Arsenal v Everton tonight

Gemmill

Is anyone expecting this match tonight to be anything other than a snoozefest? I know it's the fashionable thing to say at the minute, but the Premiership has gone all to shit in terms of entertainment. I hardly bother much with matches on Sky that we aren't involved in anymore because they're invariably crap.

Here's hoping tonight is more goalfest than snoozefest, just to prove me wrong.

It'll either be mind numbingly boring and quite a tight scorline, or a comfortable win for the arse...but still pretty boring!

Owen wasn't wrong to notice after hardly any time back that the prem is turning to shit in terms of entertainment as a load of sheeplike managers copy the same blueprint and reduce games to complete boredom.

This football is boring thing is getting all out of hand now. Football doesn't get good until the turn of the year when you start playing for cups/league placings.

That's why they never used to put the league table up until about 6 games into the season.

I seriously doubt Arsenal will win 7-0 anyway. I fear it'll become a snoozefest, but Arsenal haven't been renowned for negative football.

35562[/snapback]

Everton can suck the life and entertainment from anyone and anything though.

This football is boring thing is getting all out of hand now.  Football doesn't get good until the turn of the year when you start playing for cups/league placings.

That's why they never used to put the league table up until about 6 games into the season.

35564[/snapback]

We'll see. I hope you're right.

I seriously doubt Arsenal will win 7-0 anyway. I fear it'll become a snoozefest, but Arsenal haven't been renowned for negative football.

35562[/snapback]

Everton can suck the life and entertainment from anyone and anything though.

35565[/snapback]

Its true. I hate the arse and their manager for many reasons but they are still one of the few teams left who play attacking football. However they are not at their best currently and so a negative team like Everton will have a chance of killing the game.

Just because the tabloid media have got a hard on for cricket at the minute and the national football team has just lost to Northern Ireland they need to spit some new propaganda. It's all a bit Rugby WC 2003 to me.

They are just basically saying what most other papers have said for ages about dwindling attendances, saturation, etc.

Just because the tabloid media have got a hard on for cricket at the minute and the national football team has just lost to Northern Ireland they need to spit some new propaganda.  It's all a bit Rugby WC 2003 to me.

They are just basically saying what most other papers have said for ages about dwindling attendances, saturation, etc.

35571[/snapback]

Its not the media thats giving me an indication, its from football fans themselves who seem to have noticed this takeover by negative tactics and killing the game. And also comments by Wenger and now Owen about the state of things.

The media has merely stated fact as well (unusually!) that entertainment is down, that goals are down and that attendances are down, so i'm not going to knowck them for once.

As for the cricket, it makes a change for the tabloids to ackowledge that it exists other tha to rip into the England team, though of course they are mostly hypocrites and glory hunters to those of us who've followed it for years!