If ye really really HUD tae pick

Guest The Beast

who would yees pick between celtic and rangers?

my da had me supporting newcastle and celtic from up here and he was from geordie-land originally

39294[/snapback]

When I was kid I had a soft spot for Rangers. Then I reached double figures in age and grew up, then knowing how bloody ridiculous it is to support a team because of religion. Sadly, that doesnt appear to be the case with all too many. I think it started with my mate who went to a catholic school being almost kicked out because he wore a Rangers scarf to school once.

I mean - have you ever heard anything so f****** unbelieveable and pathetic ? At my school (Benfield Rd) you could just about walk around covered in Celtic scarves and no bugger would have said a thing - laughed, mind yes. But not went to the insane extremes of St Augustines. ;)

39484[/snapback]

Thing is, its not all about religious hatred, for most its just about supporting their team, just like any other city. True, there are a sizable proportion of people who bring the religion bollocks into it, but this is by no means universal. Ask yourself the question, if you were from Glasgow, who would you support? Probably not Partick.....

The way some people get worked up on here about the religious hate in Glasgow is quite funny really. In my experience it is no worse than the local hate shown between us and the mackems. For instance, I bet I could wear a hooped top safely in 80% of the bars in Glasgow, if I wore black and white stripes in Sunderland I'd get chinned for sure.

When I was a kid I had a soft spot for Aberdeen, after Eric Black scored the winner in the Cup Winners Cup final.

39487[/snapback]

Who's that on your avatar btw?

39556[/snapback]

Lee Miller.

my da had me supporting newcastle and celtic from up here and he was from geordie-land originally

39294[/snapback]

When I was kid I had a soft spot for Rangers. Then I reached double figures in age and grew up, then knowing how bloody ridiculous it is to support a team because of religion. Sadly, that doesnt appear to be the case with all too many. I think it started with my mate who went to a catholic school being almost kicked out because he wore a Rangers scarf to school once.

I mean - have you ever heard anything so f****** unbelieveable and pathetic ? At my school (Benfield Rd) you could just about walk around covered in Celtic scarves and no bugger would have said a thing - laughed, mind yes. But not went to the insane extremes of St Augustines. :D

39484[/snapback]

Thing is, its not all about religious hatred, for most its just about supporting their team, just like any other city. True, there are a sizable proportion of people who bring the religion bollocks into it, but this is by no means universal. Ask yourself the question, if you were from Glasgow, who would you support? Probably not Partick.....

The way some people get worked up on here about the religious hate in Glasgow is quite funny really. In my experience it is no worse than the local hate shown between us and the mackems. For instance, I bet I could wear a hooped top safely in 80% of the bars in Glasgow, if I wore black and white stripes in Sunderland I'd get chinned for sure.

39553[/snapback]

You never been to Duke street then.

The bigotry in Glasgow on match days is horrendous and fights break out every time. Stabbings are also a regular occurence. You cannot compare the acts that go on at Glasgow games to anything that happens in the premiership anymore.

When I was a kid I had a soft spot for Aberdeen, after Eric Black scored the winner in the Cup Winners Cup final.

39487[/snapback]

Who's that on your avatar btw?

39556[/snapback]

Lee Miller.

39558[/snapback]

I thought it was Bergkamp with really big fluffy headphones on.

39294[/snapback]

I mean - have you ever heard anything so f****** unbelieveable and pathetic ? At my school (Benfield Rd) you could just about walk around covered in Celtic scarves and no bugger would have said a thing - laughed, mind yes. But not went to the insane extremes of St Augustines. :D

39484[/snapback]

39553[/snapback]

The bigotry in Glasgow on match days is horrendous and fights break out every time. Stabbings are also a regular occurence. You cannot compare the acts that go on at Glasgow games to anything that happens in the premiership anymore.

40485[/snapback]

Well maybe I am a bit out of touch on the Glasgow football scene - but my comment about wearing a toon shirt in Sunderland still applies.

My Uncle had told me about the increase in knife crimes mind - quite frightening.

The way both sets of fans go on about the whole thing makes me fucking sick, backward inbred cunts if you ask me. :D

My mother married a jock (celtic), not a bad bloke. Anyway they went up scotland a few years back for New Years eve, having a good night at some function when all of a sudden they all start chanting these religious songs and rolling there trouser legs up. My mother was disgusted and vowed never to go back again and mix with these neanderthal fuckas. I mean what fucking century are these cunts living in.

39294[/snapback]

39484[/snapback]

39553[/snapback]

40485[/snapback]

Well maybe I am a bit out of touch on the Glasgow football scene - but my comment about wearing a toon shirt in Sunderland still applies.

My Uncle had told me about the increase in knife crimes mind - quite frightening.

40492[/snapback]

Glasgow is very bad at the moment. True about the toon tops in Sunderland but same can definitely be said for a lot of places in Glasgow. Parkhead, Duke street, Bridgeton, Govan etal