Newcastle

Yogic

Greetings,

Firstly I am a Chelsea supporter, but I like watching Newcastle and I like the overwhelming support from the fans, thus I am interested in Newcastle's standings and have come here to get a bit involved.

I think you have a fantastic starting 11.

--------------------------Sherar------Owen

------------Luque------Parker--------Emre--------Solano

--------Babayaro----Bmsng-----------Bramble----Carr

----------------------------------Given

Thats a team as good as any and capable of winning a lot of games. I think you got to an unfortunate start. Boomsong made some comical errors and ost you a game or two. You have also been injury hit early on and the failure to sign a striker (untill Owen came) was another setback.

Now the squad looks complete, I would only imagine a new defender be bought in the summer and you are well set. Souness will have to up his tactics which have had question marks this season. Im not sure if he has got it right so far, but having all the players fit will be a boost and im sure he can turn things around.

Iv been saying that Spurs are the team to watch this season, but in all honesty you arent far behind them. Arsenal are not going to finish in the top3 and might even find it difficult to clinch a top4 spot, this means a lot of teams will move up and you have the players to get you a top6 spot - im sure of it.

Good luck this season, Parker is a super player and I was very sad to see him leave. He is a warrior and will give the team his all, I think he has been one of the best players for NUFC this season and his understanding with Emre will be vital in your progress up the table.

Cheers

Have you seen the Sun are offering £10k for the first player to score against Chelsea in the Premiership? Getting a bit stupid isn't it.

I think I'm the only person on here who has a soft spot for Chelsea (tin hat on)

37830[/snapback]

No, I do too :lol:

I like Mourinho and I think they have a certain swagger which appeals.

The Newcastle of the south?!

Have you seen the Sun are offering £10k for the first player to score against Chelsea in the Premiership? Getting a bit stupid isn't it.

I think I'm the only person on here who has a soft spot for Chelsea (tin hat on)

37830[/snapback]

It might not be pretty but it wins games. When I saw Chelsea up here in the League Cup for the first time I came to the conlcusion that they were going to be pretty awful to watch, very difficult to score against, and had a pool of match winners that would ensure they got maximum points more often than not. It's effective and still working.

I don't like Mourinho and although it's being blown out of proportion by the media at the minute, there's definitely a danger that the league is going to become an annual 38 game victory procession for Chelsea.

The sooner they lose Mourinho and end up with a "normal" manager the better.

I don't like Mourinho and although it's being blown out of proportion by the media at the minute, there's definitely a danger that the league is going to become an annual 38 game victory procession for Chelsea.

37844[/snapback]

These phases happen though. AC Milan in the early 90's were dreadful to watch, but they rarely lost or conceeded a goal and turned Seria A into a one horse race. Chelsea remind me of them. I applaud Wenger for sticking to an atacking team to try and leep the fans entertained, but it comes down to the old argument about would you rather win things or be forever the entertaining bridesmaid. I still can't decide which one I'd want more.

37844[/snapback]

These phases happen though. AC Milan in the early 90's were dreadful to watch, but they rarely lost or conceeded a goal and turned Seria A into a one horse race. Chelsea remind me of them. I applaud Wenger for sticking to an atacking team to try and leep the fans entertained, but it comes down to the old argument about would you rather win things or be forever the entertaining bridesmaid. I still can't decide which one I'd want more.

37850[/snapback]

Good call, mate. Incidentally, there would be less of an outcry if it was Man U or Arsenal winning each game in the same way.

I like Mourinho too by the way. In fact I think he is the most entertaining manager on the planet.

37830[/snapback]

Not me, I'm afraid.

I will probably remember these days as the 'wilderness years'. I have respect for Liverpool and, to a certain degree, Manure for when they dominated but I have none what-so-ever for Chewsee. I like Mourinho but don't think being able to buy almost every player you want is a reason to earn my respect for the team he has.

37830[/snapback]

Not me, I'm afraid.

I will probably remember these days as the 'wilderness years'. I have respect for Liverpool and, to a certain degree, Manure for when they dominated but I have none what-so-ever for Chewsee. I like Mourinho but don't think being able to buy almost every player you want is a reason to earn my respect for the team he has.

37853[/snapback]

What's the difference though from the point of view of the managers abilities? Granted Chelsea are bankrolled by a camp billionaire but even though Manure can point to the fact that they generate their own revenues autonymously, the bottom line is Fergie has still had more money to spend than other managers consistently down the years. In fact for the two or three years prior to Abramovitch, Man U were the only ones who could still spend big in the Prem (Rio Ferdinand being the prime example).

The fact is Fergie and Mourinho have both been given the cash and they have both shown their worth as managers by splashing it wisely.

Incidentally Mourinho won the top prize with porto on an absolute shoe string. If he doesnt deserve respec' then I really don't know who does?!

37844[/snapback]

37850[/snapback]

Good call, mate. Incidentally, there would be less of an outcry if it was Man U or Arsenal winning each game in the same way.

I like Mourinho too by the way. In fact I think he is the most entertaining manager on the planet.

37852[/snapback]

D. Brent??

37844[/snapback]

37850[/snapback]

37852[/snapback]

D. Brent??

37856[/snapback]

:lol:

"You will never work for another manager like me. This is brilliant. FACT!"

