An appreciation of the Shearer freekick

Jimbo

Class freekicks but the Roberto Carlos one is the best freekick I've ever seen.

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Has to be seen in the true context of him taking 1000 free kicks per game and missing nearly all of them by a country mile.

Complete fluke! :o

35401[/snapback]

I saw Carlos play in the flesh last year and he put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen at the top level (Real Madrid).

But you can't deny that free kick was possibly the best ever, and as I am sure he intended it, it was no fluke.

35408[/snapback]

Aye, he meant it like, but he must have been the most surprised person in the entire ground to actually see it go in.

35410[/snapback]

So, he meant it, but it was a complete fluke eh? You gobshite!

35411[/snapback]

Go and ask him to do it again :blink:

35412[/snapback]

On the basis that it was probably the best free kick ever, no one has done it before or since. Go and ask Shearer to do it :razz:

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Has to be seen in the true context of him taking 1000 free kicks per game and missing nearly all of them by a country mile.

Complete fluke! :razz:

35401[/snapback]

I saw Carlos play in the flesh last year and he put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen at the top level (Real Madrid).

But you can't deny that free kick was possibly the best ever, and as I am sure he intended it, it was no fluke.

35408[/snapback]

Aye, he meant it like, but he must have been the most surprised person in the entire ground to actually see it go in.

35410[/snapback]

35411[/snapback]

Baldy solidarity tbh.

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

:blink:

Complete fluke! ;)

35401[/snapback]

But you can't deny that free kick was possibly the best ever, and as I am sure he intended it, it was no fluk

35408[/snapback]

35410[/snapback]

35411[/snapback]

Go and ask him to do it again :o

35412[/snapback]

On the basis that it was probably the best free kick ever, no one has done it before or since. Go and ask Shearer to do it :razz:

35421[/snapback]

Thats my point ! Shearer can do his rocket again and again !!

;)

He scored with a fucking rocket of a shot away at Bolton a few years back, can't remember if it was a free kick or from open play.

Also.. is free kick against Leicester at SJP when he got a hat-trick and we won 4-3, I have never seen anyone hit a ball that hard, if Keller had been in line with it it would have hit him and put him in hospital.

Edited by Greg

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Complete fluke! ;)

35401[/snapback]

But you can't deny that free kick was possibly the best ever, and as I am sure he intended it, it was no fluk

35408[/snapback]

35410[/snapback]

35411[/snapback]

35412[/snapback]

35421[/snapback]

;)

35429[/snapback]

Is that why it was his first goal in 17 Premier League games and most of his recent attempts have been hit straight at the wall?

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Complete fluke! :razz:

35401[/snapback]

35408[/snapback]

35410[/snapback]

35411[/snapback]

35412[/snapback]

35421[/snapback]

;)

35429[/snapback]

Is that why it was his first goal in 17 Premier League games and most of his recent attempts have been hit straight at the wall?

35433[/snapback]

You're too demanding Alex, the style and techinque was all there........

;):razz:

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Complete fluke! ;)

35401[/snapback]

35408[/snapback]

35410[/snapback]

35411[/snapback]

35412[/snapback]

On the basis that it was probably the best free kick ever, no one has done it before or since. Go and ask Shearer to do it :blink:

35421[/snapback]

Fair enough like, you got the best view of it after all.

barthez.jpg

:razz:

barthez.jpg

35437[/snapback]

In my defence I was too busy thinking about giving Linda Evangelista one that night.

barthez.jpg

35437[/snapback]

In my defence I was too busy thinking about giving Linda Evangelista one that night.

35440[/snapback]

(It was Barthez he beat though wasn't it? Or am I losing my mind?)

barthez.jpg

35437[/snapback]

35440[/snapback]

35445[/snapback]

Barthez used to go out with Linda Evangelista.

barthez.jpg

:o

35437[/snapback]

35440[/snapback]

35445[/snapback]

35449[/snapback]

I realise that you shitehawk! :blink:

Just couldnt remember for sure whether it was actually Barthez in the France goal for the free kick.

barthez.jpg

:o

35437[/snapback]

35440[/snapback]

35445[/snapback]

35449[/snapback]

I realise that you shitehawk! :blink:

Just couldnt remember for sure whether it was actually Barthez in the France goal for the free kick.

35455[/snapback]

I knaa man ;)

Yeah, it was my alleged doppelganger

My favourite was when he was at his peak against Leicester when he dragged Newcastle single handed to a 4-3 win that had that utter arsehole Alan Green in tears on 5live (shitbag) the free kick that made it 2-3 - it nearly took the net with it.

Robetro Carlos in Le Tournoi? Pffffff, I say, pfffffff!

Marc Hottiger against Blackburn in the cup. Now THAT was a free kick, me lads! :blink:  :o

35512[/snapback]

If you look carefully, you can see Shearer ever so slyly move his leg from the path of the ball so as not to charge it down. :razz:

My favourite was when he was at his peak against Leicester when he dragged Newcastle single handed to a 4-3 win that had that utter arsehole Alan Green in tears on 5live (shitbag) the free kick that made it 2-3 - it nearly took the net with it.

35595[/snapback]

That was some match like.

35595[/snapback]

It nearly took Kasey Kellers head off. ;)