Don't shoot the messenger but

Jusoda Kid

I love how every thread has the potential to turn into a Ashley vs Shepherd and the halls thread :icon_lol:

I want Ashley to succeed just as much as the next guy, but these misrepresentations to slate the old board for anything they can think of doesn't half make me smile. Not to mention forgetting all about the Champions League qualifications, 2 FA Cup Finals, and the top players ie trophy players, brought in that got us there.

But you brought up the old board Leazes.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually , he didnt lose those 100m on the hbos , he would have if there share price had stayed down , but it was up the very next day due to investment from the board and talk of scaremongering to drive the pirce down , it was a spreadbet on the share price rising or falling before a certain date , the day it fell the papers were all over it , the day it went back up there was hardly no mention .

to make a profit from the sale of this club he doesnt need to win anything , he could keep us in midtable for the next few seaons , trim the wage bill and outgoings , increase revenue from other things , leisure and entertainment (racecourse guy and fifty club guy) .

with our stadium and average league attendance (even when were shit) we are a really attractive buy .

what did we make from league finish this season ? pennys compared to the 100m income .

The point I was making about HBOS wasn't the figure that he actually lost (though if you want to discuss the ins and outs of spread betting then we can - and the figure was still over £100m) but the fact that he can throw that sort of money around to speculate, we are small fry compared to the rest of his business empire.

The clubs income comes from 3 main areas: TV, matchday revenue and commercial income. All three of these will go down if he starts cutting costs on the field, it's as simple as that. A football club is not a business where you can streamline and then sell off for a profit, it just doesn't work like that.

I love how every thread has the potential to turn into a Ashley vs Shepherd and the halls thread :icon_lol:

I want Ashley to succeed just as much as the next guy, but these misrepresentations to slate the old board for anything they can think of doesn't half make me smile. Not to mention forgetting all about the Champions League qualifications, 2 FA Cup Finals, and the top players ie trophy players, brought in that got us there.

Yeah I know what got us where we are & I'm happy to be playing Premier League football.I'm aware of everything they have done, successes and the third biggest ground in the country.

But I can't excuse some of the Post Robson decisions.

Souness

Roeder

Fat Sam

Were going to keep us mid table.

Guest alex

I think the Shepherd regime had probably run its course too and a change was best for the club. We seemed to possibly be in a downward spiral and a bit of a rut at best.

Yeah I know what got us where we are & I'm happy to be playing Premier League football.I'm aware of everything they have done, successes and the third biggest ground in the country.

But I can't excuse some of the Post Robson decisions.

Souness

Roeder

Fat Sam

Were going to keep us mid table.

To be fair, only Souness was a bad appointment IMO. Of course with hindsight the others didn't work out, but at the time we appointed them, Roeder had got us into Europe and Allardyce seemed like a good choice.

Souness baffled me though and even though I supported him once I'd got over the shock, appointing him was about the stupidest thing anyone's ever done ever.

Fact is, he had a shit transfer window last summer, and people like you told us all, that in the past, that was all the fault of the fat bastard.

On the contrary, I don't think we had a terrible transfer window last summer. As much as Allardyce was useless he did bring in a number of decent players in Beye, Faye, Enrique, Viduka and recently even Barton has been performing recently (Geremi, despite his failings, has also chipped in with a few assists). Unfortunately it was Keegan who has got a lot of the players to reach their potential, something Allardyce couldn't do.

sorry, but the lowest points total and the acute lack of goals until Keegan put together Viduka, Martins and Shepherds trophy signing, tells the story.

And ironically, it was the trophy signings goals that probably kept us up. Fancy that eh.

:icon_lol: I still don't see how you can justify having a go at the board based on the fact that we've got our lowest ever points tally when the exact same thing happened under the Shepherd regime.

........ eerrr.........the Halls and Shepherd, unless you are another person who thinks the majority shareholder allows someone else to appoint the managers and run the club himself.

Wish I had a quid for all the fucknuts I've had to point that out to

I am, simply because Freddy complained several times about SJH's lack of input or cash. SJH had been touting his shares around for years prior to Ashley snapping them up.

Who's the fucknut now? :D

actually , he didnt lose those 100m on the hbos , he would have if there share price had stayed down , but it was up the very next day due to investment from the board and talk of scaremongering to drive the pirce down , it was a spreadbet on the share price rising or falling before a certain date , the day it fell the papers were all over it , the day it went back up there was hardly no mention .

to make a profit from the sale of this club he doesnt need to win anything , he could keep us in midtable for the next few seaons , trim the wage bill and outgoings , increase revenue from other things , leisure and entertainment (racecourse guy and fifty club guy) .

with our stadium and average league attendance (even when were shit) we are a really attractive buy .

what did we make from league finish this season ? pennys compared to the 100m income .

