Souness explains hamstring curse

chip2388

Malcolm Macdonald is convinced it the boots (with 'blades' rather than studs).

Any evidence to back this up?

38058[/snapback]

Why affect us worse than other clubs though. Like I said, I think it is multifactorial:

Souness and the coaches

The training ground

Players lifestyles off the pitch

Too many crocks who are intrinsically more likely to get ham strung

A lack of commitment for some players to get fit and stay fit

If we're just talking muscle injuries and strains rather than crocks who'd always be injured at any club, as Renton said there are several factors.

the training ground facilities and this pitch could well play a part

shite coaches, fitness people and methods employed is a big part (under Souness and Bobby)

Souness rushing players back cost us dearly

And don't forget the NUFC curse as shown by Luque which was nobody's fault

Overall a better manager and much better coaches will sort most of the problem out and if the facilities are also improved then even better

Malcolm Macdonald is convinced it the boots (with 'blades' rather than studs).

Any evidence to back this up?

38058[/snapback]

It's about time that twat should be put down!

Mirandinha was going to be the greatest player in the history of the English league remember and undoubtely bring us the league championship...

Aye Malcolm, whatever you say.....

If we're just talking muscle injuries and strains rather than crocks who'd always be injured at any club, as Renton said there are several factors.

shite coaches, fitness people and methods employed is a big part (under Souness and Bobby)

Overall a better manager and much better coaches will sort most of the problem out and if the facilities are also improved then even better

38075[/snapback]

Didn't Luque come off injured for Spain in the middle of the week prior to the Fulham game?

38075[/snapback]

Didn't Luque come off injured for Spain in the middle of the week prior to the Fulham game?

38141[/snapback]

That was an ankle knock which had cleared up, he then did his hamstring!

theres a simple solution. bend over and touch your toes for 10seconds before you start playing and again when you finish. its maybe significant that gary speed does all his own stretches before then doing the team warm up. from what i remember he never ahd hamstring trouble the whole time he was here!

The other thing that's changed over the last two years is our manager and coaches of course. I suppose that has nothing to do with it.  :lol:

37874[/snapback]

of course, but some of us predicted he would make all the excuses he could think of rather than blame himself and his appointed staff.

We were called anti Newcastle for it etc etc ...

Now we are predicting nothing will get better until he goes, and we are still being pilloried for it.

Rose tinted specs ©

38003[/snapback]

The people who called you anti-Newcastle for being worried about what Souness might do to the club are tossers, but this isn't black and white, there are many points along the scale. You seem to be polar opposite to those people.

38030[/snapback]

Whatever, but the fact is , unfortunately, I, Renton etc will be the ones who will be right in the end.

Whatever, but the fact is , unfortunately, I, Renton etc will be the ones who will be right in the end.

38246[/snapback]

I think Renton's a top poster on this forum and I often bow to your superior knowledge on football but I think you've lost the plot a little on Souness.

It's all "some of us predicted" this and "rose tinted specs" that.

"Whatever but we're right in the end." Seems a bit close minded doesn't it? Almost like one of thsoe who believes all the propaganda.

38246[/snapback]

I think Renton's a top poster on this forum and I often bow to your superior knowledge on football but I think you've lost the plot a little on Souness.

It's all "some of us predicted" this and "rose tinted specs" that.

"Whatever but we're right in the end." Seems a bit close minded doesn't it? Almost like one of thsoe who believes all the propaganda.

38263[/snapback]

The "propaganda" is the of the Souness orientated type though .....

I don't think I'm close minded at all, I just think I will be proved right in the end.

But I don't expect those who are wearing rose tinted specs © to admit they were wrong, thats all.

Unfortunately, we aren't riding high like we were under Keegan, I wish we were.

And THAT is another area, where facts were distored by "propaganda" among those who dilute down and don't appreciate what he did for the club.

