Shearer would accept the job if offered

Jimbo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't believe we are going from bitching and whining about not getting the likes of Mourinho and Lippi to getting excited about someone with no experience of coaching (with the exception of standing in a dug out on match days in Roeders run) and managing.

SSN should be on here interviewing. "Why aye! We want Sheeeeeeeeeeera....." :lol:

Come on mate yes he has no relevant experience but so fuckin what! He is gonna play the correct team week in week out, and he will DEFINATLY play attacking football with two wingers. He is everything we want, plus a geordie and a positive surrounding. Though there will be the fuckin idiotic minority which you'll no doubt be a part of whinging and moaning whoever we appoint.

Fact is and someone said it earlier, we arent going to move on until he has had his go. But i do think he would do well for us.

I really can't believe we are going from bitching and whining about not getting the likes of Mourinho and Lippi to getting excited about someone with no experience of coaching (with the exception of standing in a dug out on match days in Roeders run) and managing.

SSN should be on here interviewing. "Why aye! We want Sheeeeeeeeeeera....." :lol:

Come on mate yes he has no relevant experience but so fuckin what! He is gonna play the correct team week in week out, and he will DEFINATLY play attacking football with two wingers. He is everything we want, plus a geordie and a positive surrounding. Though there will be the fuckin idiotic minority which you'll no doubt be a part of whinging and moaning whoever we appoint.

Fact is and someone said it earlier, we arent going to move on until he has had his go. But i do think he would do well for us.

Apart from the bit in bold, are you on the wind up, mate?

SSN should be on here interviewing. "Why aye! We want Sheeeeeeeeeeera....." :panic:

:lol:

It may be the Lemsip Max Strength talking, but i'd take Shearer over 'Arry :lol:

There is a very slight chance he could turn out to be good and until he does get the job the whole thing is going to hang over us. As much as i'd prefer him to be brought in alongside someone with experience, the minute he gets his foot in the door I can see his ego going so that could be a disaster.

Fucking hell, listen to me :panic:

This idea that "we might as well give Shearer a go and get it out of the way" might appeal to the fans but if you were Ashley preparing to back your man with hard-earned money you' might want more than that to go on.

This is the same Ashley who looks like he's sacked on mediocre manager and paid off his contract just to bring in another mediocre manager. Rule nothing o :lol: ut

It may be the Lemsip Max Strength talking, but i'd take Shearer over 'Arry :lol:

There is a very slight chance he could turn out to be good and until he does get the job the whole thing is going to hang over us. As much as i'd prefer him to be brought in alongside someone with experience, the minute he gets his foot in the door I can see his ego going so that could be a disaster.

That bit I happen to agree with.

For me Shearer needs to come out and issue a statement via the club that he does not want the position. It would take very very little effort on his part to do this, yet the inaction of not doing it causes imeasurable problems.

The media have peddled this shit for ages now but for me I don't have a gripe with them because I live in the real world. The media will run whichever is the most sensational story-that is their only agenda-they have no interest in giving a balanced take on feelings amongst supporters. My issue is with Shearer himself because it's his inaction that allows the media to speculate about this shit. This makes it so fucking easy to de stabilise the club and undermine whoever is manager it is untrue. He needs to come out and say categorically he is not interested in the post. It does not even have to be true, he can have a fucking gentlemens agreement with Laura if he wants, it's the public line that is important. If we had a statement from him saying this then the media would have to shut the fuck up, the team wouldnt be distracted and the manager wouldn't be undermined.

It's an odd thing to say that there is a moral obligation on anyone to perform a positive act regarding something that is totally extraneous to them, but for me now with Shearer, that is the case if he's the 'local hero' he's cracked up to be. It needs to be a very public, very clear statement via the club that he is not interested. It can be a lie that's ok. But anything short of this and for me he's guilty of putting his own interests before the club and massaging his ego.

That's okay and again it's not a serious accusation to lay at the average person's door, but for a 'local hero', for me, it means revocation of that particular title.

This idea that "we might as well give Shearer a go and get it out of the way" might appeal to the fans but if you were Ashley preparing to back your man with hard-earned money you' might want more than that to go on.

This is the same Ashley who looks like he's sacked on mediocre manager and paid off his contract just to bring in another mediocre manager. Rule nothing o :lol: ut

Well whoever Ashley brings in, it will be because he rates him. Not because he might as well have a go, or because he's a canny lad.

While I find that I'd have a totally irrational excitement and optimism about Shearer getting the job I'm not sure it'd be the right choice. It could turn out to be a stroke of genius like Keegan coming in with Sir John Hall... or it could all end in tears with all those Shearer haters saying 'I told you so'. Either way I'd have him over Redknapp but then if we're not able to go for a top class manager we don't have that many options so might be forced to choose either risking it on an unknown or going for a mediocre manager.

