Newcastle Sign Fabricio Coloccini: Deportive Website States

Ketsbaia

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These deals are so fucked up...Is Columbo in charge of transfers??

He always knows who done it though, then spends the rest of the time badgering them into admitting it.

We're more Black Ops these day (including the odd bit of blue on blue).

Argentinian out to force United deal

FABRICIO Coloccini has threatened to ask for Fifa's help as he looks to complete his move to Newcastle United because Deportivo La Coruña were still refusing to lower their asking price yesterday.

But it seems that Metz defender Sébastien Bassong is on the verge of signing a three-year contract with Newcastle following a successful trial.

The Magpies had a bid of around £8.25m accepted by Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro for Coloccini over the weekend and Newcastle have already agreed personal terms with the Argentinian defender. But the deal is in danger of collapsing after Lendoiro decided to suddenly raise the asking price by two million euros on the day it was set to be finalised.

This has infuriated the player’s agent Marcelo Lombilla and the Newcastle hierarchy, who believed they were going to be able to unveil their third signing of the summer before the first-team squad flew out to Spain for the Mallorca Summer Cup this afternoon.

With the transfer apparently stuck in deadlock, Lombilla has warned his client will either invoke Fifa Rule 17 – the so-called Webster rule – which enables players aged under 28 to buy their way out of the remainder of their contract after three years of it have elapsed to facilitate a transfer, or he will report Lendoiro to the game’s governing body for the way he has conducted the deal.

“I do not want it to do, but I have the right to contact Fifa,” said Lombilla, as Coloccini continued to train alone in Spain after the rest of the Deportivo squad travelled to Veneuezla for a pre-season tour. “I represent football players, not presidents or the clubs.

“At the end of the day, Fabricio is in danger of missing out on the contract of his life and we might need to go to Fifa to get the matter resolved. Lendoiro has to face up to the music and it is that he should not have asked for more from anyone.” It is difficult to see how Fifa could force Lendoiro to accept Newcastle’s initial offer as nothing had been signed and sealed when the 26-year-old met with United officials to thrash out the details of his contract.

Lendoiro used a similar ploy to force Newcastle to pay an extra £2m when Albert Luque moved to St James’s Park three years ago but, while former chairman Freddie Shepherd reluctantly agreed to the change in terms, the new United board have refused to be bullied.

It is another frustrating setback for manager Kevin Keegan, who has still not been able to play another Argentina international Jonas Gutierrez in pre-season because Real Mallorca have refused to release his registration.

Gutierrez is believed to have used Fifa Rule 17 – first tested when Scotland international defender Andy Webster forced his way out of Hearts to join Wigan – to sign for Newcastle, but Mallorca still believe they are entitled to a transfer fee.

Newcastle play Mallorca in a friendly on Sunday and Keegan is hoping the disputes with both Spanish clubs will have been resolved by then – although he will be happy to hear that the Magpies have reached an agreement for Bassong.

Depor already lined up Kyrgiakos as replacement.

We shuld bid for him as well. If Depor want to fuck we should teach them a lesson. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: (we still owe them for Luque anyway).

class comment from his agent today:

"I spoke to the directors of Newcastle and explained that they should look for another player. I understand what their financial limits are and I know they can’t afford the money Lendoiro is requesting.

“Three years ago we were assured that if there was a €10M bid for Coloccini, the player would be available

“It's the same as last summer, he wasn't allowed to go to Zaragoza and now it's the same with another major offer.”

“Slavery was abolished years ago. Will Lendoiro be able to sleep easy after ruining the player's career?”

Depor already lined up Kyrgiakos as replacement.

We shuld bid for him as well. If Depor want to fuck we should teach them a lesson. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: (we still owe them for Luque anyway).

I would have cancelled them payments long ago. :rolleyes:

Looking at what Luque has done since leaving Newcastle, you have to wonder who the yes man was on the 9.5 million deal to bring him to Newcastle.

I think I defended him on more than one occasion though... he really didn't have the best start with us... and the big manager turn over didn't help as well. I didn't think it funny at the time, but I can now have a laugh at Roeder continually suggesting that Luque would get a look in to the first team. :rolleyes:

I reckon we've bungled this deal. :rolleyes:

Aye it doesn't seem to be looking good, it's Depor's chairman again reading that Depor forum it seems he messes clubs around a lot when it comes to selling players.

Edited by Barton7

Surely for that amount of money there should be other potential targets. We've made out offer to Deportivo, if they want to try to stuff us about to snaffle an extra couple of million we should leave them to stew over that offer and say no more - I think that's what Coloccino's agent is suggesting we do anyway.

Chances are they probably think we're a bunch of rich idiots anyway - based off our splurge on Luque.

I'm still confident we'll pull it off eventually. Deportivo need cash and we're the only club offering any. I think the minute we begin to look elsewhere the president will shit himself, take what we're offering and run.

Keegan's quoted as being confident of another two signings before the end of the transfer window, funny how every time someone speaks to him the number of definate incoming players goes down... :rolleyes:

I think it's a conspiracy, Mike Ashley really is a Spuds fan and he's been getting us to find players for them - Woody, Modric, Arshavin, Coloccini - I'm not lovin the fat turd.

Bungled as in not being held to ransom you mean?

You don't deal for 3 months (reportedly) to people who are 'holding you to ransom' allegedly.

Get out of that fishface. :rolleyes:

You don't deal for 3 months (reportedly) to people who are 'holding you to ransom' allegedly.

Haven't they (reportedly) upped the price?

Haven't they (reportedly) upped the price?

To clarify, if they have upped the price (reportedly) we should have known the nature of the beast a lot earlier if (allegedly) it kicked off 3 months ago. It's all I'm saying.