Don't shoot the messenger but

Jusoda Kid

Guest alex

I hope so. If Ashley's trying to run a tight ship with a view to selling and making a profit in a couple of years I'll be gutted.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
I'm still calling it all a smokescreen.

A billionaire doesn't buy a football club to finish mid table every season.

Perhaps I'm being overly cynical and the Modric bid suggests otherwise but his motives for buying are completely unknown thus far.

ohh im the cock , ok .

go pick a fight with some fucker else then .

manu(660m) , arsenal (300m) , liverpool (350m) fulham (137m) . they dont seem tobe worried about the debt .

if anything is unsustainable , its the 10mill a year wages mort and allerdyce stuck onto the club last summer .

We don't like differing opinion around these ere parts. :icon_lol:

(just agree with them it drives them wild very quickly)

aye, the only opinion that counts is anything you can put a slant on to make the ex board look like the anti-Christ and the worst football club board there has ever been

Tbf you're the only one obsessed with the old board, the rest of us have moved on.

ohh im the cock , ok .

manu(660m) , arsenal (300m) , liverpool (350m) fulham (137m) . they dont seem tobe worried about the debt .

if anything is unsustainable , its the 10mill a year wages mort and allerdyce stuck onto the club last summer .

We don't like ill thought out, attention seeking, sensationalist posts that can't be backed up round these parts.

Just back up your argument or accept being called a fuckwit.

Yeh I don't have a clue either but if he's sitting in the stands with a toon shirt on and singing songs in the black bull he is going to want us to do well surely? Well Keegan says that Ashley wants to win something and that why he came back so I'm assuming that's what he wants. Ashley doesn't give a fuck about Spurs all & though there are reasons to suggest otherwise I wouldn't pay them much creedance.

I think Ashley has seen Ambramovich & the Glazers and thought he could fancy a shot at it.

The thing is with Newcastle all we have had is cash, cash and more cash and no real organization or planning skills.

I'm not going to be overly critical of Shepherd and the Hall's because at points they done brilliant jobs but the sacking and treatment of Bobby Robson was our downfall and for some of that we deserved what we got.

Some fans do get delusional and they do get ahead of themselves, like the bastards that Booed Robson for finishing 5th.

It's a shame people need to be reminded what being shit is like and haven't had to put with true shit like that mackems have in ages.

Yeh I don't have a clue either but if he's sitting in the stands with a toon shirt on and singing songs in the black bull he is going to want us to do well surely? Well Keegan says that Ashley wants to win something and that why he came back so I'm assuming that's what he wants. Ashley doesn't give a fuck about Spurs all & though there are reasons to suggest otherwise I wouldn't pay them much creedance.

I think Ashley has seen Ambramovich & the Glazers and thought he could fancy a shot at it.

The thing is with Newcastle all we have had is cash, cash and more cash and no real organization or planning skills.

I'm not going to be overly critical of Shepherd and the Hall's because at points they done brilliant jobs but the sacking and treatment of Bobby Robson was our downfall and for some of that we deserved what we got.

Some fans do get delusional and they do get ahead of themselves, like the bastards that Booed Robson for finishing 5th.

It's a shame people need to be reminded what being shit is like and haven't had to put with true shit like that mackems have in ages.

...and to think we nearly had Mourinho. :icon_lol:

Guest alex
I don't buy any of that shit like. Just good PR imo.

What shit?

Your assertion that drinking in The Black Bull means anything. It might be sincere but until it's backed up with something concrete I'll reserve judgement.

Yeh but still he's painted his portrait and played his cards. Good PR can be undone quite simply as a lot of people are a bit dumb and actually buy a lot of the football press.

He can't walk about in a Newcastle shirt and suddenly buy Spurs and expect - Newcastle and Spurs fans to give him any respect.

What shit?

Your assertion that drinking in The Black Bull means anything. It might be sincere but until it's backed up with something concrete I'll reserve judgement.

I reckon he's not bad based on the fact he's cleared the debts and not refused a manager permission to approach anyone theyt're interested in. If we only spend £20M this window, I won't take that as a sign of lack of ambition, because I think it'll be more than enough to move us in the right direction.

Like Keegan says, i think it'll be at least three years before we can even think about competing for £20M or £30M players. If that's what you mean by something concrete?

Guest alex
Yeh but still he's painted his portrait and played his cards. Good PR can be undone quite simply as a lot of people are a bit dumb and actually buy a lot of the football press.

He can't walk about in a Newcastle shirt and suddenly buy Spurs and expect - Newcastle and Spurs fans to give him any respect.

There may be no truth in him wanting to buy Spurs. That's a separate issue for me anyway. It's just that I worry he might just have bought the club with a view to making a profit. He seems willing to ride roughshod over people when it comes to his other businesses so I can't see him giving a shit over pissing off Newcastle fans if he rakes in a load of cash in the process. I'm definitely going to wait and see what happens and I'm taking all the press stuff with a hefty pinch of salt but I just don't think his wearing a Toon top and getting the drinks in in Blu Bambu proves a thing about his intentions.

