Peep Show series five

Worried this might now turn out to be the inevitable 'series too far'. Had the same concern prior to 4 but fortunately that turned out to be class. This one is struggling a bit though. *Self-flagellates*

Series 6 has already been commissioned.

This series was commissioned just as the last one went out IIRC. Doesn't exactly make the writers work for their ratings really, does it?

If they can keep the standard up then great, but I hope they know when to stop. All the best series do - Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, Blackadder.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, Father Ted would have really struggled with a 4th series.

Some of series three is absolute genius (just look at my sig) but they stopped at the right time.

They had to re-edit the last episode, it (and Father Ted itself) was going to end with Ted topping himself alongside that depressed priest played by Tommy Tiernan. Wouldn't have been very sensitive so they replaced that scene with a montage.

Edited by luckyluke

Worried this might now turn out to be the inevitable 'series too far'. Had the same concern prior to 4 but fortunately that turned out to be class. This one is struggling a bit though. *Self-flagellates*

I think it'll turn out pretty good overall, and even an average Peep Show series will be a lot better than most other things.

To be honest I wasn't that keen on Series 3 when it was on the tv, but once I'd watched them again on dvd they really grew on me. Can see this series doing the same. They should get Mark's sister back in for an episode, it was brilliant the last time she was in it.

In fairness, Father Ted would have really struggled with a 4th series.

Some of series three is absolute genius (just look at my sig) but they stopped at the right time.

They had to re-edit the last episode, it (and Father Ted itself) was going to end with Ted topping himself alongside that depressed priest played by Tommy Tiernan. Wouldn't have been very sensitive so they replaced that scene with a montage.

Alot of people didnt realise they'd already decided to end it whilst he was still alive and had said at best they might have been tempted into either 1 or 2 specials.

As for Peep Show i think it can take another series after this one and still produce enough quality, but it could well be that it should end with the 6th series.

That's right. Dance, dance the night away. But you'll pay me back Jeremy, even if you end up dancing in cages at fetish bars....

Edited by Sima

It's definitely on the slide, every episode ends with 'we've only got each other' or similar. Going nowhere tbh.

This series seems very dark and as you say the endings are very narrow.

It's definitely on the slide, every episode ends with 'we've only got each other' or similar. Going nowhere tbh.

This series seems very dark and as you say the endings are very narrow.

...and the way he nearly always looks perplexed in close ups.. :icon_lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I love the way they plugged the DVD release over the end credits. It's like they know their target audience is sad fucks with nothing better to do than stay at home on a Friday night then trade Peep Show quotes with their mates on an Internet messageboard.

Hm. :yes