Bellamy's Reaction

David Kelly

So let me get this right then:  in order for me to call Bellamy a poisonous little shit now, I have to have been saying it from the very minute he joined the club, if not before.  Is that how it works?

37113[/snapback]

Simple question. According to you, he has suddenly became a "poisonous little shit" since Souness came in, and he left ? Why ? You said it, not me.

Was he earlier or wasn't he ? If not, why ?

Fact is, you are proving the point that appointing TErry Macdermott wasn't a waste of money, accepting the spin and character assasination of a player his boss wanted rid of.

Not surprising though, they knew the ones with rose tinted specs would believe it, and there are quite a few out there

37115[/snapback]

I thought Bellamy was a good player before Souness arrived. I still think he's a good player now. I also thought he was suspect as a person and certainly not someone as I would want as a friend before Souness arrived - a nasty piece of work if you like. I still think that of him now.

Is that ok with you? Or have I been brainwashed at some point without realising it?

37121[/snapback]

As i suspected, you are attempting to swerve from admitting it was totally wrong of him to be sold. It's what they do on the field that counts, you didn't call him a nasty piece of work and advocate his sale accordingly a year ago.

What do you think of a manager who alienates players everywhere he goes, leaving clubs in a mess with unhappy players, and tries to break his own players leg on the training ground just because he nutmegs him ?

37126[/snapback]

;)

I'm not trying to swerve from that at all because I think it was RIGHT for him to be sold. He had to go because he made his position at the club untenable. So never mind "As I suspected..." Mr. Poirot. :lol:

37131[/snapback]

So you were happy with the resultant performances and league position ?

And you are happy to take the word and accept the judgement of a proven fuckwit when it comes to managing football teams and football players ?

What do you think of a manager who alienates players everywhere he goes, leaving clubs in a mess with unhappy players, and tries to break his own players leg on the training ground just because he nutmegs him ?

and why don't you answer this bit ?

37435[/snapback]

Why don't you prove it first? Or am I to just accept your obsessed rantings as fact?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's quite amazing the fact the amount of people who are turning against a player just because he's left Newcastle and didn't want to go, then imply they can make a realistic judgement of a player or a manager without wearing rose tinted specs

37105[/snapback]

I'm not really for Souness and I appreciate Bellamy for the player he was. Both are to blame for what happened imo. The point I was trying to make is that you can't use an alleged incident to have a go at Souness/to back up Bellamy then complain when people list the many alleged incidents Bellamy was involved in to have a go at the player. He was class but he carried a lot of baggage and we've now got a better, more professional player in my view, albeit at a far greater price. You might say I'm pleasantly surprised at the outcome ;)

37114[/snapback]

If you think Owen has replaced Bellamy you are dreaming. Owen is Shearers long term replacement, because the club certainly won't have another 15m quid next summer to replace Shearer.

Because of Souness, the club has spent the money put by to replace Shearer before he has retired. There are a few accountants / economists out there who will see this .......

37120[/snapback]

And you accuse other people of having a biased view? Jesus wept! ;)

37129[/snapback]

The only thing I am biased about is wanting good results on the pitch, and needing your best players to do that.

37440[/snapback]

Inter at home?

37442[/snapback]

aye, I'm looking forward to Souness proving he was right to sell Bellamy and rip the team apart when he qualifies for the Champions League .....

37445[/snapback]

Who's avoiding the question now? :lol:

I think that every decision Souness has made regarding players in and players out has been correct.

I am happy to give him to the end of the season, during which time hopefully we will manage to keep players fit, to judge whether he has enough tactical ability to take the team forward.

37452[/snapback]

Amdy Faye? :lol:

aye, I'm looking forward to Souness proving he was right to sell Bellamy and rip the team apart when he qualifies for the Champions League .....

37445[/snapback]

If he does manage it, would you come on here and admit you were wrong?

I think that every decision Souness has made regarding players in and players out has been correct.

I am happy to give him to the end of the season, during which time hopefully we will manage to keep players fit, to judge whether he has enough tactical ability to take the team forward.

37452[/snapback]

37455[/snapback]

Yes. at the time he was exactly what we needed. I cant see him getting close to the first team when we have everyone fit, but he did a decent job against Blackburn

37452[/snapback]

37455[/snapback]

Yes. at the time he was exactly what we needed. I cant see him getting close to the first team when we have everyone fit, but he did a decent job against Blackburn

37462[/snapback]

Actually, when he first arrived he did a good job of tightening us up defensively. As I said to my Dad at the time, he's a canny player, until he gets the ball at his feet. ;) I agree though, he had a good game against Blackburn.

