Russian consortium looking to take over Villa

Jimbo

Clicky here

Are these "Chelsea" style situtations going to be the ruin of football ? Will a gang of Russian millionaires turn Villa into a title winning club ? or will they still be a dull and unattractive club ?

After all, Wigan allegedly had £20m to spend in the summer and look what difference that made ! bugger all !

I think the Chelsea and Abramovic level is a one off, i hope it is. But there may be lesser scale takeoevers in future.

The reason Chelsea are now looking invincible is because of the comination they have going. Not just unlimited money but one of the best managers to exploit that situation. With the money and alesser manager (as was shown) theres no guarentee of trophies, with the manager and less money he could still do it, but with both, they're going to make this prem pretty easy to predict.

IMO they already have the title, Arse don't look as good, manu are getting injuries and don't look amazing, whilst Jose has his team just robotically moving through game after game looking unbeatable and yet to reach their top gear.

Clicky here

Are these "Chelsea" style situtations going to be the ruin of football ? Will a gang of Russian millionaires turn Villa into a title winning club ? or will they still be a dull and unattractive club ?

After all, Wigan allegedly had £20m to spend in the summer and look what difference that made ! bugger all !

35631[/snapback]

as opposed to the money we've spent you mean?yeah wigan have really wasted the money and are looking much worse than us eh!

Clicky here

35631[/snapback]

as opposed to the money we've spent you mean?yeah wigan have really wasted the money and are looking much worse than us eh!

35660[/snapback]

No, the point I was making was that despite the funds Wigan allegedly had to spend, they failed to attract anyone of any note !

Clicky here

35631[/snapback]

35660[/snapback]

No, the point I was making was that despite the funds Wigan allegedly had to spend, they failed to attract anyone of any note !

35675[/snapback]

sorry mate point taken

On the radio on the way in to work, the talk was of a 75million pound transfer bounty. Thing is though we've spent 50 million and it's hardly turned us into Chelsea. Plus when people know you've got 75 million to spend, you get a lot less for your money.

Talking to my Russian correspondent its pronounced

abra-MO-vitch........................

36127[/snapback]

Bollocks to that Rob, you had a go at me that time when I tried to convince you (AC) Milan was pronounced Mee-lan ;)