Bellamy's Reaction

David Kelly

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellamy or Owen - absolutely no contest!

Bellamy left us to join a 'big' club remember! Good riddance!

35781[/snapback]

Far as i knew he didnt want to go. He was willing to stay. Im pissed off with 'fans' who slag off ex players, Bellars always tried hard for us and showed way more fighting spirit than most of the lazy gits we have on our books.

35781[/snapback]

Far as i knew he didnt want to go. He was willing to stay. Im pissed off with 'fans' who slag off ex players, Bellars always tried hard for us and showed way more fighting spirit than most of the lazy gits we have on our books.

35792[/snapback]

We KNOW he tried hard on the pitch! No one is denying that. We're just not blind to all the stuff that has happened since either!

35781[/snapback]

35792[/snapback]

He was a "proper" player then?

Im pissed off with 'fans' who slag off ex players

35792[/snapback]

Does that include the likes of Marcelino, Maric, etc...? ;)

Bellars always tried hard for us and showed way more fighting spirit than most of the lazy gits we have on our books.

35792[/snapback]

So it's OK to slag off our current payroll, but not those who've left?? :wacko:

There is no doubting Bellamy was a good player for this club, I too remember the night in Holland, but he wasn't the innocent victim in all of this. He had the chance to apologise to his teammates and put the whole thing behind him, he chose not to. Then to tell new signings on their first day that they've signed for a shit club? He was asked to do a job on the wing, he faked injury twice to get out of it. Very committed.

What is revealing to me is the standard of club that came in for him.

If he was that good, or well disciplined, then at £4m a lot more clubs would have been in for him.

35791[/snapback]

That just about sums it up for Bellars for a player of his stature 4mill was a snatch if he had,had his mouth sown up a lot more clubs I'm sure would have relished him in there team for twice that amount

He had the chance to apologise to his teammates and put the whole thing behind him, he chose not to.

35799[/snapback]

The definitive 'hit the nail on the head' comment. Bellamy had an opportunity to let bygones be bygones and start again with a clean slate - something he clearly didn't want to do - personally I'm glad that a player with a chip that size on his shoulder is no longer drawing wages from the club I support.

He was a good player - indeed. He was also a complete and utter twat who IMO, did not properly respect the club or the people who support it.

He had the chance to apologise to his teammates and put the whole thing behind him, he chose not to.

35799[/snapback]

The definitive 'hit the nail on the head' comment. Bellamy had an opportunity to let bygones be bygones and start again with a clean slate - something he clearly didn't want to do - personally I'm glad that a player with a chip that size on his shoulder is no longer drawing wages from the club I support.

He was a good player - indeed. He was also a complete and utter twat who IMO, did not properly respect the club or the people who support it.

35803[/snapback]

'Let's see, should I apologise and continue to play for the club I'm committed to, or shall I go on Sky, call the manager a liar, and in doing so go against what I sat and promised the chairman I wouldn't do. Hmmm...it's a tricky one...'

Didn't he make some statement along the lines of 'loving the club and walk over broken glass etc etc'?

Yet making an apology is too much to ask?

35811[/snapback]

;)

FS: "Will you say sorry Craig?"

CB: " :wacko: Can I walk over broken glass instead? :huh: " *

* that smiley was used to signify his new goofy teeth. :D

I'd rather have Bellamy and Owen meself. I'd still have him here. We only have Souness's PR team to go on for half the accusations and after the way Shearer stabbed him in the back (how Bellmay feels) I'd have sent those texts too.

Still doesnt change the fact that I found his reaction funny

There is no doubting Bellamy was a good player for this club, I too remember the night in Holland, but he wasn't the innocent victim in all of this. He had the chance to apologise to his teammates and put the whole thing behind him, he chose not to. Then to tell new signings on their first day that they've signed for a shit club? He was asked to do a job on the wing, he faked injury twice to get out of it. Very committed.