37452[/snapback]

37455[/snapback]

37462[/snapback]

no point wasting money on people who aren't good enough, that type of thing is only for when you are struggling....

oh wait a moment, since Souness came, we have been struggling !

Why don't you prove it first?  Or am I to just accept your obsessed rantings as fact?

37448[/snapback]

press report, confirmed, straight from the mouth of an ex Blackburn player.

Now, before you ask, I obviously can't say who it was .....

But, he doesn't have any personal gripe against Souness, he had no bother with him, but still thinks he's a wanker

A lot of us must have been watching through rose tinted glasses, as nearly every other football supporter was telling us that Bellamy was an odious little shit.

They could see it and we couldn't? Or is the truth more along the lines of that we didn't want to see it? Or, as is usual, we could see it but chose to ignore it as he was one of ours?

37130[/snapback]

You seem hell bent on defending Souness, his actions, and seeing the football team go down the pan as a result.

Do you also think Roy Keane is an odious shit ?

Do you think manu fans agree Roy Keane is an odious shit ?

Dearie me ........

37434[/snapback]

I suggest you read some of my posts.

I am not as certain as you, but I have posted before that I am confused as to what he is doing to our club and I think he is the wrong man for us.

37445[/snapback]

If he does manage it, would you come on here and admit you were wrong?

37459[/snapback]

If Souness gets us into the Champions League this season, even at the cost of 40m quid, I will of course, admit he's in fact done a good job, better than I said.

Will you and the others admit the same if he doesn't ? No strings, no excuses. Qualify or nothing.

You are also welcome to a wager ........

Edited by LeazesMag

A lot of us must have been watching through rose tinted glasses, as nearly every other football supporter was telling us that Bellamy was an odious little shit.

They could see it and we couldn't? Or is the truth more along the lines of that we didn't want to see it? Or, as is usual, we could see it but chose to ignore it as he was one of ours?

37130[/snapback]

You seem hell bent on defending Souness, his actions, and seeing the football team go down the pan as a result.

Do you also think Roy Keane is an odious shit ?

Do you think manu fans agree Roy Keane is an odious shit ?

Dearie me ........

37434[/snapback]

I suggest you read some of my posts.

I am not as certain as you, but I have posted before that I am confused as to what he is doing to our club and I think he is the wrong man for us.

37598[/snapback]

Basically mate my point is that nobody cared what others thought of Bellamy when he played for us, so why turn against him now ?

It's not as if he played shite for 2 years like Jeanarse and wanted to go, or sat in the treatment room like Marcelino...

Now those I can understand, in fact I'd agree with you all the way.

Bellamy hasn't even called the club since he left, or anything, like Andy Cole singing that song at Wembley, nothing. In fact, he hasn;t even said anything about fuckwit, and who could blame him if he did, so why the venom ?

I am defending him because I basically think it's a horrendous blunder by a fuckwit manager, for non football reasons and personal ones that he has a history of, and the player himself whatever his weaknesses always, always, was committed to wanting to win for the club and gave everything when he played.

And yes, I like Bellamy as a footballer, I don't care if he is "spikey". To me, that is a strength, it shows desire. That and his pace is what I liked about him the first time I saw him play against Newcastle for Coventry. Every team needs players like that in it. Even the few times he was sent off, swap them for the 90% of the time he had good games and was the most influential player in the team. Would you really have a nothing player who disappeared all the time but was a lovely lad .....

The thing is, if a new manager came in and brought him back, I bet you all would be pretty happy about it

i'd rather have a centre forward who scored 15+ goals per season,didn't miss 90% of his one-on-ones,played more than 70%of games and didn't get caught offside so easily(the leagues worst till xmas last year).he's not a bad player,but i don't think he's good enough to make up for the rest of the crap he carries with him...i said get shot of him after the chair throwing incident.

i'd rather have a centre forward who scored 15+ goals per season,didn't miss 90% of his one-on-ones,played more than 70%of games and didn't get caught offside so easily(the leagues worst till xmas last year).he's not a bad player,but i don't think he's good enough to make up for the rest of the crap he carries with him...i said get shot of him after the chair throwing incident.

37743[/snapback]

basically, championship manager type statistical type rubbish.

