Bellamy's Reaction

David Kelly

I suppose if there is one lasting image of Bellamy, it's the brainless petulant action of the abusive text to Shearer. That summed up Bellamy - a prune instead of a brain.

36881[/snapback]

Phil. Is there any proof this is true ?

Even if it is, doesn't it tell you something ? Why text Shearer, due to him feeling bitter about being pushed out of the club ?

Does Shearer indeed have too much influence ?

Is the club being run by a clique ?

Both these scenarios are bad news, very bad news. Very worrying.

36890[/snapback]

LM, I find it incredible that even if you were to accept the texting story as true, you would still absolve Bellamy from any blame. Instead it's Shearer's fault for having too much influence and worrying evidence of the club being run by a clique. You seem to suggest it has nothing at all to do with Craig Bellamy being a poisonous little shit.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's quite amazing the fact the amount of people who are turning against a player just because he's left Newcastle and didn't want to go, then imply they can make a realistic judgement of a player or a manager without wearing rose tinted specs

I suppose if there is one lasting image of Bellamy, it's the brainless petulant action of the abusive text to Shearer. That summed up Bellamy - a prune instead of a brain.

36881[/snapback]

Even if it is, doesn't it tell you something ? Why text Shearer, due to him feeling bitter about being pushed out of the club ?

36890[/snapback]

LM, I find it incredible that even if you were to accept the texting story as true, you would still absolve Bellamy from any blame. Instead it's Shearer's fault for having too much influence and worrying evidence of the club being run by a clique. You seem to suggest it has nothing at all to do with Craig Bellamy being a poisonous little shit.

37104[/snapback]

As I said earlier Gemmil, why didn't you tell us that Bellamy was a "poisonous little shit" before Souness came........

of course, its because he was playing or Newcastle ! Rose tinted specs and all that .......

I predict that when Souness is sacked, you will still not admit you are/were wrong, and will make up some excuse for his crap performance

36881[/snapback]

36890[/snapback]

37104[/snapback]

As I said earlier Gemmil, why didn't you tell us that Bellamy was a "poisonous little shit" before Souness came........

of course, its because he was playing or Newcastle ! Rose tinted specs and all that .......

I predict that when Souness is sacked, you will still not admit you are/were wrong, and will make up some excuse for his crap performance

37111[/snapback]

So let me get this right then: in order for me to call Bellamy a poisonous little shit now, I have to have been saying it from the very minute he joined the club, if not before. Is that how it works?

I think it's quite amazing the fact the amount of people who are turning against a player just because he's left Newcastle and didn't want to go, then imply they can make a realistic judgement of a player or a manager without wearing rose tinted specs

37105[/snapback]

I'm not really for Souness and I appreciate Bellamy for the player he was. Both are to blame for what happened imo. The point I was trying to make is that you can't use an alleged incident to have a go at Souness/to back up Bellamy then complain when people list the many alleged incidents Bellamy was involved in to have a go at the player. He was class but he carried a lot of baggage and we've now got a better, more professional player in my view, albeit at a far greater price. You might say I'm pleasantly surprised at the outcome :lol:

So let me get this right then:  in order for me to call Bellamy a poisonous little shit now, I have to have been saying it from the very minute he joined the club, if not before.  Is that how it works?

37113[/snapback]

Simple question. According to you, he has suddenly became a "poisonous little shit" since Souness came in, and he left ? Why ? You said it, not me.

Was he earlier or wasn't he ? If not, why ?

Fact is, you are proving the point that appointing TErry Macdermott wasn't a waste of money, accepting the spin and character assasination of a player his boss wanted rid of.

Not surprising though, they knew the ones with rose tinted specs would believe it, and there are quite a few out there

37105[/snapback]

I'm not really for Souness and I appreciate Bellamy for the player he was. Both are to blame for what happened imo. The point I was trying to make is that you can't use an alleged incident to have a go at Souness/to back up Bellamy then complain when people list the many alleged incidents Bellamy was involved in to have a go at the player. He was class but he carried a lot of baggage and we've now got a better, more professional player in my view, albeit at a far greater price. You might say I'm pleasantly surprised at the outcome :lol:

37114[/snapback]

If you think Owen has replaced Bellamy you are dreaming. Owen is Shearers long term replacement, because the club certainly won't have another 15m quid next summer to replace Shearer.