Guest alex

What shit?

I reckon he's not bad based on the fact he's cleared the debts and not refused a manager permission to approach anyone theyt're interested in. If we only spend £20M this window, I won't take that as a sign of lack of ambition, because I think it'll be more than enough to move us in the right direction.

Like Keegan says, i think it'll be at least three years before we can even think about competing for £20M or £30M players. If that's what you mean by something concrete?

I agree about this summer and about Ashley so far. If we want to get back into the top 4 it'll cost a load of money but right now isn't necessarily the time to do that (unless a really good player becomes available) since you could do a Sunderland and spend a fortune on average players. I'm just concerned and hopeful that he is here for the long-term (if he is willing to spend enough).

There may be no truth in him wanting to buy Spurs. That's a separate issue for me anyway. It's just that I worry he might just have bought the club with a view to making a profit. He seems willing to ride roughshod over people when it comes to his other businesses so I can't see him giving a shit over pissing off Newcastle fans if he rakes in a load of cash in the process. I'm definitely going to wait and see what happens and I'm taking all the press stuff with a hefty pinch of salt but I just don't think his wearing a Toon top and getting the drinks in in Blu Bambu proves a thing about his intentions.

Well Ashley is a businessman, no?

He buys, 1000 pints and chances are that will inspire some people to buy a £40 shirt. If Ashley has bought us for a profit then fair play. The best money to be made is from winning things and the international fan base that success provides.

Gate receipts and Television money wont exactly put us too far ahead of the pack.

Even Spurs league cup win will have earned them a fortune & there is a fair difference between earnings between a Club that finishes 6th and a club that finishes 12th.

Success = Money

Money (if spent well) = Success

If he's going to make a profit, he'll need to sell the club in a better position than he bought it though, right?

Why worry that he's in it for profit? It's not like he's taking huge dividends while borrowing a shit load on the strength of the fanbase to maintain appearances.

ohh im the cock , ok .

aye, the only opinion that counts is anything you can put a slant on to make the ex board look like the anti-Christ and the worst football club board there has ever been

Tbf you're the only one obsessed with the old board, the rest of us have moved on.

sorry, but I didn't realise that last season was our worst ever premiership points tally just yet, must be killing people like you to admit it.

The man made £29m in two months on his Adidas shares, he lost over £100m on his HBOS shares. Given the amount of profit he could hope to make on our club and the amount of time he has to spend on us I don't think profit is his motivation. I still reckon we're a billionaire's toy thing.

Guest alex

He buys, 1000 pints and chances are that will inspire some people to buy a £40 shirt. If Ashley has bought us for a profit then fair play. The best money to be made is from winning things and the international fan base that success provides.

Gate receipts and Television money wont exactly put us too far ahead of the pack.

Even Spurs league cup win will have earned them a fortune & there is a fair difference between earnings between a Club that finishes 6th and a club that finishes 12th.

Success = Money

That's one way of doing it, yes. Another way is running a tight ship, getting the wage bill down and having mid-table stability then selling at a profit. Again, I'm not saying he'll do that but I think you're wrong in the idea that spending loads to try and be successful is the only way Ashley can profit from all this. On the contrary, the latter is arguably a lot more risky. Depends why he bought us though.

ohh im the cock , ok .

sorry, but I didn't realise that last season was our worst ever premiership points tally just yet, must be killing people like you to admit it.

I thought we matched the total from Shepherd's last year in charge. If anyone brought us to that all time low it was him. Ashley has maintained it this year. But probably could have exceeded it if he'd got rid of Shepherd's man earlier.

ohh im the cock , ok .

Yes it was last season and we equalled it this season, solely down to the fact that Allardyce was in charge for over half the season. And who was it appointed him?

Like I said, it's in the past and I have to wish to discuss it further.

Edited by ewerk

Guest alex

The man made £29m in two months on his Adidas shares, he lost over £100m on his HBOS shares. Given the amount of profit he could hope to make on our club and the amount of time he has to spend on us I don't think profit is his motivation. I still reckon we're a billionaire's toy thing.

That's sound logic tbf and I hope you're right.

Success = Money

That's one way of doing it, yes. Another way is running a tight ship, getting the wage bill down and having mid-table stability then selling at a profit. Again, I'm not saying he'll do that but I think you're wrong in the idea that spending loads to try and be successful is the only way Ashley can profit from all this. On the contrary, the latter is arguably a lot more risky. Depends why he bought us though.

Yeh I would like to think that it is long term and not just a billionaires mid life crisis.

I can't see why he would maintain us a mid table club and sell because I'm sure any prospective buyer wants success and doesn't want to hear otherwise. Someone like Ashley needs good advisers to get success out of a football club because he doesn;t know enough about it.

Bringing Keegan back has probably had a positive influence and was probably a good call as replica shirt sales and ticket sales probably went up but Ashley can't expect instant success without a major shake up in the way we do things.

I'm not a subscriber to the almost Orwellian top four theory, yes they have dominated for a while but football is football and teams can under perform and things can change.