For me Shearer needs to come out and issue a statement via the club that he does not want the position. It would take very very little effort on his part to do this, yet the inaction of not doing it causes imeasurable problems.

The media have peddled this shit for ages now but for me I don't have a gripe with them because I live in the real world. The media will run whichever is the most sensational story-that is their only agenda-they have no interest in giving a balanced take on feelings amongst supporters. My issue is with Shearer himself because it's his inaction that allows the media to speculate about this shit. This makes it so fucking easy to de stabilise the club and undermine whoever is manager it is untrue. He needs to come out and say categorically he is not interested in the post. It does not even have to be true, he can have a fucking gentlemens agreement with Laura if he wants, it's the public line that is important. If we had a statement from him saying this then the media would have to shut the fuck up, the team wouldnt be distracted and the manager wouldn't be undermined.

It's an odd thing to say that there is a moral obligation on anyone to perform a positive act regarding something that is totally extraneous to them, but for me now with Shearer, that is the case if he's the 'local hero' he's cracked up to be. It needs to be a very public, very clear statement via the club that he is not interested. It can be a lie that's ok. But anything short of this and for me he's guilty of putting his own interests before the club and massaging his ego.

That's okay and again it's not a serious accusation to lay at the average person's door, but for a 'local hero', for me, it means revocation of that particular title.

Shearer's too media savvy and image conscious to come out with that sort of stuff. Despite what people might wish to believe, he's no Keegan who wore his heart on his sleeve. He can't give a straight opinion on MOTD for fucks sake.

Just 2 quick questions I have about all this.

1.) Now that Big Sam got sacked, how much did Ashely actually have to pay him for the remainder of his contract?

2.) Assuming that Redknapp is appointed manager, how much would Ashley have to pay Portsmouth as compensation?

Thanks!

The whole Keegan, Shearer comparison for me is wrong and reason enough why the club shouldn't, at this time, hire Shearer as manager. As many have pointed out Shearer needs to cut his teeth at a lower level first, just like Keegan did.

At the time Keegan was appointed, Newcastle weren't a top flight club, Keegan started and proved himself at a lower level albeit at the toon.

The difference is huge and the expectations are worlds apart.

Problem is can anyone see Shearer being willing to start anywhere else?

The whole Keegan, Shearer comparison for me is wrong and reason enough why the club shouldn't, at this time, hire Shearer as manager. As many have pointed out Shearer needs to cut his teeth at a lower level first, just like Keegan did.

At the time Keegan was appointed, Newcastle weren't a top flight club, Keegan started and proved himself at a lower level albeit at the toon.

Match of the Day?

Managing at a lower league club is a completely different kettle of fish now though.

Managing at a lower league club is a completely different kettle of fish now though.

He still should prove himself at least at championship level before he even contemplates managing Newcastle.

Mind you the Allardyce was going, Shearer possibly would of had the chance to emulate Keegan at Newcastle next season.

Shearer's too media savvy and image conscious to come out with that sort of stuff. Despite what people might wish to believe, he's no Keegan who wore his heart on his sleeve. He can't give a straight opinion on MOTD for fucks sake.

I know that, that's my point; he's well aware of the effects of his actions/inactions. I'm saying the fact that he understands that makes it more incumbent on him to do something about it and fucking make a statement distancing himself from the job. It needs a selfless act from him.

Guest Patrokles

I know that, that's my point; he's well aware of the effects of his actions/inactions. I'm saying the fact that he understands that makes it more incumbent on him to do something about it and fucking make a statement distancing himself from the job. It needs a selfless act from him.

What if he wants the job?

What if he wants the job?

Then I'd be disappointed and would hope that he would decline it anyway very publically in favour of and for the benefit of a better candidate.

In the event that he was absolutely determined to take the post however then no doubt he would not do that, in which case, going back to the genesis of the point I was picking up on...let's get on with it and get it fucking over with.

1.) Now that Big Sam got sacked, how much did Ashely actually have to pay him for the remainder of his contract?

2.) Assuming that Redknapp is appointed manager, how much would Ashley have to pay Portsmouth as compensation?

Thanks!

I dont think anything has been factually disclosed, but the rumours would be 1) around £5-8M and 2) around £3M

Thanks!

1: don't know

2: up to 9million with up to 3million to get him released from his contract...

this raises a good point, a world class manager commands 3million upwards per season, i wonder how much harry would be on...

Edited by canofbeans