Shannon Matthews

Ketsbaia

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you can always take solice in the fact that as long as justice is done by the courts in putting these people away then "proper" justice will always be handed out by their fellow inmates.

From what you hear life as a child killer in a womens prison makes the Shanghai Hilton seem like..well the Hilton.

:jesuswept::

I've read very little about this and plan to keep it that way.

Likewise...

It's not burying my head in the sand, it's simply a case of reading even slightly into it makes my blood boil and i'm not ashamed to say, tears stream down my face.

For those of you who have me on facebook, you'll have probably seen a pic of my son and you'll know that 'Baby P' is an absolute ringer for him and therefore my realisation of what happened to him is even more stark.

The council have fucked up big time, but the close scrutiny of what exactly happen to that poor little fella needs putting to bed. He's dead and sadly no matter what we do, we can't bring him back. (what's even more sad is he's probably better off dead than he ever was when he was alive).

Instead his legacy should be that this never, ever, ever happens again. The people responsible will get what's coming to them, of that I have no doubt. However efforts now need to be focused elsewhere.

I've read very little about this and plan to keep it that way.

Likewise...

It's not burying my head in the sand, it's simply a case of reading even slightly into it makes my blood boil and i'm not ashamed to say, tears stream down my face.

For those of you who have me on facebook, you'll have probably seen a pic of my son and you'll know that 'Baby P' is an absolute ringer for him and therefore my realisation of what happened to him is even more stark.

The council have fucked up big time, but the close scrutiny of what exactly happen to that poor little fella needs putting to bed. He's dead and sadly no matter what we do, we can't bring him back. (what's even more sad is he's probably better off dead than he ever was when he was alive).

Instead his legacy should be that this never, ever, ever happens again. The people responsible will get what's coming to them, of that I have no doubt. However efforts now need to be focused elsewhere.

Exactly the same was said after Victoria Climbie, by same council no less. Something drastic needs doing, they had their chance last time and obviously didnt take extreme enough measures

why?

Same reason I don't watch the beheadings on the internet. What I've been unable to avoid has turned my stomach. I find the media fascination disturbingly morbid too. They play on peoples anger and emotion to stretch a news cycle as long as they can with the most heinous of crimes, but ignore entirely the fact that a child dies every 3 seconds from poverty, hunger, easily preventable diseases and illnesses, and other related causes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Having regard to their low intellect... it must be doubtful whether they could have conceived or continued these offences without the assistance or connivance of others.

"The pre-sentence report in Matthews' case comments that neither defendant seems to have the cognitive ability to devise and orchestrate such an elaborate offence with any degree of likelihood of success."

Sorry, but ;)