U-17 WORLD CUP

Guest shearers-hairline

Guest shearers-hairline

Hey guys,

Is anyone watching the U-17 World Cup Final on Eurosport???

My God seen nothing like it Mexico vs Brazil, 2-0 Mexico and they have one of the best players I've seen for a long time. DOS SANTOS 17yr old better than Rooney easy and plays for Barca. If you can, watch it now its half-time at min tho.

Makes you think, not just our scouts, but all EPL scouts, where the hell are they looking?? Why have we no South American feeder clubs like Real Madrid and Barca have? If you can please watch it, either team i would say, wouold thrash nearly every team in the EPL, :lol:

Arsenal and Man U have both been looking at Giovanni Dos Santos recently but he is contracted there til his 20th birthday.

I think South Americans (particularly young kids) find it easier to settle in Spain or Portugal rather than England. They are still moving half way round the world but at least the language and climate are more like what they are used to. I suppose Juninho is the obvious exception.

Dos Santos is mint in FM :lol:

Some of the goals that were scored were absolutely class! Did anyone see that Turkey player against Brazil when he got past both the Brazilian defenders? What a piece of skill that was!

How tall is Tim Krul he looked huge when i first saw a glimpse of him

Arsenal and Man U have both been looking at Giovanni Dos Santos recently but he is contracted there til his 20th birthday.

I think South Americans (particularly young kids) find it easier to settle in Spain or Portugal rather than England. They are still moving half way round the world but at least the language and climate are more like what they are used to. I suppose Juninho is the obvious exception.

42669[/snapback]

Not forgetting the small matter of work permits.

It's all well and good scouting these wonderkids but half of them wouldn't get the paperwork.

When you look at Europe it would be very difficult to pick up the cream of the crop as they are hoovered up by the likes of the big clubs in their own countries who can offer them good money and the chance to improve in familiar surroundings before moving on to English/Spanish/Italian teams.