Tuesday's stuff

@yourservice

Manchester United will try to convince Cristiano Ronaldo to stay one more season by promising to then let him go for £65m. (The Sun)

But sources close to Ronaldo say he is refusing to return to Manchester United to discuss his future with Sir Alex Ferguson. (The Mirror)

Tottenham are ready to smash the British transfer record in a £32m swoop for Valencia's David Villa - and will sell Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United to fund the move. (The Sun)

Liverpool are expected to raise £18m to buy Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry by the end of the week. (The Mirror)

Sunderland manager Roy Keane is on the verge of completing an £8.5m swoop for Manchester United striker Louis Saha. (Various)

Newly-promoted West Brom will try and land midfielder Michael Tonge from Sheffield United with a £2m offer. (The Sun)

Everton are sizing up a cut-price £1.5m deal for Newcastle midfielder Alan Smith. (Daily Star)

Portsmouth plan to sign Nicky Shorey from Reading and Tottenham's Younes Kaboul. (The Mirror)

Tottenham look set to splash more cash as they are on the verge of a shock £9.5m move for Manchester City defender Vedran Corluka. (Various)

Hull are set to make a bid for Benfica's Portuguese striker Ariza Makukula. (The Mirror)

Everton are ready to agree a compromise deal to ease through Andy Johnson's move to Fulham after the London club refused to meet the £13m asking price. (The Mirror)

Aston Villa are targeting Middlesbrough defender Luke Young. (The Guardian)

Arsenal are set to increase their interest in Real Madrid midfielder Ruben de la Red. (Telegraph)

Ipswich and Hull are both chasing the signature of former Bolton midfielder Ivan Campo. (The Mirror)

Tottenham set their sights on Real Zaragoza keeper Cesar Sanchez, who is available for a nominal fee. (Daily Mail)

Robinho, the Real Madrid and Brazil forward, says he is mulling over offers from several clubs, including Chelsea. (The Times)

Zenit St Petersburg will open talks with Andrei Arshavin's agent to try and resolve the striker's proposed move to Tottenham. (Various)

OTHER GOSSIP

Eduardo hopes to play for Arsenal before Christmas as he continues his recovery from a horror leg break last February. (The Sun)

FA chiefs are set for another showdown with the Premier League over plans for an international round of matches during a winter break starting in January 2011. (The Mirror)

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace has cooled speculation that the club could be sold after revealing he has received no firm offers. (Daily Express)

Indian mobile phone company Reliance Communications denied claims that owner Anil Ambani was planning to buy Newcastle. (The Guardian)

But experts on the sub-continent say Ambani could make an investment using his personal wealth. (Daily Telegraph)

QPR chairman says he will use his links at Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus and "other top clubs" to bring the best players to the London club. (Various)

The FA will crack down on player misbehaviour launching its campaign of 'Respect' for officials. (The Independent)

AND FINALLY

Liverpool fans have been voted the most attractive in football with Portsmouth's blue army taking the dubious honour of worst looking. (The Mirror)

Sir Alex Ferguson prevailed in the father-son battle as his Manchester United side beat son Darren's Peterborough team 2-0. (Various)

West Ham say they will retire the number six shirt worn by former England captain, the late Bobby Moore. (Daily Express)

Edited by @yourservice

I'd take it no problem. Not only that but I reckon he'll be one of the higher wages as well. Get rid, but we do need a new forward (whether he goes or not).

:D Can`t see that happening to be honest,I`d drive him down my self

just to stop you lot moaning about him.

So what have you got to be so cheerful about? Spurs reserves and a spitter :razz:

Now,now Berb!!! Steed played 38 games for the Spuds last season,and well you know it... :D

and we might have signed a spitter,but he`s a fucking good spitter.

:razz: Can`t see that happening to be honest,I`d drive him down my self

So what have you got to be so cheerful about? Spurs reserves and a spitter :D

Now,now Berb!!! Steed played 38 games for the Spuds last season,and well you know it... :nah:

Malbranque is a good player, one i'd have liked us to get if no other midfielders are forthcoming in this transfer window. I don't really 'get' the rest of them though. Tainio is an injury prone plodder who's no better than what you already had in the middle, Chimbonda is an average mercenary of epic proportions and Diouf is one of those players whos novelty of being "a tricky player" wears off when you realise he has very little end product to his game.

Still, that's just my two penneth. Good job Kaboul turned you down our i'd have collapsed in a fit of laughter :D

Edited by Ketsbaia

:razz: Can`t see that happening to be honest,I`d drive him down my self

So what have you got to be so cheerful about? Spurs reserves and a spitter :nah:

Now,now Berb!!! Steed played 38 games for the Spuds last season,and well you know it... :nufc:

Malbranque is a good player, one i'd have liked us to get if no other midfielders are forthcoming in this transfer window. I don't really 'get' the rest of them though. Tainio is an injury prone plodder who's no better than what you already had in the middle, Chimbonda is an average mercenary of epic proportions and Diouf is one of those players whos novelty of being "a tricky player" wears off when you realise he has very little end product to his game.

Still, that's just my two penneth. Good job Kaboul turned you down our i'd have collapsed in a fit of laughter :D

Tainio Looked very good on Sunday as did Chimbonda,well!! they all did as it happens,so im happy .. :)

and as it`s my club that signed them,well thats cool,co`s we`re both content with this outcome... :D

I notice they have smith down as a midfielder and not a striker. Not sure he's much use there either but it's probably right as calling him a striker opens up a can of worms with the trade descriptions people.

I think the makems have made some decent signings. I wouldn't want any of them as first choice (although with what we have at this moment in time I would expect Malbranque to get a game) but they will be canny for them. Tainio the only one I wouldn't even want as a backup.

Lets do the old one then who from the Mackems would get in out starting 11 and who from their lot would get in our 11.

Them to us (sound like the chuckle brothers :D )

Gordon?

Jones

Malbranque, maybe?

Us to them.

Enrique?

Beye

Taylor?

Milner

Charlie

Owen

Spider?

Martins

Duff?

Shola

Smith

Geremi

sorry could not help myself :razz:

Not think he is on par with Harps n Shay?

According to Arsenal (and that's according to the press) you could buy 3 Shay Given's for one Gordon. :D

A fit Given shits all over the lanky bastard IMO. 9 million was about 7 too many.