crap sky picture

zico martin

This is probably quite a basic problem and I suspect I know what the answer is, however here goes...

After buying a new Tv / video cabinet I plugged in all my bits and bobs :

ps2

vcr

dvd player

sky box

amplifier

however when i connected all the bits together again I found a problem. Sky looks fine when going through the scart cable ( AV2 channel) but whenever I want to use the TV guide facility, or press the sky button, this automatically changes to the RF channel 6 which is very poor quality ( ghosting etc). When I pull my sky box out to make sure the rf cable is in correctly I notice that the TV picture does get noticeable better ( although still not crystal clear).

Am I right in thinking this has soemthing to do with interference and I need a better quality rf cable between my box and my telly?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

(or should I have posted this in the general forum?)

why bother with the rf connection ???

43108[/snapback]

unfotunately when pressing the sky button or tv guide button etc it automatically defaults to the rf channel 6. I have looked into this and there is no way I can get to change to my av channel (61 - CVBS)

I have accepted that I will have to upgrade to sky + for £49 !