Question

LeazesMag

Were you at the game Alex ? No chance with any of those goals mate, and his other 10 team mates were chasing shadows

37101[/snapback]

Joke man :lol: I wasn't at the game mate, I was at Uni and I couldn't make it. Watched it though, happy days eh?

Were you at the game Alex ? No chance with any of those goals mate, and his other 10 team mates were chasing shadows

37101[/snapback]

Joke man ;) I wasn't at the game mate, I was at Uni and I couldn't make it. Watched it though, happy days eh?

37103[/snapback]

Happy days indeed. I remember being held up at the Gallowgate, running up the stairs, and hearing the roar as the first went in.

Then this scouse lad said the funniest thing ever after the match to me - "Eeeeeh, youse were shit, lykkke". :lol:

As it happens that was one of the last Keegan league games I got to - tickets were like gold dust after that if you didn't have an ST. Easy enough to get in the second year of Dalglish for some reason. ;)

To be fair, Liverpool were utter shit that day. Nigel Clough and the likes were playing iirc. I thought Cole was offside on one of them as well.

37142[/snapback]

Misery guts. ;)

Nigel Clough, what a player. Remind me who signed him again? :lol:

Edited by Renton

To be fair, Liverpool were utter shit that day. Nigel Clough and the likes were playing iirc. I thought Cole was offside on one of them as well.

37142[/snapback]

Misery guts. ;)

Nigel Clough, what a player. Remind me who signed him again? ;)

37143[/snapback]

Did I steal your lines? :lol:

I believe Nigel Clough was signed by Bill Shankly.

Ohh, and talking of the chant, I really don't remember it, but that could easily be down to memory.

Needless to say I did find it quite amusing at the time that the mighty Liverpool were being reduced to a shambles by an idiot like Souness mind - every non-Liverpool fan in the country thought it was funny iirc.

I was there.....

I thought Liverpool were undone by a quality Newcastle United team, but no different to how other teams were that season.

Along the same lines though, we tore Arsenal apart on the last day of the 1999/2000 season and beat them 4-2. Would you use that against Arsene Wenger were he to be made manager of NUFC??

Likewise, Sir Alex Ferguson. We beat Man Utd 5-0 in 1996, would you use that against him?

I was there.....

I thought Liverpool were undone by a quality Newcastle United team, but no different to how other teams were that season.

Along the same lines though, we tore Arsenal apart on the last day of the 1999/2000 season and beat them 4-2. Would you use that against Arsene Wenger were he to be made manager of NUFC??

Likewise, Sir Alex Ferguson. We beat Man Utd 5-0 in 1996, would you use that against him?

37258[/snapback]

Arsenal sent out a B team for that match because it didn't mean anything to them. Tough to argue the 5-0 though, and they lost their next match 6-3 at St. Mary's - he should've been sacked!

I was there and yes I do agree and still do now. Souness is a fucking joke but no-one else will want the job who is decent enough to do it and before you say it, this is not an excuse to keep him in the job.

Another question.

How many people slagged Michael Owen when he scored against us?

If you did, then you don't want him at our club now.

Is that how it works???

37136[/snapback]

bit daft that. Do you mean Owen for Sunderland ?

I was there and yes I do agree and still do now.  Souness is a fucking joke but no-one else will want the job who is decent enough to do it and before you say it, this is not an excuse to keep him in the job.

37334[/snapback]

Thank you mate, the whole point is wondering how many change their spots depending on whether or not managers and/or players are playing for Newcastle or not....

Otherwise known as wearing rose tinted specs .....

I was there and yes I do agree and still do now.  Souness is a fucking joke but no-one else will want the job who is decent enough to do it and before you say it, this is not an excuse to keep him in the job.

37334[/snapback]

Thank you mate, the whole point is wondering how many change their spots depending on whether or not managers and/or players are playing for Newcastle or not....

37446[/snapback]

Rose tinted contacts for me. I'm vain.

37334[/snapback]

37446[/snapback]

A bit like when you use hearsay to back up one side of an argument yet dismiss hearsay on the other side. Otherwise known as bias.

37334[/snapback]

37446[/snapback]

A bit like when you use hearsay to back up one side of an argument yet dismiss hearsay on the other side. Otherwise known as bias.

37453[/snapback]

Where am I wearing rose tinted specs ?

Souness was shite before he came to Newcastle, still is. Always has been, he's been masquarading as a manager for 20 years on the back of winning the Scottish title. Just because he is now Newcastle manager isn't going to make him a good one. Unfortunately we are stuck with a shite manager, the worst we have had since Ardiles, or possibly even Bill McGarry.

Bellamy was a quality player and an asset to the football club when he was at Newcastle, still is at his new club and Newcastle would be better with him than without him.

I don't think every Newcastle player is good just because they pull on the shirt, whether they are a big name foreigner, just a big name, just a foreigner, cost 10m quid, or nothing.

Some of you do. I expressed reservations about Luque, concerning his attitude and motivation. They may or may yet be groundless, but its how I see it, it doesn't matter to me how much he cost or where he came from, just because he is a Newcastle player doesn't excuse him from a realistic assessment. Time will tell.

Who thought Faye was good in his first game. You were all wrong....I thought he was utter crap to be honest.

Edited by LeazesMag