Newcastle vs Reading 3pm Kick Off

Guest BigThompers

Just got back, what a game! we totally played them off the park I'm over the moon Keegans really got the lads playing football, shows how truely shit Allardyce was, the whole team were quality today and some of the passing was tremendous like watching Arsenal at times, really enjoying going to games now rather than dreading it like I did under Allardyce, Souness etc. Keegan is showing the doubters he is a fine manager. Also great to see the lads having a laugh after the goals with the Martins - Faye dance and Beye picking Owen up then acting as a cheerleader for the Leazes end :lol: all 3 goals were brilliant finishes and what a player Enrique looks really powerful and Beye of course was quality again. Geremi, Butt and Barton also worked well in midfield. To think the 4-3-3 was a shambles under Allardyce but with Keegans attacking and passing mentalities it's really working, roll on Pompey lets hope they have one eye on keeping fit for the final.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also just back. Good game, some displays worth highlighting, namely Beye, Enrique and Barton. Martins had a mich better game I thought though faded late on but then I think we backed off a bit in a way. Edgar had a tidy game as well like.

Beye is gonna be a real hero if he continues in that vein - he was fantastic and his celebration and salute to the crowd afer was awesome - the boy is class - nicky butt was sensational as well - all in all a great team performance and those nonces on sky and bbc (caught the end of sky with that cockney twat saying 2-0 was harsh at half time on reading)are talking shite - we cuffed them at a canter-they had one chance after two minutes and that was it

download the first one fine, but wants to run the video in a firefox tab for the other two, tried saving link as, but that doesn't work either.

Right on cue, these popped up on Soccerpule. Havent tried them yet:

credit Kooora.com

edit: Jimbo \o/

Seriously man, that commentator. :lol:

Martins Martins Martins !!!!

Sounds like Gemmill on the vinegar strokes :(

TBF Reading did have some decent posession (especially early on) and did force a lot of corners (which Faye delt excellently with). But they were never a threat whereas we always looked like we could go on and score more (and would have if we hadn't took our foot off the gas).

Agree with comments on Beye and Enrique with Beye being my MOM. I think we have a good pair of fullbacks there that will both get better next season. Faye was also strong although he was rarely pressured.

The front three are looking good with each one providing something different. I think Viduka probably needs replacing with someone more mobile next season (Crouch would be worth a punt imo) but I do think he does a good job allowing the other two to do damage.

Overall a decent performance which all but confirms our premiership status and gives us a good platform for next week when hopefully Portsmouth will have one eye on the cup final.

Fantastic. Just goes to show that the problem was Allardyce. It's the same players, but they look totally different. They're playing for one another, they're confident on the ball. I caught myself grinning like an idiot at the match today, due to the way we were playing. I've not done that in a long time. It feels good.

MOM, Beye.

Guest Stevie
Match thread...

Twenty past two and you're predictably in your Durham postcode, have you ever even been?

I think Coppell must be having a laugh when he said they didn't deserve to be losing at half time, they had two half chances and that was it.

Not very often I post my thoughts on a Saturday night in complete sobriety but here goes. The confidence is clearly flowing through the side now, Edgar didn't look out of place, Beye's pass was sublime, Geremi can actually cross the ball, but for me I think Jose Enrique encapsulates Sam Allardyce's Newcastle, and Keegan's Newcastle. Under Allardyce, he was clearly restricted, nervous, inhibited, scared of making a mistake. With Keegan he gets it, he plays with freedom, his passing is superb, he's comfortable on the ball, and he has immense strength, During Fat Sam's reign we saw nothing of this. He was a young lad, moving to a new country in and out the team replaced by someone who isn't even a natural defender, bollocked by his manager in public at some games, in a sterile system, with a team that looked shit. No wonder his confidence was shot, he must've thought I bet these fans think am shite. The real Enrique is coming through now, and I'm absolutely convinced the 6m will be worth it. To all people who still defend Sam, you're wanks.