John Motson

Kid Dynamite

I never actually thought it would ever be possible for me to hate a commentator more than Clive "That night in Barcelona/Istanbul" Tyldesley or David Pleat and his nonsensical rantings.

However Mr. Motson really does bring on a whole new level of irritation, for example last night, he seemed more concerned of Wayne Rooney and his movements on the bench than the actual game at hand. Then reading from his usual book of football cliches, I really hope he's not commentating on our game tonight, as we will end up with the words Hereford and Ronny Radford being mentioned at least 24 dozen times.

I never actually thought it would ever be possible for me to hate a commentator more than Clive "That night in Barcelona/Istanbul" Tyldesley or David Pleat and his nonsensical rantings.

However Mr. Motson really does bring on a whole new level of irritation, for example last night, he seemed more concerned of Wayne Rooney and his movements on the bench than the actual game at hand. Then reading from his usual book of football cliches, I really hope he's not commentating on our game tonight, as we will end up with the words Hereford and Ronny Radford being mentioned at least 24 dozen times.

from .com

Match commentary duties are handled by the shouting Jonathan Pearce and whining Mark Bright

The way he bumbles through games effortlessly mistaking Joe for Ashley Cole, reeling off statistics which are either incorrect or irrelevant, doing it all to the accompaniment of Mark Lawrenson's smug bilge leads me to switching off the sound and tolerating the Radio 5 commentary.

I'd agree if I didn't find him thoroughly annoying. Be it trendy or not, the man makes my eyes itch and my teeth bleed

...and if I'm not much mistaken that's the 6th time this season that a fan has displayed unlikely ocular-dental symbiotic manifestations as a direct result of monotonous commentry by blah blah stat stat good old motty sunday tea time snooze with antiques roadshow....

that made me laugh earlier, they were touting the match and so said "" blah blah, fa cup, blah blah Stoke versus Newcastle, blah blah at quarter to six, and ant8iques roadshow is on at eight"

as if the Antiques roadshow deserved a similarly enthusiastic build up as a football game. Now I have to admit sometimes seeing the barely concealed crestfallen disappointment when that relic turns about to be worth absolutely fook all, but I'd hardly equate it to an FA cup game... would you?

:dunno:

that made me laugh earlier, they were touting the match and so said "" blah blah, fa cup, blah blah Stoke versus Newcastle, blah blah at quarter to six, and ant8iques roadshow is on at eight"

as if the Antiques roadshow deserved a similarly enthusiastic build up as a football game. Now I have to admit sometimes seeing the barely concealed crestfallen disappointment when that relic turns about to be worth absolutely fook all, but I'd hardly equate it to an FA cup game... would you?

:D

I doubt they even had to pay the same for the match. Antiques Roadshow is probably worth more to the BBC, and judging by it so far, you wouldn't argue. Biased southern media blah blah blah.

Also since when did Rozenhal turn into an israeli!

Fuck sake BBC sort your commentators out you sack of shit!

Shearer included. Doesn't even know the names of the players he will be managing next season.

Also since when did Rozenhal turn into an israeli!

Fuck sake BBC sort your commentators out you sack of shit!

Shearer included. Doesn't even know the names of the players he will be managing next season.

:D

Aye I noticed him say it too.

Was prolly too busy on concentrating on not mudering Crooks the pink shirted faggot!

Guest stevieintoon
It seems to be the trend to knock him, but I just can't find it in myself to hate him...it's like arguing about traffic lights, they're just there...

I like him. When I was growing up there was him, Barry "Newcastle fans are racist animals" Davies, Brian Moore and Roger "Roger Thames is a wanker" Thames, and he was by far the best. There's something endearing and familiar about him in my eyes. The only other commentator I like is Ian Darke, I can tolerate Tyler too.

I quite like Peter Brackley. Never hear much of him now. He used to do some ITV CL highlights after C4 stopped showing Football Italia iirc.