How hard was it for Shola to miss?

Rob W

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearer should have given up last season of course...... but what would have happened - we'd all have been screaming for him to come back after the first 5 games this year

With luck opposition sides will concentrate on Owen and Al will get some more goals - he certainly looked better on Saturday - he will gradually fade away this season as the rest of them (hopefully) start to gel

and Ameobi's??????????????????

Total waste of space

39445[/snapback]

I've already said I don't think Shola is good enough, I just don't like the hypocrisy of certain fans, i.e. Shearer fucks up - silence. Shola - howls of derision. Give the lad a break (at the match I mean, here is the place to be critical, if you must).

39448[/snapback]

What bollocks Alex - how many times have you heard in the last 2 seasons people sniping at Big Al ? Regularly mate. Easily as much as at Shola. Or maybe I'm too sensitive on Sheraers behalf. I mean - look at the comment a couple of posts before you - having a dig at Al saying he wouldn't have been close enough to miss ("our 35 year old" - what have you done for me lately, eh ?) ;)

39488[/snapback]

Not where I sit and I've never heard howls of derision against him. I thought it was pretty obvious I meant at the match.

39489[/snapback]

Fair comment, and that I won't argue with as its about right. Away from the match, however the floodgates open.

39491[/snapback]

I have to say though, as much as Shearer has done in a Newcastle shirt throughout his career, a lot of the criticism he's now getting is justified based on his current faded ability.

Some bloke in my end looked at me as if I was stupid when I had the audacity to criticise Shearer last season.

39492[/snapback]

You're sure that's definately the reason? ;)

39550[/snapback]

I'll set em up......

We all know Shearer's recent record stinks tbh.

39429[/snapback]

Shearer's excuse is that he's 35 and has had injuries that would have made most players retire, despite being the all time Premireship goal scorer.

Whats Shola's ?

He is simply not good enough.

We all know Shearer's recent record stinks tbh.

39429[/snapback]

Shearer's excuse is that he's 35 and has had injuries that would have made most players retire, despite being the all time Premireship goal scorer.

Whats Shola's ?

He is simply not good enough.

39569[/snapback]

That is his excuse ;)

At the match Alex is totally correct, Shearer never gets knocked and usually has his name chanted after missing a chance whereas Shola gets loads of abuse. They should both be supported at the match as its not going to help any player getting stick on matchday.

However away from the match and on message boards Big al has had his share of stick over the last year or two.

Have to say much though i have criticised Shearer (when its been justified) the presence of Owen and perhaps the goal/win has really seemed to liven him up. Against man city i saw Shearer chasing down balls and charging at defenders faster and with more enthusiasm than in a long time, he looked much more like we'd expect. He also won more ball without conceding free kicks and could yet play a few more games than i thought.

However he still does need rest as he usually fades later on in the season and he still needs a few more goals which hopefully will come soon.

This is why i want another striker here, or have to hope that Dyer and Luque (when fit) are going to do enough as strikers if played there.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Only total idiots think ameobi in any way resembles a football player. But there are plenty on this board that's for sure.

39946[/snapback]

Not many here actually think he is good, more than he comes in for some unfair treatment.

Only total idiots think ameobi in any way resembles a football player. But there are plenty on this board that's for sure.

39946[/snapback]

Can we place these idiots in the same category as the people who haven't really read the posts in this thread?

The problem Shola has now is that there are certain sections of the crowd, a fair size, who are WAITING for him to fuck up, who actually want him to fuck up. You can feel the tension and the vultures about to swoop whenever he gets near the ball. I don't think it's helped him and may be one of the many reasons he's got no better over the past couple of years. You try doing something right when everyone expects you do it wrong. I don't rate him, but I admire his bottle for putting up with the uncalled for shit he takes at the match. He's the easy target boo boy, and Shearer's demise has made him more of a target imo.

The problem Shola has now is that there are certain sections of the crowd, a fair size, who are WAITING for him to fuck up, who actually want him to fuck up. You can feel the tension and the vultures about to swoop whenever he gets near the ball. I don't think it's helped him and may be one of the many reasons he's got no better over the past couple of years. You try doing something right when everyone expects you do it wrong. I don't rate him, but I admire his bottle for putting up with the uncalled for shit he takes at the match. He's the easy target boo boy, and Shearer's demise has made him more of a target imo.

40119[/snapback]

ABout the last bit, I'm not sure I agree. If Shearer was still knocking them in, I think it may be a lot worse for Ameobi. In fact, arguably he is getting his chance now but still not taking it.

40119[/snapback]

ABout the last bit, I'm not sure I agree. If Shearer was still knocking them in, I think it may be a lot worse for Ameobi. In fact, arguably he is getting his chance now but still not taking it.

40154[/snapback]

A section of fans, well, most of us, are frustrated that Shearer is not the player he is. But as you know, there are a few who see Shearer as doing no wrong and cannot bring themselves to critiscise him....so they move eyes right to the far less talented gangly kid next to him and vent the built up frustration on him. If Shearer was knocking them away there would be less pressure on scoring therefore taking the heat off Shola imo. Like I say, I don't rate him, but it's become a boring weekly occurance the shit Shola takes at the match and has gone ott.

Hey, let's all have a go at Shola.

38883[/snapback]

Well, if you insist....

39063[/snapback]

Not saying he's good or owt, but the stick he takes is totally unnecessary at times. I didn't think it was a 'sitter'.

39071[/snapback]

I don't either, the pass slightly forced him to let it go across him and wide the angle

Just in from the game (the only time I can travel only 45 mins to see us play) and Shola was fucking terrible. Yet another performance where he had the look of just not giving a fuck. The only time he appears to show any effort are when he's already a mile offside and seems to be pretending he didn't notice just how far ahead of the defence he's got himself.

I'd say sell him, but no one's stupid enough to buy him. Just fucking get rid of him.

Just in from the game (the only time I can travel only 45 mins to see us play) and Shola was fucking terrible. Yet another performance where he had the look of just not giving a fuck. The only time he appears to show any effort are when he's already a mile offside and seems to be pretending he didn't notice just how far ahead of the defence he's got himself.

I'd say sell him, but no one's stupid enough to buy him. Just fucking get rid of him.

41738[/snapback]

How ironic that Carl Cort is standing stong as the Championship To scorer! :lol:

Chopra for number 3 striker asap, and Shola should be the one that we flog off on loan.

Its not just Shola's appalling goals record in the prem and some of his performances its the fact that we've all know for an age that he and Shearer cannot play together. They make each other and the team worse and leave us with nothing in attack unless every single player is on their game which is rare.

It had to be Chopra, or Zog pushed up something like that to give us something up front. If Shearer was injured and Owen was playing you could get away with starting Shola.