The point I was making about HBOS wasn't the figure that he actually lost (though if you want to discuss the ins and outs of spread betting then we can - and the figure was still over £100m) but the fact that he can throw that sort of money around to speculate, we are small fry compared to the rest of his business empire.

The clubs income comes from 3 main areas: TV, matchday revenue and commercial income. All three of these will go down if he starts cutting costs on the field, it's as simple as that. A football club is not a business where you can streamline and then sell off for a profit, it just doesn't work like that.

no your right , he doesnt mind taking a gamble with his money , altho i think that hbos spreadbet was more calculated than his exploits at the roulette wheel .

i firmly expected the guy to come in and started parking tanks on the lawn , commercial ties with his other interests and all the fluff that comes with it .

as it is tho , its very easy to cut the fat out of this club within a couple of year and sell for a profit , remove the debt and reduce the wage go's a long long way to that , the tv and commerical money wouldnt have suffered much in the time its takes todo that . he certainly didnt pay over the odds for this club , hidden debt or not .

Fact is, he had a shit transfer window last summer, and people like you told us all, that in the past, that was all the fault of the fat bastard.

On the contrary, I don't think we had a terrible transfer window last summer. As much as Allardyce was useless he did bring in a number of decent players in Beye, Faye, Enrique, Viduka and recently even Barton has been performing recently (Geremi, despite his failings, has also chipped in with a few assists). Unfortunately it was Keegan who has got a lot of the players to reach their potential, something Allardyce couldn't do.

sorry, but the lowest points total and the acute lack of goals until Keegan put together Viduka, Martins and Shepherds trophy signing, tells the story.

And ironically, it was the trophy signings goals that probably kept us up. Fancy that eh.

:icon_lol: I still don't see how you can justify having a go at the board based on the fact that we've got our lowest ever points tally when the exact same thing happened under the Shepherd regime.

........ eerrr.........the Halls and Shepherd, unless you are another person who thinks the majority shareholder allows someone else to appoint the managers and run the club himself.

I am, simply because Freddy complained several times about SJH's lack of input or cash. SJH had been touting his shares around for years prior to Ashley snapping them up.

Well, actually, Sir John, for allowing someone else to manage his multi million pound business completely without any input.

If you really believe that.

And, if you DO believe it ..............

Well, actually, Sir John, for allowing someone else to manage his multi million pound business completely without any input.

If you really believe that.

And, if you DO believe it ..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6284653.stm

Doesn't really say "Hands on majority shareholder" to me, like.

Unless you're trying to claim those comments were some sort of ruse from Fat Fred

SJH ran NUFC until the day Ashley's deal was closed out. All the sackings and hirings were done with his approval. I know for one that sacking Robson was a Wynyard call.

no your right , he doesnt mind taking a gamble with his money , altho i think that hbos spreadbet was more calculated than his exploits at the roulette wheel .

i firmly expected the guy to come in and started parking tanks on the lawn , commercial ties with his other interests and all the fluff that comes with it .

as it is tho , its very easy to cut the fat out of this club within a couple of year and sell for a profit , remove the debt and reduce the wage go's a long long way to that , the tv and commerical money wouldnt have suffered much in the time its takes todo that . he certainly didnt pay over the odds for this club , hidden debt or not .

So why would a guy who casually gambles many millions hesitate to throw transfer money at KK (if that is the case)??

So why would a guy who casually gambles many millions hesitate to throw transfer money at KK (if that is the case)??

Good post, Parksenmeiser :icon_lol:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

good question actually. Why not ?

So what was that money for Modric all about?

don't know, why did Keegan make those comments ?

don't know, why did Keegan make those comments ?

Don't know mate. :icon_lol:

The comments that the top 4 are a million miles away? Probably because they are.

and one person realises the quicker we catch them the better, while the other says not ?

Great eh.

Are Ashley and Mort to blame for us not being near the top 4 at the moment?

We would need backing a hell of a lot more than we ever had before to catch them now and its not just them, a lot of teams have a lot of money these days (Spurs, Pompey, Villa, Manchester City etc..).

• 1 year later...

Bump! Remember this

The craic I heard last night from a lad who is well in with the all the youngings at the club, and I have no reason to doubt, reckons the club is well in the shit.

1. Ashley has no intention of spending big and instead wants to bring in youngsters who he can sell on for profit, sees it purely as a business.

2. Massive arguments going on all the time up there between KK and the board.

3. Ashley plans to sell up and wants to buy Tottenham.

4. Is quite happy to see Spurs pip us for players as thats where his interest lies.

5. Zog is off to liverpool but spurs are still interested so they could end up fighting it out for him.

Find a lot of it hard to believe but this kid is close friends with a lot of the youngsters including Zog and he's not the type to lie.

Not sure if the team sheet has been released but he reckons martins is out and there'll be a young dutch kid (Frank) on the bench today so we'll see how reliable he is.