What console is your favourite of all time?

Wavey Davey

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNES

Super Soccer, Starfox and Mariokart. :lol:

I used to love playing F-Zero on the SNES. Many an hour was wasted on the 3rd floor in Fenwicks playing that! ;)

Cast yer votes!

The Amiga counts cos i said so. :lol:

Well probably Amiga and/or C64 (it had some cartridge games ;) ).

But for strictly consoles SNES probably (although the NES was great for its time).

SNES

Super Soccer, Starfox and Mariokart. ;)

I used to love playing F-Zero on the SNES. Many an hour was wasted on the 3rd floor in Fenwicks playing that! ;)

Good god how dated does this look now? :lol:

Did anyone get a Dreamcast? Canny for the driving games with the two analogue trigger buttons you could use like the accelerator and break. My mate had one. Soon died a death like.

I had a C64. The loading times back then man. Then it would crash and you had to start again :lol:

Aye, dodgy tape copies especially, imagine a someone trying 3 times and spending 15 mins to get a PS3 to load something. ;)

SNES

Super Soccer, Starfox and Mariokart. :icon_lol:

I used to love playing F-Zero on the SNES. Many an hour was wasted on the 3rd floor in Fenwicks playing that! :taunt:

Good god how dated does this look now? ;)

Forgotten all about that game till now. :tease:

Has to be the SNES.

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past is one of my favourite games of all time. That and the Mario Allstars that was every Mario Bros game with Mario World bundled in. :lol:

N64 was brilliant too.

Best footie game was ISS on the N64 btw.

Without a doubt! ;)

The commentary got repetitive though... "he plays a one-two"... "neither team have made it onto the scoresheet".. etc :lol:

Without a doubt! ;)

The commentary got repetitive though... "he plays a one-two"... "neither team have made it onto the scoresheet".. etc :lol:

"Straight into the keeper's arms..."

"He's gone in hard" always raised a smile though.

Without a doubt! ;)

Emlyn_Hughes_Spectrum.png

was the Granddaddy.

I had the Spectrum +2, hated the loading times on it. But wasted many an hour on Ghostbusters, Curse of Sherwood and literally nearly tore my hair out with Knightmare. The Snes had some cracking games but I had the Mega Drive, would end up swapping it with a mate for his snes during the holidays for a few days at a time for a change. How expensive were the games though? I remember the Special Championship Edition (Snes had the Turbo edition) of Streetfighter 2 on the Mega Drive was £60 when it came out then you had to buy the 6 button pad or spend half the time flicking between kicks and punches.

Edited by The Mighty Hog