Shearer would accept the job if offered

Jimbo

Definitely more inspiring than Redknapp. I don't care if he's a little green, he's got a load of respect and a lot to prove.

:lol:

Experience is over rated IMO. Passion and confidence are far more useful.

As I posted last week when we were discussing Shearer injecting passion as our manager...

Will he? He couldn't manage that as captain of the club playing under Souness, who he supposedly liked and rated.

No one could question his own passion and commitment on the park but IMO he wasn't a great captain on the park.

I also think (if there is truth in this or we even considered employing him) that he still has this club eating out of his hands. If he was keen to manage why hasn't he taken a job elsewhere to get the experience that surely would help him when an opportunity came up for him.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though it goes against everything I've ever said, and flies in the face of common sense..I'd love it I have to say.

Why would you love it mate?

I think just for the lift it would give us. It's been a pretty fucking depressing few years, maybe it's just a selfish urge to get excited about the club again. Like I said, I've always said no to Shearer being manager so it flies in the face of rational thinking...but it still gives me a little sex wee.

Shearer over Harry for me. If Klinsman can get Germany to 3rd in the world cup, and then get the Bayern position (far bigger club than us), then I am sure Big Al could do a job. Fuck it - just offer it to him Morshley!

Not exactly a big shock to be fair. Unlike us they have a canny team.

Disagree tbh. The state of the German national team was shocking when he took over (and had been for years), only few players of real international class.

Anyway, Klinsmann's biggest achievement wasn't to reach 3rd place, but to totally revolutionise the set up of the national team and introducing a new culture - with a lasting effect. That's something Bayern now hope that he will also do there.

Can you see Shearer doing the same?

Edited by Isegrim

Shearer over Harry for me. If Klinsman can get Germany to 3rd in the world cup, and then get the Bayern position (far bigger club than us), then I am sure Big Al could do a job. Fuck it - just offer it to him Morshley!

Not exactly a big shock to be fair. Unlike us they have a canny team.

Disagree tbh. The state of the German national team was shocking when he took over (and had been for years), only few players of real international class.

Anyway, Klinsmann's biggest achievement wasn't to reach 3rd place, but to totally revolutionise the set up of the national team and introducing a new culture - with a lasting effect. That's something Bayern now hope that he will also do there.

Can you see Shearer doing the same?

Still had better players at their disposal than we do surely? :lol:

And as for Shearer doing the same I doubt it very much. Was his favourite managers not Dalglish and Souness, masters of the old school style of management. I fear Shearer would be the same...

Definitely something up cos that daft twat craig has been standing outside of sjp for the last twelve hours waiting for redknap and apparently he is 250 miles away in london - must be sick as :D

I've been down south all day....... honest! :panic:

I'm so underwhelmed at the prospect of Redknapp that i'd be happy and very excited about Shearer.

Exactly the same here.

You get the impression that if Redknapp starts off badly, you'd get people chanting for Shearer straight away...

No one will get a fair crack at it until Shearer has his go.

I'm so underwhelmed at the prospect of Redknapp that i'd be happy and very excited about Shearer.

Agree totally with this. Having Shearer as manager seems totally irrational and under normal circumstances I'd be against it... But opposed to Redknapp I'd definitely have him in the gig.

As SLP says, it would give us the lift we need. When was the last time we appointed a manager and had such a positive atmosphere about it? Robson, surely?

I really can't believe we are going from bitching and whining about not getting the likes of Mourinho and Lippi to getting excited about someone with no experience of coaching (with the exception of standing in a dug out on match days in Roeders run) and managing.

SSN should be on here interviewing. "Why aye! We want Sheeeeeeeeeeera....." :lol:

I really can't believe we are going from bitching and whining about not getting the likes of Mourinho and Lippi to getting excited about someone with no experience of coaching (with the exception of standing in a dug out on match days in Roeders run) and managing.

SSN should be on here interviewing. "Why aye! We want Sheeeeeeeeeeera....." :panic:

Just my thinking. :lol:

Exactly the same here.

You get the impression that if Redknapp starts off badly, you'd get people chanting for Shearer straight away...

No one will get a fair crack at it until Shearer has his go.

Well, I'm not convinced. Shearer might well turn out to be the bees knees, but I don't like taking blind punts and it could just as easily go wrong. Great players don't necessarily make great managers and right now we don't need to be Shearer's guinea pig club. At least with Arry, I know what sort of players he'll bring, with Shearer it's all guesswork. For all we know the rest of the players might think he's a plank.

David Craig back on SKY saying that within the last half hour he has spoken to someone at the club and that they are claiming that we are still searching for an "experienced" manager..

cdoz5.jpg

?

Ok, getting late and Im tired.....