Sorry like.

A player who is creative, and has a direct huge influence on his teams style of play, contributing to the vast majority of goals, while scoring 12-15 or so of his own, will always at least as valuable, if not more, than a bloke who simply scores 15-20 or a few more while doing very little else. How may goals do you think Shearer would have scored without Bellamy ? How many goals do you think Andy Cole would have scored without Beardsley ?

This is what you mean isn't it ? If it isn't, then it defines the ludicrousness of simply using statistics.

Like the others, why didn't you point all this out before Souness came ? Also, like the others, all you have done is remove your rose tinted specs, and judge someone differently simply because they are not at Newcastle United any more.

As I've said before , the appointment of Terry fuckwit Macdermott, the scouser who pretends he's a geordie when it suits him, hasn't been in vain. He's certainly managed to fool some people .......

Edited by LeazesMag

how many would shearer have scored without bellamy...fewer for sure,how many would nufc have scored with a forward who could finish,my guess is more.

the andy cole analogy is hilarious(your falling into alan olivers trap)look at how many rob lee and scott sellars set up for him...cole beardsley was a partnership of goal scoring,NOT, one creating for the other.

how many would shearer have scored without bellamy...fewer for sure,how many would nufc have scored with a forward who could finish,my guess is more.

the andy cole analogy is hilarious(your falling into alan olivers trap)look at how many rob lee and scott sellars set up for him...cole beardsley was a partnership of goal scoring,NOT, one creating for the other.

37777[/snapback]

Fact is, Owen will score more goals than Bellamy, but Shearer would score more goals if he played alongside Bellamy.

My point has always been that Bellamy is a top quality player and the ideal partner for Shearer.

I am pleased you think the Andy Cole scenario is hilarious, because I think your

championship manager type statistics are fucking stupid.

Did you see Wyn Davies and Pop Robson ? How many goals do you think Robson would have scored without Davies ?

Did you see Malcolm MacDonald and John Tudor ? How many goals do you think MacDonald would have scored without Tudor [and Tony Green, Terry Hibbit and Tommy Craig ?]

didn't see davies and robson(got sore ears as a kid hearing about them though)and yes saw macdonald and tudor,they hunted as a pair and didnt create a great deal for each other.be honest,that cole/beardsley season or two,what beardsley created was mainly for himself,didnt create much for cole,coles goals came from other sources.....back to bellamy though,good player,with his talent should have been better,not as good as some portray,not as bad as others do.....keep a close eye on him now he is elsewhere(maybe your bellamy tinted glasses need to come off)...same goes for robert to a certain degree.

Why don't you prove it first?  Or am I to just accept your obsessed rantings as fact?

37448[/snapback]

press report, confirmed, straight from the mouth of an ex Blackburn player.

Now, before you ask, I obviously can't say who it was .....

But, he doesn't have any personal gripe against Souness, he had no bother with him, but still thinks he's a wanker

37597[/snapback]

It was on the radio the other day that, since the premiership was formed, there have been 16 occasions when a manager has publically said a player will never play for him again. 12 of these occasions involved Souness.

Now, I have no way of testing the validity of this statement, but can anyone say, in all honesty, that it isn't likely to be true? We all knew what was going to happen to our more difficult-to-mange players the day Souness came, with all to predictable results.

Frankly I can't be arsed arguing about Souness anymore - to me his worth as a manager has been shown at every club he has been with bar Rangers, none so more clearly than here. Those that don't want to see it, that incredibly think Faye was an acceptable signing for instance, then fine. We can continue this conversation at the end of the year or when Souness is sacked, whichever comes first.

It was on the radio the other day that, since the premiership was formed, there have been 16 occasions when a manager has publically said a player will never play for him again. 12 of these occasions involved Souness.

Now, I have no way of testing the validity of this statement, but can anyone say, in all honesty, that it isn't likely to be true? We all knew what was going to happen to our more difficult-to-mange players the day Souness came, with all to predictable results.

Frankly I can't be arsed arguing about Souness anymore - to me his worth as a manager has been shown at every club he has been with bar Rangers, none so more clearly than here. Those that don't want to see it, that incredibly think Faye was an acceptable signing for instance, then fine. We can continue this conversation at the end of the year or when Souness is sacked, whichever comes first.

37873[/snapback]

Absolutely, We were right weren't we mate.

It's all been an obvious scenario, obvious to all those without rose tinted specs ©