England v Switzerland Official Match Thread

Besty

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we played some nice football but most times they got near the box they looked like rabbits in headlights and didn't know what to do with the ball, tripping over it ffs. Hopefullly Capello will sort that out.

The crowd were a disgrace, but as someone else eluded to the press won't write lots of patronising articles about them for wanting instant sucess.

Agree, the crowd were a fucking joke but i won't expect numerous articles and columns slatign them for ages!

You do realise though that an ENGLISH newspaper isn't going to take on THE WHOLE COUNTRY!! :P

They can slag us off because we aren't the only people who buy their papers..... :D

...now as for the international press, I'm sure there are plenty of articles about how England expects to win everything and take the piss....

:D

To be fair they'd only be taking on the 60,000 (or whatever the crowd was!) who were there acting like dicks! I imagine most newspapers have a wide readership of people who weren't at wembley and thousands who don't even like football at all!

Anyway to be honest football fans in general get on my tits these days, from england fans, through most other clubs to some of our own. Its par for the course most of the time for either 1 or 2 players or a team as a whole to be getting booed before, during or after a game, the atmosphere up and down the country is invariably crap and not a patch on what it used to be.

I think Keegan is in for a bit of a shock now that he's back here as whilst the fans will give him more patience than other managers, he'll be surprised by how quickly the crowd goes silent, then how quickly the moans and angry shouts start when things arent going perfectly, and how regular it is for the team to be booed off at half and fulltime.

Obviously he can help with that by building an attacking team that wins alot at home, but it won't be the crowd and ground he remembers!

Bit of a soft question I know but for anyone who saw the game, how did Vonlanthen play? The guy is an FM legend for me and I've always wanted to see him.

Behrami looked better