Toys & Games of yesteryear

Jusoda Kid

Did taste like germolene, but dont think that was it. Gum was kinda small and rectangular and pink.

The small rectangular pink bubblegum was a Bazzoka Joe but it had a comic stip not a tattoo I think

and you could collect vouchers to send away for amazing bazooka joe toys like catapults, pea shooters and invisible ink.

npt that i ever could be arsed mind

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of points:

There was a NUFC version of Monopoly produced recently. I saw it on HotUKDeals but they'd sold out. Woolies IIRC had it.

I had a Micro Machines thing that was an entire city; transformed into a toolbox. Cool as fuck.

I also had one of those rubbery frisbees but it was triangular. It went even further. Into a tree. Miles away. ;)

I want one!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Well this thread really is a trip back in time, either I or my son had so much of whats been posted, happy days! :D

We've still got our C64 (and it works) my son says it will be valuble oneday so wouldnt let me chuck it out!

Edited by Toonraider

I had a +3. Felt like the fucking daddy with a 'FDD'. ;)

+3's were shit, this is where it was at:

sinclairspectrum2systemgo0.jpg

;)

I had both. +2 had more games but the +3 was fast loading. Shitty fucking floppy disk system though - if you turned the computer off with a disk still in the drive, it wiped it!!! I went through 4 copies of Microprose Soccer (banana shots were mint!) as a result!

Best thread ever!! B)

Am I the only one who said "Hah!" about 98 times whilst looking at it? :birthday:

No you're not the only one :rolleyes:

Good thread, though I'm sure we did this ages ago, unless that was another forum.

I had both. +2 had more games but the +3 was fast loading. Shitty fucking floppy disk system though - if you turned the computer off with a disk still in the drive, it wiped it!!! I went through 4 copies of Microprose Soccer (banana shots were mint!) as a result!

Really? :birthday: I think it was the same drive as the Amstrad had, the latter having bought up Sinclair's brand name and products at some point. So you've probably got Alan Sugar to blame for that. Mind you, it never happened to my CPC, so I suspect it was an underhanded attempt to force the Speccy out of the market, allowing the clearly superior Amstrad to achieve global domination.

Oh well. B)

There was an awesome electronic footy game, but I seriously can't remember what it was called. :birthday:

Was that the one with blue versus red, and each team had players "on rails". You had controls behind your teams goal and you controlled the player by pushing forward and back, which made the player "run" forward or back, and you would then twizzle the stick to make them kick>

If so, I agree. Was superb! Much better than subbuteo or Pro Action Football and it's dodgy matt.

Edited by Li3nZ

What was the game where you had to fit all these different shaped pieces into a board before it sprang up?

Was it Boggle?

Nah. Small yellow pieces all different shapes, about 50 of the little bastards. You pressed the board down and it ticked up until the time ran out, upon which it sprang up flinging all the pieces everywhere.

What was the game where you had to fit all these different shaped pieces into a board before it sprang up?

Was it Boggle?

Nah. Small yellow pieces all different shapes, about 50 of the little bastards. You pressed the board down and it ticked up until the time ran out, upon which it sprang up flinging all the pieces everywhere.

Frustration?

Was it Boggle?

Frustration?

Nope