Because of Souness, the club has spent the money put by to replace Shearer before he has retired. There are a few accountants / economists out there who will see this .......

So let me get this right then:  in order for me to call Bellamy a poisonous little shit now, I have to have been saying it from the very minute he joined the club, if not before.  Is that how it works?

37113[/snapback]

Simple question. According to you, he has suddenly became a "poisonous little shit" since Souness came in, and he left ? Why ? You said it, not me.

Fact is, you are proving the point that appointing TErry Macdermott wasn't a waste of money, accepting the spin and character assasination of a player his boss wanted rid of.

Not surprising though, they knew the ones with rose tinted specs would believe it, and there are quite a few out there

37115[/snapback]

I thought Bellamy was a good player before Souness arrived. I still think he's a good player now. I also thought he was suspect as a person and certainly not someone as I would want as a friend before Souness arrived - a nasty piece of work if you like. I still think that of him now.

Is that ok with you? Or have I been brainwashed at some point without realising it?

37113[/snapback]

37115[/snapback]

I thought Bellamy was a good player before Souness arrived. I still think he's a good player now. I also thought he was suspect as a person and certainly not someone as I would want as a friend before Souness arrived - a nasty piece of work if you like. I still think that of him now.

Is that ok with you? Or have I been brainwashed at some point without realising it?

37121[/snapback]

As i suspected, you are attempting to swerve from admitting it was totally wrong of him to be sold. It's what they do on the field that counts, you didn't call him a nasty piece of work and advocate his sale accordingly a year ago.

What do you think of a manager who alienates players everywhere he goes, leaving clubs in a mess with unhappy players, and tries to break his own players leg on the training ground just because he nutmegs him ?

37105[/snapback]

37114[/snapback]

If you think Owen has replaced Bellamy you are dreaming. Owen is Shearers long term replacement, because the club certainly won't have another 15m quid next summer to replace Shearer.

Because of Souness, the club has spent the money put by to replace Shearer before he has retired. There are a few accountants / economists out there who will see this .......

37120[/snapback]

And you accuse other people of having a biased view? Jesus wept! ;)

A lot of us must have been watching through rose tinted glasses, as nearly every other football supporter was telling us that Bellamy was an odious little shit.

They could see it and we couldn't? Or is the truth more along the lines of that we didn't want to see it? Or, as is usual, we could see it but chose to ignore it as he was one of ours?

37113[/snapback]

37115[/snapback]

37121[/snapback]

As i suspected, you are attempting to swerve from admitting it was totally wrong of him to be sold. It's what they do on the field that counts, you didn't call him a nasty piece of work and advocate his sale accordingly a year ago.

What do you think of a manager who alienates players everywhere he goes, leaving clubs in a mess with unhappy players, and tries to break his own players leg on the training ground just because he nutmegs him ?

37126[/snapback]

;)

I'm not trying to swerve from that at all because I think it was RIGHT for him to be sold. He had to go because he made his position at the club untenable. So never mind "As I suspected..." Mr. Poirot. :lol:

37126[/snapback]

What's the highlighted bit about?

I must say I loved Craig scoring goals for us but I always hated his personality. I didn't get through a match without a couple of "Shut Up Craig!"s.

I remember reading an interview with him admitting to opening video games the night before christmas to read the instructions so he could beat his son. Funny stuff, but what a total prick! :lol:

Edited by DotBum

A lot of us must have been watching through rose tinted glasses, as nearly every other football supporter was telling us that Bellamy was an odious little shit.

They could see it and we couldn't? Or is the truth more along the lines of that we didn't want to see it? Or, as is usual, we could see it but chose to ignore it as he was one of ours?

37130[/snapback]

I could see it like. I wish I had a quid for every home game I yelled 'Bellamy, shut. the. fuck. up.' I always said that he was the kind of player that every other teams fans hate, just like Shearer and Bowyer.

Good player, little twat.

