medal winner in the swimming looks like he should be in the Special Olympics.

Imagine being the brother though. Looking like that too without being shite fucking hot at swimming 

• Haha 2