FA Cup Final

Guest alex

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigThompers
I`d like Cardiff to win because they are underdogs and for Fowler`s sake. I`m totally indifferent as regards Pompey. If I were placing a bet I`d go with Cardiff because you`ll only get poor odds on Pompey.

Rather a winner at poor odds than a loser at long odds.

I`d like Cardiff to win because they are underdogs and for Fowler`s sake. I`m totally indifferent as regards Pompey. If I were placing a bet I`d go with Cardiff because you`ll only get poor odds on Pompey.

true

Fowler's not in the 16 either

True of course but that`s what betting`s about. Rather a winner at long odds.

Another name added to the list of shit teams I've seen lift trophies whilst we continue to win fuck all.

Whether you think they're shit or not, they've been considerably better than us for the last couple of seasons. Since Campbell joined them ironically enough (wasn't he too old/unreliable according to Glenn Roeder? :calmdown:)

Sir Bob did not look well :calmdown:

I thought he looked a hell of a lot better than he did at the Sports Personality of the year thing before Christmas.

When SBR was presented to the teams before the game, I saw him sharing a joke with Distin and wondered what was said. Apparently Distin whispered "we should have got to a final with you at Newcastle...."

he's not wrong like, SBR was far more deserving of it than Gullit or Dalglish :calmdown:

Another name added to the list of shit teams I've seen lift trophies whilst we continue to win fuck all.

Whether you think they're shit or not, they've been considerably better than us for the last couple of seasons. Since Campbell joined them ironically enough (wasn't he too old/unreliable according to Glenn Roeder? :calmdown:)

Aye, but really that much better than us in 1998, 1999? And was it 2000 or 2001 where we lost to Chelsea in the semi's and they won it?

And you'd have hoped we'd have hammered this Cardiff side (and beaten that Portsmouth one) on any of those occasions. :lol:

Edited by Fop

Whether you think they're shit or not, they've been considerably better than us for the last couple of seasons. Since Campbell joined them ironically enough (wasn't he too old/unreliable according to Glenn Roeder? :lol:)

Aye, but really that much better than us in 1998, 1999? And was it 2000 or 2001 where we lost to Chelsea in the semi's and they won it?

And you'd have hoped we'd have hammered this Cardiff side (and beaten that Portsmouth one) on any of those occasions. ;)

In 1998 (it's just dawned on me it's 10 years since we lost to Arsenal :calmdown:) and 1999 we were deservedly hammered by better sides. In 2000 I think Chelsea and us were very much on a par and that game deserved to be the final IMO. We were better than Chelsea as a team on the day but Poyet was the difference to me.

In much the same way I think England would have beaten Argentina in the 1990 world cup final had we won the shoot-out against the West Germans, I think the 2000 FA Cup would have been ours had we met Villa in the final.

Whether you think they're shit or not, they've been considerably better than us for the last couple of seasons. Since Campbell joined them ironically enough (wasn't he too old/unreliable according to Glenn Roeder? :lol:)

And you'd have hoped we'd have hammered this Cardiff side (and beaten that Portsmouth one) on any of those occasions. ;)

In 1998 (it's just dawned on me it's 10 years since we lost to Arsenal :calmdown:) and 1999 we were deservedly hammered by better sides. In 2000 I think Chelsea and us were very much on a par and that game deserved to be the final IMO. We were better than Chelsea as a team on the day but Poyet was the difference to me.

In much the same way I think England would have beaten Argentina in the 1990 world cup final had we won the shoot-out against the West Germans, I think the 2000 FA Cup would have been ours had we met Villa in the final.

You know Wolfgang is going to pop up now don't you? :icon_lol:

Whether you think they're shit or not, they've been considerably better than us for the last couple of seasons. Since Campbell joined them ironically enough (wasn't he too old/unreliable according to Glenn Roeder? :calmdown: )

And you'd have hoped we'd have hammered this Cardiff side (and beaten that Portsmouth one) on any of those occasions. :lol:

We were a very ordinary team under both Dalglish and Gullit and had quite easy runs to the final (especially with the former), finishing 13th both seasons. We were a much better team under Bobby.

Has Bobby had a stroke? He wasn't moving his left arm which hung at his side, and he looked like he had difficulty moving his left leg. Barwick was supporting him quite a bit as well. ;)