As i suspected, you are attempting to swerve from admitting it was totally wrong of him to be sold. It's what they do on the field that counts , you didn't call him a nasty piece of work and advocate his sale accordingly a year ago.

37126[/snapback]

You love to keep going on about that night in Rotterdam. What about the home game against Inter where his actions basically ruined any chance of making further progress in the Champions League?

As i suspected, you are attempting to swerve from admitting it was totally wrong of him to be sold. It's what they do on the field that counts , you didn't call him a nasty piece of work and advocate his sale accordingly a year ago.

37126[/snapback]

You love to keep going on about that night in Rotterdam. What about the home game against Inter where his actions basically ruined any chance of making further progress in the Champions League?

37146[/snapback]

You beat me to it - I was about to liken Rotterdam and Inter.

But the fact that over the last 2 seasons he was here more and more games missed for reasons that both Souness and Robson were dubious about - his behaviour off the field....

I think Gemmill called him an odious little shit, and that is about right. Yes we DID turn a blind eye because he played for us. But thats hardly to HIS credit. And no, I don't think his goalscoring record was that good. What was it ? 1 in 4 ? Hardly anything to write home about.

37130[/snapback]

I could see it like. I wish I had a quid for every home game I yelled 'Bellamy, shut. the. fuck. up.' I always said that he was the kind of player that every other teams fans hate, just like Shearer and Bowyer.

Good player, little twat.

37145[/snapback]

Agreed...

I seem to remember that on toon-chat, there were a lot of calls for him to be thrown out of the club in the wake of the chair-throwing incident at Newcastle Airport (witnessed by many members of the public, may I add).

That certainly didn't happen during Souness' reign.

Souness and Bellamy came to blows, agreed and due to heirarchy, there was only going to be one winner, but Bellamy was a twat before Souness became manager and what's more, many of us were aware and unimpressed by it!

37130[/snapback]

You seem hell bent on defending Souness, his actions, and seeing the football team go down the pan as a result.

Do you also think Roy Keane is an odious shit ?

Do you think manu fans agree Roy Keane is an odious shit ?

Dearie me ........

37113[/snapback]

37115[/snapback]

37121[/snapback]

37126[/snapback]

;)

I'm not trying to swerve from that at all because I think it was RIGHT for him to be sold. He had to go because he made his position at the club untenable. So never mind "As I suspected..." Mr. Poirot. :lol:

37131[/snapback]

So you were happy with the resultant performances and league position ?

And you are happy to take the word and accept the judgement of a proven fuckwit when it comes to managing football teams and football players ?

and why don't you answer this bit ?

Edited by LeazesMag

37434[/snapback]

The Roy Keane who was such an odious shit he was sent home from the World Cup?

I suppose Mick McCarthy was deliberately out to destroy the Irish team...

37126[/snapback]

What's the highlighted bit about?

I must say I loved Craig scoring goals for us but I always hated his personality. I didn't get through a match without a couple of "Shut Up Craig!"s.

I remember reading an interview with him admitting to opening video games the night before christmas to read the instructions so he could beat his son. Funny stuff, but what a total prick! :lol:

37132[/snapback]

the manager that some are defending, who they think is doing what is best for the club and doesn't have an ego problem, who tried to break the leg of one of his own players at Blackburn ........

37105[/snapback]

37114[/snapback]

37120[/snapback]

37129[/snapback]

The only thing I am biased about is wanting good results on the pitch, and needing your best players to do that.

37105[/snapback]

37114[/snapback]

37120[/snapback]

37129[/snapback]

The only thing I am biased about is wanting good results on the pitch, and needing your best players to do that.

37440[/snapback]

Inter at home?

37434[/snapback]

The Roy Keane who was such an odious shit he was sent home from the World Cup?

I suppose Mick McCarthy was deliberately out to destroy the Irish team...

37436[/snapback]

You, being German, or in Germany, should understand the mentality of someone who wants to be a winner

37105[/snapback]

37114[/snapback]

37120[/snapback]

37129[/snapback]

37440[/snapback]

Inter at home?

37442[/snapback]

aye, I'm looking forward to Souness proving he was right to sell Bellamy and rip the team apart when he qualifies for the Champions League .....