Le Fil De Deschamps In/Out De Fonctionnaire!

Andrew Flintoff

Mort with zero football credentials to make the appointment btw. Career lawyer ffs.

How many chairman know anything about football? The finer points of coaching? Which player a team needs?

Chairman tend to be rich men who are good at business. Just like Mort. The toffs in charge of all the big clubs grew up playing rugger!

Mort can go through a CV like anyone else and im sure hes got enough sense to not just sit in his office looking on wikipedia for the next manager. Im sure they have advisors and experts that are helping out.

Point being it's his first appointment in football.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw a previous interview of Sky's Spanish football corespondent who recommended an up and coming young manager (Deschamps) as an ideal candidate and reckoned Ashley might have been pointed in his direction. He seemed to rate him.

Nee offence but so what? Hes done a far more professional job than out last 'experienced' chairman.

None taken but it's axiomatic what I'm saying. He's got no track record.

The 'toffs in charge' of the other clubs (as you put it) might not be football coaches themselves but they've at least had a bit more grounding in the game.

None of this is a comparison to Shepherd btw. I regard Shepherd as monumentally incompetent. Mort is merely yet to prove himself competent.

Nee offence but so what? Hes done a far more professional job than out last 'experienced' chairman.

Only time will tell.

The timing of the sacking leaves a lot to be desired. Very much straight out of Shepherd's book.

Only time will tell.

The timing of the sacking leaves a lot to be desired. Very much straight out of Shepherd's book.

Hardly. Shepherd would sack a manager a few games in, fucking up an entire season. Mort is merely calling time on a season which died a month ago. Assuming we can stay out of the relegation mess, the rest of this season could prove a good springboard for the next campaign giving the new man time to take stock.

Edited by Big TRon

Only time will tell.

Hardly. Shepherd would sack a manager a few games in, fucking up an entire season. Mort is merely calling time on a season which died a month ago. Assuming we can stay out of the relegation mess, the rest of this season could prove a good springboard for the next campaign giving the new man time to take stock.

Souness?

I really don't know what to think. I don't follow continental football much so I have no idea how he lines his teams up. Why isn't he still at Juve out of interest?

I'm intruiged as to how Mort came to see him as the answer seeing as how neither him or Ashley are footballing men? Hopefully it's a tip off from Wenger this time rather than that turd Kemsley.

People above him forcing signings on him IIRC

First direct quote from Deschamps...

I have had no official approach from Newcastle but I am flattered to be linked with such speculation," Deschamps told The Daily Telegraph. "It would be an exciting challenge. Newcastle are a big club."

:D

Deschamps for the Toon!

I have had no official approach from Newcastle but I am flattered to be linked with such speculation," Deschamps told The Daily Telegraph. "It would be an exciting challenge. Newcastle are a big club."

Pretty much a 'come and get me' plea, if I ever saw one.

I'm expecting it to be denied tomorrow.

Fuck come and get me !, go and get it Didier !!!

There was really no need to get rid of Allardyce without a replacement lined up though, you can't get away from that. It weakens our position dreadfully.

Even if inquiries were being made while Allardyce remained in charge then so what. He'd no doubt have got to know about it but it's hardly like he'd have chucked it all in and let us go down. That would've meant the end of his managerial career and that's the only thing that matters to BSA.

I'm expecting it to be denied tomorrow.

Just as Oliver puts the finishing touches to his "Deschamps to be unveiled as new Toon boss" article :D

There was really no need to get rid of Allardyce without a replacement lined up though, you can't get away from that. It weakens our position dreadfully.

Even if inquiries were being made while Allardyce remained in charge then so what. He'd no doubt have got to know about it but it's hardly like he'd have chucked it all in and let us go down. That would've meant the end of his managerial career and that's the only thing that matters to BSA.

I think Redknapp was the replacement with Ashley and Mort expecting him to take the job. It's more of a case of there was no plan B.

I think Redknapp was the replacement with Ashley and Mort expecting him to take the job. It's more of a case of there was no plan B.

Aye, I agree totally. Fucking naive in the extreme then to just let BSA walk off with 6 milion in his back pocket.

"Fucking stay and sort it until we have a definite agreement from the man we want you fat cunt" Should have been the line. What was BSA gonna do like? Walk out at that point and risk his entire contract payout? And even if he did we'd have been no worse off.

Seriously failing to get worked up by any of the names suggested so far.

Do what I done. Come to terms with the fact that McLaren is out of work and had spoken to Ashley about the role. That they seem to be targeting free managers. Realise that McLaren could end up being the one.

Suddenly, Deschamps & Houllier become very interesting prospects.

:D

I came to that very conclusion yesterday. the longer it goes on the more i will worry :icon_lol:

I really don't know what to think. I don't follow continental football much so I have no idea how he lines his teams up. Why isn't he still at Juve out of interest?

I'm intruiged as to how Mort came to see him as the answer seeing as how neither him or Ashley are footballing men? Hopefully it's a tip off from Wenger this time rather than that turd Kemsley.

People above him forcing signings on him IIRC

Cheers. So he wasn't sacked then. This looks promising as someone has obviously put a word in for Deshcamps, probably Houllier as mentioned earlier.