Hiding behind smilies?

Guest Sima

Noticed most people on here say something not even offensive and then qualify it with a :lol: smiley.

Do people on this board have no sense of sarcasm that most people have to put a :D or a :blink: after saying "you slag", etc?

Edited by Sima

Noticed most people on here say something not even offensive and then qualify it with a :lol: smiley.

Do people on this board have no sense of sarcasm that most people have to put a :) or a :blink: after saying "you slag", etc?

41920[/snapback]

Sarcasm doesn't travel well on the internet. Whenever I have omitted the madatory :D, people have taken it the wrong way. I must admit I have misunderstood people too when they have missed out a smiley.

Do people on this board have no sense of sarcasm that most people have to put a :) or a :blink: after saying "you slag", etc?

41920[/snapback]

Sarcasm doesn't travel well on the internet. Whenever I have omitted the madatory :D, people have taken it the wrong way. I must admit I have misunderstood people too when they have missed out a smiley.

41939[/snapback]

That's what I was implying you twat

41920[/snapback]

41939[/snapback]

I absolutely agree.

Smilies do what a tone of voice or expression would do in conversation.

It's incredibly hard to get subtlety across as it is and people can easily get hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Bitter because they reset your post count tbh

41932[/snapback]

Waiting for an explanation tbh when other people do worse than me.

41948[/snapback]

Fwiw I don't see anything wrong in what you did. OK, you spam a bit, but so what? The boards slow most the time anyway. Then again I wouldn't let it bother you tbh.

Doesn't really, just the fact that if it was just posting smilies (ironic tbh) in threads I'm certainly not the only one.

When you go to a board that is so populated that there are 10 replies every minute and change to one that you are lucky to get that in half an hour it does stand out.

But ho-hum....

Edited by Sima

Doesn't really, just the fact that if it was just posting smilies (ironic tbh) in threads I'm certainly not the only one.

When you go to a board that is so populated that there are 10 replies every minute and change to one that you are lucky to get that in half an hour it does stand out.

But ho-hum....

41954[/snapback]

I think Brock hit the nail on the heed, I read his post and thought "what the fucks his problem?" because it didnt have a wink on the end.

then again, maybe hes just a tosser.

:lol:

But ho-hum....

41954[/snapback]

I think Brock hit the nail on the heed, I read his post and thought "what the fucks his problem?" because it didnt have a wink on the end.

41960[/snapback]

The point I was demonstrating :huh:

You bastard. [ :lol: ]

Sima never ever takes the huff or takes people's posts the wrong way though. He's got 'intuition' man.

:lol: