England Squad

Paul

England squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Austria (8 October) and Poland (12 October):

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Robert Green (Norwich), Chris Kirkland (Liverpool/West Brom)

Defenders: Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Phil Neville (Everton), Luke Young (Charlton), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), Ledley King (Tottenham)

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Alan Smith (Man Utd), Kieran Richardson (Man Utd)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Darren Bent (Charlton), Peter Crouch (Liverpool).

How the fuck has JJ managed to get in there again... and ahead of Parker too :lol:

England squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Austria (8 October) and Poland (12 October):

Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Robert Green (Norwich), Chris Kirkland (Liverpool/West Brom)

Defenders: Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Phil Neville (Everton), Luke Young (Charlton), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), Ledley King (Tottenham)

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Alan Smith (Man Utd), Kieran Richardson (Man Utd)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Darren Bent (Charlton), Peter Crouch (Liverpool).

How the fuck has JJ managed to get in there again... and ahead of Parker too :lol:

42051[/snapback]

I don't know how many midfielders I have seen play for Newcastle, hundreds, but I can honestly say that there are dozens, and dozens better than Jeanarse. He would be halfway in a list if I could be arsed to think about making one up.

Simply amazing what these professionals see in him .....

Darren Bent is an interesting one. How many of us would have advocated buying him a year ago !!!!

I think [or hope] Beckham plays on the right, he should never play anywhere else.

Problem then is though, such fantastic crossing ability and Defoe and Owen in the middle....looks like it would be Crouch and our own Micky O then

Because Sven is a clueless prick.  And I'm not anti-Sven, but on the basis of fucking what exactly is he picking Jermaine Jenas.  The lad is shite.

42052[/snapback]

Aye, but look at how much Sven persisted with Heskey for England not so long back. Baffling. :lol:

What the fuck is Flat Stanley (Crouch) doing in there too? He just shouldn't be allowed to represent his country on the basis that it's a fucking embarassment to advertise the fact that the freak is English.

As well as the inclusion of Jenas and Crouch, the other selection I have a problem with is Robert Green, he is a woeful keeper who's performances this season have been shocking.

How can he select Alan Smith, Jenas and Phil Neville as midfielders whilst ignoring Parker, Carrick and Danny Murphy? Clueless prick.

42090[/snapback]

Carrick's injured, but I'd agree otherwise.

Had a little argument with a friend, who was trying to convince me Jenas "carried" the team. He then went on to say he's such a good player because he was "amazing" in America, and at Forest when he was a teenager. The statement suggesting he carried the team was pretty funny considering he was on the bench a lot of last season, because he wasn't good enough to get into the team. And Bowyer, who was starting regularly, is the worst midfielder in England, apparently.

How can he select Alan Smith, Jenas and Phil Neville as midfielders whilst ignoring Parker, Carrick and Danny Murphy? Clueless prick.

42090[/snapback]

Carrick's injured, but I'd agree otherwise.

Had a little argument with a friend, who was trying to convince me Jenas "carried" the team. He then went on to say he's such a good player because he was "amazing" in America, and at Forest when he was a teenager. The statement suggesting he carried the team was pretty funny considering he was on the bench a lot of last season, because he wasn't good enough to get into the team. And Bowyer, who was starting regularly, is the worst midfielder in England, apparently.

42592[/snapback]

Smoggie lad I know tried to tell me we sold our best player when Jenas went. Tit.

My mates therory is that Sven picks all these shite players so he's got an excuse not to drop all his favourites  :lol:

42109[/snapback]

Yes.

And I also think that he is shit scared of picking and playing the people in form, in case they do well and he (Swen - as SBR would say :huh: ) would be in a corner. Notice what he did with Andy Johnson; the lad was on fire and he got to play RIGHT WING ffs!

Sven is pretty useless at times. Some of the players he picks in his squad, his persistence with the likes of Heskey and James who from day one were never international class yet after about 40 games he still can't tell that!!!

His inability to ever drop certain players, even if they are playing shite and have a broken leg he'd still pick his top players.

He is going to go to the world cup (most likely) with a group of players who seriously can win it but won't with him in charge.

Sven is pretty useless at times. Some of the players he picks in his squad, his persistence with the likes of Heskey and James who from day one were never international class yet after about 40 games he still can't tell that!!!

His inability to ever drop certain players, even if they are playing shite and have a broken leg he'd still pick his top players.

He is going to go to the world cup (most likely) with a group of players who seriously can win it but won't with him in charge.

42613[/snapback]

I think they can get close but win it?? Maybe if Argentina knock out Brazil in the semis!

However, I will say it one last time: In my opinion, the last World Cup and European Championships were there for the taking and a manager with a bit more ambition would have won it for England. But....as they say.

42613[/snapback]

I think they can get close but win it?? Maybe if Argentina knock out Brazil in the semis!

However, I will say it one last time: In my opinion, the last World Cup and European Championships were there for the taking and a manager with a bit more ambition would have won it for England. But....as they say.

42616[/snapback]

If the key players are fit and in form England could win it. They have the crucial spine of the team in Robinson, soem top class CB's, Gerrard/Lampard and Owen with Rooney providing genuine flair and world class talent, even if he is a cock.

I agree with you though, a better maanger than Sven could have won either or both of those tournaments.

What I feel is we have 2 of easily the best midfielders in the world, and if we leave one out, we're missing out. So somehow, we need to devise a plan to make them play well together, because I don't see why they shouldn't be.

42630[/snapback]

Its do-able. Gerrard has the physique, presence and tackling/closing down ability to do the holding job. He needs the discipline to stick to that role and let Lampard do the bombing on. Yes, its taking something away from his natural game but it's for the good of the team.

Personally, I would leave Gerrard to do what he's one of the best at - and that is bombing on.

I would leave Lampard out and try and find a decent holding player - who?? Don't know!!!! :D Jenas?

Just because someone is a great player should not mean he has to play - Tony Currie and Le Tissier for examples.

The Jenas suggestion was a joke by the way! :lol: (£7m :huh: )