I wonder how many people who say Souness should have more time are also the ones who say things like Keegan "won nowt", or "spent loads of money and jacked in" etc etc...rather inconsistent and blinding themselves to the facts...to compare Keegans team with any team Souness has EVER built, and their individual management skills, is mind boggling ....

The only thing I go by is results mate. Souness is shite, always has been.

Creates problems everywhere he goes. Fact.

And I just cannot see the point in keeping a manager who is not the right man, can you ? Sorry to repeat it as well, but I'm 100% sure he won't match Bobby Robson, never mind Keegan, which is why he's supposed to be here.

38246[/snapback]

You may believe you will be right in the end, and you may we be so....

But to say that you will is very narrow-minded. None of us know what the future holds - 16 years ago, Alex Ferguson was labelled a 'liability' and it was believed by many of the OT supporters that the longer he was in charge, the longer the period without a league championship Man Utd would go...

16 years on, he's delivered 9 championships and has been one of the most successful club managers in the history of the game. Now I'm not saying for one minute that Souness will deliver the same, but I wonder how many fans would have believed you if you'd told them the success he was about to bring?

Not many I wager...

I don't think I'm close minded at all, I just think I will be proved right in the end.

But I don't expect those who are wearing rose tinted specs © to admit they were wrong, thats all.

And THAT is another area, where facts were distored by "propaganda" among those who dilute down and don't appreciate what he did for the club.

I wonder how many people who say Souness should have more time are also the ones who say things like Keegan "won nowt", or "spent loads of money and jacked in" etc etc...rather inconsistent and blinding themselves to the facts...to compare Keegans team with any team Souness has EVER built, and their individual management skills, is mind boggling ....

And I just cannot see the point in keeping a manager who is not the right man, can you ? Sorry to repeat it as well, but I'm 100% sure he won't match Bobby Robson, never mind Keegan, which is why he's supposed to be here.

38274[/snapback]

I think you're talking a fair bit of sense.

I don't think Souness is the answer, I also don't think he's the devil incarnate. There's a few on here (though really not many) who are not listening to the facts, there always is. I'm just saying you seem to have become as nad as them on the other side. When's the last time you gave any ground in this debate?

I just think you're being OTT, but at least you're not being HTT!

38246[/snapback]

You may believe you will be right in the end, and you may we be so....

But to say that you will is very narrow-minded. None of us know what the future holds - 16 years ago, Alex Ferguson was labelled a 'liability' and it was believed by many of the OT supporters that the longer he was in charge, the longer the period without a league championship Man Utd would go...

16 years on, he's delivered 9 championships and has been one of the most successful club managers in the history of the game. Now I'm not saying for one minute that Souness will deliver the same, but I wonder how many fans would have believed you if you'd told them the success he was about to bring?

Not many I wager...

38276[/snapback]

I was up in Scotland, near Aberdeen, when he was manager there. I saw what he did, and what he was like, I wanted us to get him matey

Saying that I will be right in the end, is a retort to those who I feel are wrong to say Souness should be given more time, and the absured notion that it means me and the others who think the same actually want Newcastle to lose, when all we want is what we think is the best for the club, the same as everyone. Because - pretty much all of us said when he came he would alienate our flair players and take us down the league...so why have they changed their tune? - all myself and other like Renton are saying is we stick by our original opinion.

Edited by LeazesMag

38274[/snapback]

I think you're talking a fair bit of sense.

I don't think Souness is the answer, I also don't think he's the devil incarnate. There's a few on here (though really not many) who are not listening to the facts, there always is. I'm just saying you seem to have become as nad as them on the other side. When's the last time you gave any ground in this debate?

I just think you're being OTT, but at least you're not being HTT!

38277[/snapback]

cheers for that mate, I looked at it and thought it was rambling on and wasn't going to post it, then thought "bollix, time for the pub, post it and sort it later"... !!!

Got in late too, just hoping I didn't post any real shite .......

time to get ready for the game today now

Edited by LeazesMag