Oasis

Happy Face

I love how Liam starts to act the big man once they have a hold of him :lol:

He waits then goes for it, then isn't sure the 3-4 of them have him securely and backs off, then "goes" for him again when he's absolutely sure they have. :woosh:

Dunno why he'd go for Noel over Liam though, by far the least annoying and twatish of the two.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Liam Gallagher has said he's recording with the remaining members of Oasis, apart from his brother Noel, and that he'll release new material in 2010.

Speaking in a video interview with MTV Italy, the 37-year old said: "We've been demoing some songs that we've had on the quiet. After Christmas we might go in the studio and record it and hopefully have an album out in July."

Oasis split up while on tour in France in August with Noel Gallagher citing Liam's behaviour for the reason behind his departure.

Noel, who's given no interviews since the break up, is believed to be working on his own solo project.

'New band, new songs'

Liam Gallagher, who plans to record with ex-Oasis members Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Zak Starkey added: "We'll do it in a different kind of way now. I'll try and reconnect with a new band, new songs and I'm feeling confident about the songs.

"I'm feeling a million per cent confident that they could be better than Oasis."

On the subject of his relationship with his brother, Liam said: "I love him to bits but we just don't get on.

"Me and our kid have never been that close anyway. Alright, we were in the band but we kept ourselves to each other, he'd do his thing and I'd do my thing, I've got my friends, he's got his friends."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/ne...00/10003070.stm

This should be a laugh

Letting the others write songs probably kept Oasis going for another 2 or 3 albums while of course dropping the overall quality but meaning a few decent (Noel) tunes were produced. Of course it may be that without Noel "smothering" them they could produce good stuff but I doubt it.

Does anyone really care about this lot anymore? They haven't been relevant since 1998 and haven't evolved musically since 1996 and it's depressing to watch them slag off far more interesting and talented bands. I honestly despair for anyone growing up in the 2000s, with the wealth of brilliant music easily on offer (even from contemporary bands), who would call this bland collection of decent choruses and crap lyrics their favourite band.

Well yeah, they've always been to proper music what Steps were to pop. But at least Steps knew when to quit. :rolleyes:

:good:

Edit: Nicely put Stiva.

Edited by alex

Does anyone really care about this lot anymore? They haven't been relevant since 1998 and haven't evolved musically since 1996 and it's depressing to watch them slag off far more interesting and talented bands. I honestly despair for anyone growing up in the 2000s, with the wealth of brilliant music easily on offer (even from contemporary bands), who would call this bland collection of decent choruses and crap lyrics their favourite band.

I think so, talking to the odd Oasis fan they seem the most militant of any fan when it comes to people not liking them and preferring other bands who haven't had as much commercial success. Although that might be an age thing, being at secondary school through the mid to late nineties.

I have the mental picture of the Gallaghers doing the video for that cover of tragedy now. The first couple of albums were great, but they have just stuck with the same sound and style of song writing. Muse, David Bowie etc. can and have evolved from album to album whereas Oasis went stale.