37830[/snapback]

I prefer Chelsea ahead of Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal.....

but then we're the same person, ain't we? :lol:

37844[/snapback]

37850[/snapback]

37852[/snapback]

D. Brent??

37856[/snapback]

:lol:

"You will never work for another manager like me. This is brilliant. FACT!"

37857[/snapback]

:razz:

Chilled out entertainer tbh.

37850[/snapback]

The way football has gone recently has forced me to look at this very hard and I've come to the conclusion that the latter wins. I'd rather every season was Newcastle 95/96 than Chelsea 04/05.

I like Chelsea to an extent because my girlfriend supports them, so I watch alot of them. Kenyon's a scumbag and the way they've treated some of their players is shocking. I respect Mourinho for what he did at Porto but to be handed a blank cheque at Chelsea and not be able to entertain fans whilst winning the league? I mean on the pitch of course, off the field he's very entertaining.

37850[/snapback]

The way football has gone recently has forced me to look at this very hard and I've come to the conclusion that the latter wins. I'd rather every season was Newcastle 95/96 than Chelsea 04/05.

I like Chelsea to an extent because my girlfriend supports them, so I watch alot of them. Kenyon's a scumbag and the way they've treated some of their players is shocking. I respect Mourinho for what he did at Porto but to be handed a blank cheque at Chelsea and not be able to entertain fans whilst winning the league? I mean on the pitch of course, off the field he's very entertaining.

37864[/snapback]

I still find them quite entertaining to be honest. With players like Robben, Duff and Lampard, how can they be boring?

The tactics maybe negative, but the players certainly aren't.

Because their first aim is not to concede, they are a very solid defensive unit and they spend, especially in big matches, the majority of the time sitting back. They know they have the pace and skill on the wings and the runners through the middle to hit on the break when the opportunity arises.

I don't like Man U but when they were at their best they were fantastic to watch, often for 90 minutes.

Greetings,

37784[/snapback]

Believe me it's far from fantastic, if you swap Bramble for Taylor it makes it a bit better, but there's still the problem of a poor left back and an average right back. Midfield looks ok but Luque has to prove he' got what it takes to perform in the Premiership, Emre on the other hand looks a natural. Good on you for not letting Dyer anywhere near the first 11! If only Shithouse Souness felt the same!

Greetings,

37784[/snapback]

Believe me it's far from fantastic, if you swap Bramble for Taylor it makes it a bit better, but there's still the problem of a poor left back and an average right back. Midfield looks ok but Luque has to prove he' got what it takes to perform in the Premiership, Emre on the other hand looks a natural. Good on you for not letting Dyer anywhere near the first 11! If only Shithouse Souness felt the same!

37878[/snapback]

Or any manager since Gullit bought him for that matter, mate. He must be absolutely shit hot cosmic in training cos he sure as shite rarely justifies his selection once he's on the pitch.

Shambles that the scum are offering 10k for a prem player to score tbh.

Chelsea are traditionally a yo-yo club. It has only took firstly Ken Bates to take a massive gamble and invest millions and then Abramovich to come in and buy them when they were close to doing a Leeds (had they not beaten Liverpool on the last day of the season 02/03) to make them what they are.

Greetings,

37784[/snapback]

37878[/snapback]

Rather swap the French ponce Boumsong for Taylor that Bramble.

Greetings,

37784[/snapback]

37878[/snapback]

Or any manager since Gullit bought him for that matter, mate. He must be absolutely shit hot cosmic in training cos he sure as shite rarely justifies his selection once he's on the pitch.

37882[/snapback]

I have a feeling that Dyer's return might just be the making of this team - in with the full strength squad.

That is the reason I am giving Souness a bit more time - to see what happens when we have Dyer running at the opposition and Owen benefitting from it. The only problem is who to drop, and I can only think that Shearer is going to have to sit back and watch.

We shall see.

Greetings,

37784[/snapback]

37878[/snapback]

37882[/snapback]

I have a feeling that Dyer's return might just be the making of this team - in with the full strength squad.

That is the reason I am giving Souness a bit more time - to see what happens when we have Dyer running at the opposition and Owen benefitting from it. The only problem is who to drop, and I can only think that Shearer is going to have to sit back and watch.

We shall see.

37906[/snapback]

I definitely think Dyer's turned a corner and am looking forward to him getting back in the team.

Greetings,

37784[/snapback]

37878[/snapback]

37882[/snapback]

We shall see.

37906[/snapback]

I definitely think Dyer's turned a corner and am looking forward to him getting back in the team.

37909[/snapback]

As ever I am humbled by your faith and optimism-traits that are both typical and admirable in those afflicted by ginger hair! :lol:

I've got a funny suspicion Dyer's improved performances at the back end of last season were influenced by his expiring contract.

Prove me wrong Kieron, prove me wrong....

Greetings,

37784[/snapback]

37878[/snapback]

37882[/snapback]

We shall see.

37906[/snapback]

37909[/snapback]

As ever I am humbled by your faith and optimism-traits that are both typical and admirable in those afflicted by ginger hair! :lol:

37919[/snapback]

DSCF0416.jpg

.....tbh.

:razz: