Benfica's Simao

Yogic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A better quality euro team would have burried them tonight, they have no chance against the best teams out there.

40015[/snapback]

You should never write them off though. Liverpool won the thing last season and they were absolute gash.

40018[/snapback]

I've written them and the arse off at the start of every single CL season they have been in and i've been right everytime for the arse and only wrong once with main, not a bad average against the so-called experts! :lol:

And for those wanting to make a bet, i'm writing both of them off again in the CL this year. :D

They can't make the step up to having to play on an even field where euro refs don't give them everything like the prem lot do and when it comes to playing the very best teams, the absence of the refs bailing them out is very costly.

40022[/snapback]

I agree with those remarks re Arse.

Presumably you wrote Liverpool off last season though too so that would make two times that you've been wrong. :blink:

40023[/snapback]

Yes i did indeed at the start of the CL, to be fair i write off any english teams in europe as i don't expect them to win the CL or the UEFA.

With Liverpool though after their CL quarter final i did say on a thread on whichever board we were using back then that they could go and win it though i wasn't sure why, just a feeling!

A better quality euro team would have burried them tonight, they have no chance against the best teams out there.

40015[/snapback]

You should never write them off though. Liverpool won the thing last season and they were absolute gash.

40018[/snapback]

I've written them and the arse off at the start of every single CL season they have been in and i've been right everytime for the arse and only wrong once with main, not a bad average against the so-called experts! B)

And for those wanting to make a bet, i'm writing both of them off again in the CL this year. :D

They can't make the step up to having to play on an even field where euro refs don't give them everything like the prem lot do and when it comes to playing the very best teams, the absence of the refs bailing them out is very costly.

40022[/snapback]

Presumably you wrote Liverpool off last season though too so that would make two times that you've been wrong. B)

40023[/snapback]

Yes i did indeed at the start of the CL, to be fair i write off any english teams in europe as i don't expect them to win the CL or the UEFA.

With Liverpool though after their CL quarter final i did say on a thread on whichever board we were using back then that they could go and win it though i wasn't sure why, just a feeling!

40031[/snapback]

Ahh, that good old word that leaves so many options open! :lol:

You remind me of someone :blink:;)

40015[/snapback]

40018[/snapback]

I've written them and the arse off at the start of every single CL season they have been in and i've been right everytime for the arse and only wrong once with main, not a bad average against the so-called experts! B)

40022[/snapback]

Presumably you wrote Liverpool off last season though too so that would make two times that you've been wrong. B)

40023[/snapback]

40031[/snapback]

Ahh, that good old word that leaves so many options open! :lol:

You remind me of someone :blink:B)

40035[/snapback]

Please say Leazes ;)

I predict Chelsea will win the CL.

And the premiership.

40072[/snapback]

Yeah, they 'could'. :D

40101[/snapback]

:lol:

I agree about that old get out of jail chestnut!

I'm not saying could though. At this rate Chelsea will win the lot AND the X factor AND the Tory leadership!

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

Reading the Guardian today the leader of the IMUSA had the temerity to say the fans showed their disgust after "years of mediocrity" :lol:

39992[/snapback]

Coke aal ower keyboard. Years of mediocrity? Fuck me gently. :D

40115[/snapback]

That sort of thing just makes you pray they get totally fucked over by Glazer.

i thought Manu played well and deserved to win

Arsenal on the other hand were lucky and that was a disgusting dive by Reyes - UEFA should ban him for such play acting

cant wait for tonights game though

Arsenal on the other hand were lucky and that was a disgusting dive by Reyes - UEFA should ban him for such play acting

40134[/snapback]

I only watched the Arsenal game and thought they played okay. Ajax huffed and puffed but didn't really threaten Arsenal imo.

The Reyes dive was just that, but I would expect, nay demand, Owen to do exactly the same in a similar situation.

40134[/snapback]

I only watched the Arsenal game and thought they played okay. Ajax huffed and puffed but didn't really threaten Arsenal imo.

The Reyes dive was just that, but I would expect, nay demand, Owen to do exactly the same in a similar situation.

40163[/snapback]

No Chelsea players ever dive though :D

Robben does, Duff falls down a tad easy for my liking (but doesnt dive as such)

I hate diving, i can understand that a dive might bring the team a penalty and make them win the Champions League, but when you have so many quality players in your team and are capable of churning out a result with fair play then why fall down like a rag doll and make a fool of yourself?

Sure, if Robben dives in the Final and we win due to that penalty im not going to complain - no Chelsea fan will - but it pinches me everytime he does and i feel he is such an exceptional player that he can rip a defense apart singlehandedly and doesnt need to resort to such play.

Robben does, Duff falls down a tad easy for my liking (but doesnt dive as such)

I hate diving, i can understand that a dive might bring the team a penalty and make them win the Champions League, but when you have so many quality players in your team and are capable of churning out a result with fair play then why fall down like a rag doll and make a fool of yourself?

Sure, if Robben dives in the Final and we win due to that penalty im not going to complain - no Chelsea fan will - but it pinches me everytime he does and i feel he is such an exceptional player that he can rip a defense apart singlehandedly and doesnt need to resort to such play.

40167[/snapback]

Defenders resort to foul play, which they in turn get away with too, from time to time. It evens itself out. Sad but true perhaps. I do, however, differentiate between going down easily when you are fouled (ok) and going down when no contact has been made (not ok).

Going down with no contact is - a dive

Going down with minimal contact (a finger touches your jersey) - a dive

Going down with resonable contact - is down to the person, if they are lightweight they might be fouled, if they are heavyweight they are just looking for that free kick

I think the issue has been blown in the Media and that makes it ever more present in each game. All players are trying to win a freekick for their team, and these days if you touch a defender its a foul but if you get a shoulder push in MF and get the ball stolen it isnt -- everything evens itself out through the progress of the game - but a blatent dive (like reyes last night or diof last season) can turn a game around and thats pathetic

Have to say i've only seen a brief glimpse of the Reyes penalty but it looked as though it was one of those where he saw the keepr coming and sort of waited for the keepers arm/hand and went down, which for me is a penalty and not a dive, though i could do with another look.

Have to say i've only seen a brief glimpse of the Reyes penalty but it looked as though it was one of those where he saw the keepr coming and sort of waited for the keepers arm/hand and went down, which for me is a penalty and not a dive, though i could do with another look.

40366[/snapback]

Tino V Barca, and I know what I was shouting; 'PENALTY YOU FUCKERS!'

40387[/snapback]

As we all were. Although, my shout had a little more decorum to it i.e. ''I say referee, old chap, surely that challenge merits a penalty kick for our team?''

40366[/snapback]

40387[/snapback]

He did back it up though later on with one of the best headers I have ever seen tbh.

sorry to bring it up but stevie taylor is one of the worst divers in the league! the one a couple of weeks ago was comical, not to mention the whole 'shot through the heart' bon jovi routine. for such a tough lad he should be ashamed, could you have seen stuart pearce doing that

sorry to bring it up but stevie taylor is one of the worst divers in the league! the one a couple of weeks ago was comical, not to mention the whole 'shot through the heart' bon jovi routine. for such a tough lad he should be ashamed, could you have seen stuart pearce doing that

40561[/snapback]

Aye, the one against Blackburn you mean? What a tart! The one against Villa last year was comedy genius though.