P Neville's "attack" on Arsenal

MattM4

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/4277594.stm

Everton's Phil Neville has accused Arsenal of hypocrisy following the row over his tackle on Robert Pires.

The Arsenal star limped off during the first half of the 2-0 win over Everton on Monday and later claimed Neville's challenge was intentional.

But the former Manchester United man has hit back at Pires' comments.

"Arsene Wenger defends his players but there has to be honesty. Look at Arsenal's disciplinary record - the problem lies within," he said.

Pires started the row when he told reporters: "I tackled to get the ball but he didn't. He made the tackle to catch me and he did."

To say I went out to get [Pires] is insulting

Phil Neville

Neville, however, said Pires over-reacted, and claimed the Londoners were in no position to complain after Robert van Persie's red card against FC Thun in the Champions League.

"I made one tackle to win the ball but certain players have made a meal of it. The comments don't surprise me one little bit - some clubs have different agendas," he said.

"And the ref didn't even give a foul, yet all of a sudden I am a thug. Four days before that one of their players nearly took someone's head off and they were all pleading innocence.

"How many times have we had that from Arsenal? I don't need to say any more. Sometimes when you are playing these type of players, they seem to think you are not allowed to tackle them.

"My record over the years, apart from one sending off against Fulham, suggests I am not a dirty player. To say I went out to get him is insulting."

not particularly a Neville fan, but I think he is spot on with his comments here, and love the way he stiring up shit :lol: Highbury is hypocrit land.