Souness and the Sack

LeazesMag

I was watching a Football show and the topic of Newcastle's injury issues came up - they said the word from your people was, the sand or gravel or material if you may that  the players train on is the cause of these injures. The pundits were laughing saying they couldnt fathom 4 players getting hamgstring injuries due to the pitch they train on.

Anyway, it seems very weird to me.

43147[/snapback]

It is a scientifically proven fact that excessive alcohol consumption can lead and is a major contributor to muscle injuries.

And what muscle is the most used and vunerable on a footballer? (besides that one!)

It is also alleged that Newcastle's managers, current and previous, have a relaxed attitude to the party lifestyles certain players have.

It's not rocket science really is it?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a Football show and the topic of Newcastle's injury issues came up - they said the word from your people was, the sand or gravel or material if you may that  the players train on is the cause of these injures. The pundits were laughing saying they couldnt fathom 4 players getting hamgstring injuries due to the pitch they train on.

43147[/snapback]

It is a scientifically proven fact that excessive alcohol consumption can lead and is a major contributor to muscle injuries.

And what muscle is the most used and vunerable on a footballer? (besides that one!)

It is also alleged that Newcastle's managers, current and previous, have a relaxed attitude to the party lifestyles certain players have.

43148[/snapback]

this is recent info which has came out of the club....the material the players train on I mean. He has said they will stop training on it.

Meanwhile, he is spending time thinking up his next excuse ........

43147[/snapback]

43148[/snapback]

Actually I've heard much less of the "Newcastle players out pissed" stuff since Souness took over. I don't know for definite (none of us do) whether Souness is any stricter in this regard, but all the talk of this one and that one monged on the quayside has definitely dried up.

For me, going PLC destroyed the club that Keegan built because Keegan went with it. We were a proper football club, run and managed like a proper football club, for those brief 5 years. And it all stemmed from Keegan, ably backed up by his chairman. The walk out after the Swindon game was the best thing Keegan ever did, because from that point on he had made his ambition and determinaton not to settle for 2nd best apparent to everyone, and when Sir John realised he had the right man he never questioned him again.

I would agree with this, KK was a fantastic player, manager and ambassador for the club.

I used to go to the Benwell training ground and talked with him after training a few times when I was a kid. He was always a superb example, and I'll always remember that.

The craziiest thing we ever did was let him walk away completey. At the very least he should have moved to a directors position within the club. Players signed for us because of him and he should have been used in another capacity if he felt he couldnt take us any further on the pitch.

However, money and greed took over and all that he did for us was swept aside....

43147[/snapback]

43148[/snapback]

Actually I've heard much less of the "Newcastle players out pissed" stuff since Souness took over. I don't know for definite (none of us do) whether Souness is any stricter in this regard, but all the talk of this one and that one monged on the quayside has definitely dried up.

43268[/snapback]

"Nice guys never win." ;)

I would have thought John Hall only bought the club and was the gurantor to the debts because he had a view to making it a PLC and making some big money. I wonder that if he was told he couldn't float the club then maybe he wouldn't have got involved in the first place and then maybe Keegan's revival would never have happened. John Hall is/was a businessman after all, not a charity. So i wonder that to say the club should never have gone the PLC route might mean none of the renaissance enjoyed would still be pipe dreams.

I would have thought John Hall only bought the club and was the gurantor to the debts because he had a view to making it a PLC and making some big money. I wonder that if he was told he couldn't float the club then maybe he wouldn't have got involved in the first place and then maybe Keegan's revival would never have happened. John Hall is/was a businessman after all, not a charity. So i wonder that to say the club should never have gone the PLC route might mean none of the renaissance enjoyed would still be pipe dreams.

43315[/snapback]

Fair points, and of course probably correct. If you remember a few years before he got control he was on the board when they initially floated the idea of buying shares... etc I can't remember the details, but the offer was to buy 100 quids worth minimum but it failed because they didn't get enough buyers ! I know this because I put in my 100 quid and it was returned with a letter asking if I wanted to donate it anyway to something, I don't remember what.

Cheeky fuckers.