35799[/snapback]

when did he fake injury twice to get out of playing? The only thing we know he did was to do it once to get out of training to go and see the chairman. Is speculation suddenly becoming fact after the passafge of time? How handy. Tbh the way NUFC is being run and the man they do have in charge I would say we're a shit club with a shit manager. Will someone tell me how we're any different?

when did he fake injury twice to get out of playing? The only thing we know he did was to do it once to get out of training to go and see the chairman. Is speculation suddenly becoming fact after the passafge of time? How handy. Tbh the way NUFC is being run and the man they do have in charge I would say we're a shit club with a shit manager. Will someone tell me how we're any different?

35823[/snapback]

I have to disagree.

We are GREAT club with, possibly, a shit manager.

Anyone who truly loves this club (as Bellamy claims) would surely say the same??

;)

we are not being run like a great club. We are being run like an amateur outfit. Its the context for me. A Mackem saying we are a shit club and me saying it when angry at the way we are being run are two completely different things. Bellamy's been strangled in training, see's Souness shite training methods (speculation on my part but not unfounded) and see's players who are worse than him and those that cant even run anymore being picked ahead of him when he's in the form of his career. I can understand him being pissed off and saying such a thing. Of course if someone can tell me that wasnt the context then I'll agree he's a twat

..well we know he is a twat ;) , I mean more of a twat for that comment.. which in itslef could be a complete fabrication

Edited by luckypierre

Can't be arsed to get back into the whole who said what first argument. What I will say is that we've all heard all of the stories and all come to our own conclusions. No one's going to change anyone's mind but I know what I think about Craig Bellamy and very little of it is favourable.

we are not being run like a great club. We are being run like an amateur outfit. Its the context for me. A Mackem saying we are a shit club and me saying it when angry at the way we are being run are two completely different things. Bellamy's been strangled in training, see's Souness shite training methods (speculation on my part but not unfounded) and see's players who are worse than him and those that cant even run anymore being picked ahead of him when he's in the form of his career. I can understand him being pissed off and saying such a thing. Of course if someone can tell me that wasnt the context then I'll agree he's a twat

..well we know he is a twat ;) , I mean more of a twat for that comment.. which in itslef could be a complete fabrication

35833[/snapback]

Is speculation suddenly becoming fact after the passafge of time? How handy. :wacko:

;)

Aye, using speculation to discredit speculation.. getting messy

you could have at least corrected my typo alex

Gemmill I agree.

I think Bellamy had to go for the things he did but thats based on the things I know he did and I dont think he takes 100% blame for the situation. Still doesnt change what happened. Just dont bring up bollocks thats been attributed to him by Souness's mates as fact, you dont need to really

Edited by luckypierre

;)

Aye, using speculation to discredit speculation.. getting messy

you could have at least corrected my typo alex

Gemmill I agree. I think Bellamy had to go for the things he did but thats based on the things I know he did and I dont think he takes 100% blame for the situation. Still doesnt change what happened. Just dont bring up bollocks thats been attributed to him by Souness's mates, you dont need to really

35840[/snapback]

Quite right Souness handled the situation badly too.

Aye, I think even if Bellamy had apologised then Souness might have been the kind of man to hold a grudge. I did understand why Bellamy was unhappy out of the right wing, he was shite out there, but for £40,000 a week he should have just got on with it and let the results decide whether Souness was doing the right thing or not.

Putting all the arguments to one side about who said what between Souness/Bellamy etc, from what I saw of the match on Sunday it looks like Bellamy's finishing is just as good as it ever was. Pace and skill are wonderful things but they mean shite all if you're a forward who can't actually manage to put the ball in between the sticks.

Now going back to the arguments thing - Bellamy didn't like being told what to do and he thought he was bigger than the club. He put his pet lip on, thought he was clever and undermined everyone including the fans by running to the press and stamping his feet like a spoilt child. Bye bye, Craig..